2019 Edge ST Update

blitz118

LOL! Within the firts 20s of the video I confirmed exactly what I said when they announced an Edge ST, like all these supposed ST models, it is sprung so stiffly you cant even record a proper video in it.

At ~10:33 it shows the tire pressure, and they are at 38-39 psi, don't know why that high, but they definitely don't help the ride.

Also at around 10:40, there is a boost gauge!

• Like 2

Wouldn't matter - he's convinced the ST suspension tuning sucks.

:2thumbs: let me just clarify sucks - overly stiff for its purpose. This is true in the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS and now in the Edge ST. Ford will figure it out eventually. All the other manufacturers did, Ford just need to follow their own process to get to the same answer.

:2thumbs: let me just clarify sucks - overly stiff for its purpose. This is true in the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS and now in the Edge ST. Ford will figure it out eventually. All the other manufacturers did, Ford just need to follow their own process to get to the same answer.

I'll wait for the reviews to come out and my own road test to confirm what at this point is just an ongoing whiny assumption on your part.

• Like 2

:2thumbs: let me just clarify sucks - overly stiff for its purpose.

"overly stiff" is very subjective. i find my '16 Ti a touch on the mushy side. it's okay but hardly sporty on winding roads (or when swerving to avoid a deer.) i might prefer an overly stiff suspension.

i must admit that i am puzzled as to how you came to this conclusion since it would be safe to assume that you haven't yet ridden in one yet.

• Like 1

"overly stiff" is very subjective. i find my '16 Ti a touch on the mushy side. it's okay but hardly sporty on winding roads (or when swerving to avoid a deer.) i might prefer an overly stiff suspension.

i must admit that i am puzzled as to how you came to this conclusion since it would be safe to assume that you haven't yet ridden in one yet.

I have driven every ST since the first 2.0 Duratec ST Fiesta... But like you guys say, this one will probably be different LOL!

It's not a matter of whether it's different or not - it's your conjecture that it's stiffer than it needs to be and that every other manufacturer does it so much better.

That's your opinion so there's not point in arguing that. But we don't have to agree with it. I think they tuned it for the performance they wanted even if you don't like it.

• Like 2

It's not a matter of whether it's different or not - it's your conjecture that it's stiffer than it needs to be and that every other manufacturer does it so much better.

That's your opinion so there's not point in arguing that. But we don't have to agree with it. I think they tuned it for the performance they wanted even if you don't like it.

All the manufacturers (including Lincoln with the MKX) is at minimum giving buyers the option of adaptive suspension where it is not standard (heck, its even standard on the Fusion Sport..... If you want the permanent overly stiff ride, you buy the standard car, if you want to be able to dial it down, you get adaptive dampers. Why is Adaptive Dampers offered on the MKX but not the ST? Because they believe ST stands for "handling" and the way you make people believe its a great "handling" car, you make it very stiff or slap a nurburgring sticker on it....

The Edge Sport is already on the firm side for a SUV especially when riding on the optional 21's. The new Edge is 10% firmer. This is not rocket science.... I dont know about the roads in the rest of NA about up north in Edmonton, you cannot have a family SUV with sportscar suspension as a daily and a Edge is definitely not a weekend car.