2.0 LMS e30 tune

Snox801

So lms has done my 15 3.5 truck and got me to 12:60 1/4 and I use it to haul all the time. Had it done at 300 miles with tune and meth injection. Im at 150,000 hard miles. So I had them build my 16 rs its is such a beast. So naturally I turned to them to tune my wifes 17 2.0. Well the hp numbers are not crazy but the trq is nuts. I had them do a e30 tune which is 5 gallons e85 topped off with 93.

Its not chirps the tires when launching and its an awd. Very fun to drive now. So if anyone was on the edge pull the trigger. Next year Im having them put my turbo off my rs on it cause its very close to a Direct fit. I was able to pull 389whp out of that turbo so it should be plenty.

• Like 1

They did not have it available until just recently. Thats why mine had to spend a week at the shop. The only tunes I had them build for me was a 93 performance, and e30. The reason I did that is because if I was to ever tow or need to run 87 I would run stock I have others for my truck and RS but they never get used so I didnt waste any time on them.

Mpg seemed to increase 2mpg over the same 2,000 mile trips I make for work. The drivability is by far worth the tune alone. Even my wife says its so much better to drive less shifting more acceleration and better throttle position.

I believe it cost me $500 for the tuner that holds 5 tunes. That gets you the tuner and acces to the entire library so if you change vehicals you can bro g it to the next one free of charge as long as they have files already for it.

I believe I gained only 16whp peak to peak but the band of power is so much bigger. Same peak vs peak power for the e30 tune. The 93 gained 31 trq and widen that by a huge amount. The e30 tune gained 103trq. And very early on. I will have 1/4 times around sept when I go to track day. They just had one sat but it was to hot for me.

• Like 1

Forgot to add easy of install is easy. Plug in tuner snap photos of startagy code and vin it gives you. Send back to them. Them they send you an email and it load to the tuner by itself. Then plug in tuner to obd2 and it walks you through in less than 5 min. Very easy my wife even does it when she doesnt feel like mixing e85. Side note I was able to race a tuned st and he was not able to pull on me. He followed me to ask if I was big turbo or not. Im trying to find a stock st to really test it out.

Not sure if i can/could justify the 70/cent + a gallon for 93. Don't get me wrong, i understand that 93 will give me the best gains, but our Edge is really only a to/from work & travel car. Drive ability would be nice as i often find myself in sport mode for quick maneuvers. Did you notice if boost was increased? I believe that I've seen a 21psi spike before. I'm slightly more interested in the LTFT. The edge sits around 8-9% (been awhile since I've looked) which is a bit high IMO. The exhaust tips also say that it's running a bit rich as well.

Im not sure Id boost was increased. Ill be down working that way this week and will be able to swing in. I know from previous tunes from them it usually is but at about 2 percent. As far as 93 octane it seems to be a wash for savings. The way I looked at it was I got about 52 miles more per tank so about two gallons. Saved about $7 in mpg. Filling with 93 cost about $11 more per tank so it cost about $4 more per tank to run the 93. Well worth the added bonus of have a fun car to drive and having a much safer oct fuel. I ran 93 in mine anyway so it was a gain for me. What one must remember is that to run 87 the ecu is making correction for knock which is bad. So while running 87 you are constantly having timing and boost pulled to help ward off knock.

Now that being said if you have easy acces to e85 you are good either way. 5 gallons e85 topped with 93 is the way to go. E85 is cheap and helps offset cost and provides the biggest gains by a wide margin. I run e30 about 25 percent of the time. Ill even go out of my way when its hot out to run it. Byproduct of any alcohol is heat removal. Had this tuned when new and at 24,000 miles now and its been driven very hard. Cant wait to get to the strip and see what time I can get.

• Like 1

It may have been a timing issue. When I called they did not have one done they had the fusion and escape but not the edge. I was pretty surprised when I bought this that no one has been tuning them. It has the same 2.0 as the st with the upgraded twin scroll. Those blocks are very strong and most stuff from the st will fit nicely. It is my wifes car and Ive been trying to curb my spending on mods but my goal would to have downpipe, meth injection, and the turbo off my rs. That would be a crazy fun car to drive. But Im thinking of settling for meth injection and a retune. The downtime it takes to fab a downpipe will not work into the schedule.

• Like 1

You could also ask for Scott the manager he was who I dropped it off to. Scott knows me well the are finishing my rs right now. By the way my name is Levi. So if they tell you they dont tell that sales guy hes full of shit cause Im running it right now.

• Like 1

I do not and am not on my face. I assure you it is available. I just talked to Steve and mentioned they should add it to the site or if they did vid to post to YouTube. They seem to think they dont have a large market for it. I can post the pics on the focus RS forum if you really want to see them under a general discussion. Even if you dont sign up you can see them.

• Like 2

I posted pics of the dyno and the edge at LMS along with a pic from earlier in the year. Its on the focus rs forum under off topic. If you have more interest I would contact them direct and ask for Steve or Scott. I dont work for them and have nothing invested into them. I just found a pack of info on mods for this platform and thought Id share my experience with them. Ive had amazing luck with everything they have done for me and usually you only hear the bad so I thought Id share.

• Like 2

For those that look at the graph the gains on 2.0 before 17 will be greater. The mkc 2.0 they did had larger gains than mine but a few less peak hp. Do to the revised tune from factory. Also after you become a customer you get two free track day events a year they put on. Very fun events if you can make it south of detriot. I take mine every year at least once. Im hoping for a 14:5 out if the edge.

• Like 2

Thanks. I just enjoy this stuff and noticed nobody had any info on the 2.0 edge a few with the escape. So when I had to go to New York for a week I dropped off the edge and picked it up on the way back.

Salute, I finally got a 2nd email response from Anthony stating that they will now offer 2.0 tuning. After 3 years of ā€œNo, no plans on it!ā€ You have made a lot od people happy Snox

• Like 1

I seem to buy all the stuff they need all of mine have been the vehicals they build off. Lucky Im only 3 hours from them so its easy for me to dyno.

FYI they posted the vid today to the YouTube channel. It shows peak and max gains for the 93. I think they are very Leary of the e30 tunes as customers could have issues mixing. Its a very impressive tune.

I can tell you its worth every penny on this car to get the tune. I just left lms and was talking about putting my rs turbo on the edge and meh injection.