2011 MyFord Touch Software Help

redden18 - Thanks for all your Help, I've got the v3.10 update installed in my 2014 Taurus.

jmr061 - The latest download from the Ford site now has "redden18" fix in the autoinstall.lst file.

I'm still having a problem reporting the update back to Ford but that's usually a problem.

Thanks for your Help

added:

I contacted Ford IVT (In-Vehicle Technology) [sync@ford.com] and they were able to update the Ford owner site for me to show my latest update.

Edited by FordGuy1

reddin18 - Thanks for all your Help, I've got the v3.10 update installed in my 2014 Taurus.

jmr061 - The latest download from the Ford site now has "reddin18" fix in the autoinstall.lst file.

I'm still having a problem reporting the update back to Ford but that's usually a problem.

Thanks for your Help

:2thumbs: Enjoy

• 10 months later...
On 7/16/2018 at 4:24 PM, candurin said:

Heres a link to 3.8 (it should still be active, but, I cant check from my phone):

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageNARev2.zip

Its directly from fords servers.

1. Just unzip and copy to a USB (FAT32) drive

2. You should have just a "SyncMyRide" folder and "autoinstall.lst" file

3. Start your car, engine must be running throughout the process

4. Plug the USB

5. Let it install

Installation can take up to an hour.

If you want, heres a link to 3.10. Package checks out as an official ford one, albeit not from fords sever:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OgV-hRT3rQsGcMcga1mLeAOOHVYp7rRI/view

Many people have succedully updated to 3.10 using this package without issue (you assume all risk).

Same install process.

Hi, I have a 2011 Ford EDGE Limited, version: CCPU S \ W Version 4.26.12023_PRODUCT, I would like to know if it is safe to upgrade to version 3.8 that you posted to download. Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, rickysubero said:

Hi, I have a 2011 Ford EDGE Limited, version: CCPU S \ W Version 4.26.12023_PRODUCT, I would like to know if it is safe to upgrade to version 3.8 that you posted to download. Thanks in advance.

Since you are on 3.0.2, feel free to update to 3.10.  3.10 should be available when you log into the Ford support site.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Sorry to bring back such an old post, but I need help since I am really lost:

I have a 2011 Edge Limited, it currently has Sync2 V. 4.26.11399, I have searched everywhere but just CAN'T find any information about this version, when I took it to a dealership (I live in Mexico City) they told me that they don't have any updates/information available for that version and they want to replace (not update) the APIM at a really funny price... funny for them of course (in which case I'd rather go straight to Sync3). 

So, I'd like to ask for your kind help in order to know: Is there really not an update for my Sync2? (can I have such bad luck?), isn't there some walk around? 

Please please help me! I appreciate your support!

Regards!

Noe G.

22 hours ago, Noe said:

Hi!

Sorry to bring back such an old post, but I need help since I am really lost:

I have a 2011 Edge Limited, it currently has Sync2 V. 4.26.11399, I have searched everywhere but just CAN'T find any information about this version, when I took it to a dealership (I live in Mexico City) they told me that they don't have any updates/information available for that version and they want to replace (not update) the APIM at a really funny price... funny for them of course (in which case I'd rather go straight to Sync3). 

So, I'd like to ask for your kind help in order to know: Is there really not an update for my Sync2? (can I have such bad luck?), isn't there some walk around? 

Please please help me! I appreciate your support!

Regards!

Noe G.

The latest version is 3.10 which you can install. You won't see too many improvements though... PM me

@NoeYou can download the latest version here:  https://help.ford.com/update-sync/

You won't get the available firmware update that is likely available for the system this however...that would be done in conjunction with the software if the dealer did it.  Your dealer is fully capable of updating things.  Sounds like they are lazy or just not knowledgeable. 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:42 AM, jmr061 said:

@NoeYou can download the latest version here:  https://help.ford.com/update-sync/

You won't get the available firmware update that is likely available for the system this however...that would be done in conjunction with the software if the dealer did it.  Your dealer is fully capable of updating things.  Sounds like they are lazy or just not knowledgeable. 

Thanks!!!

So I found out that I have Sync2 V2.91 installed in my 2011 Edge and It seems that FIRST I need t get V3.2.2 (Gen2v322build12156updatepackage.exe) before I can update to any other Version,  but I can't find it anymore (was released in 2012), if any of you have it and is willing to share it with me I will truly appreciate it!!!

• 10 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 7:50 AM, Noe said:

So I found out that I have Sync2 V2.91 installed in my 2011 Edge and It seems that FIRST I need t get V3.2.2 (Gen2v322build12156updatepackage.exe) before I can update to any other Version,  but I can't find it anymore (was released in 2012), if any of you have it and is willing to share it with me I will truly appreciate it!!!

I don't have build 12156 around but I do have build 12023. Hope this helps :)

https://mega.nz/file/18dyUbyZ#WCnztIaF55ZiLIW-oxHHzlek-RAR2T484XD603n5LrQ