Low oil pressure light on...

shumax

You are comical. Wrong oil weight would not cause that sort of an issue in 9,000 miles. I've been around engines long enough to know that. There is no way. I mean, seriously. If you were in my shoes, you'd feel a similar way. Because you aren't there, don't defend it. Your pontificating on behalf of Ford is ridiculous. Ford has an issue with the 2.7 Eco motor; it's a well known issue across the F150 and Fusion forums. This isn't a "one off" issue. There is no way poor treatment on the part of the prior owner contributed to the issue. Ford had an issue, as outlined in the TSB's, that led to this issue. It's as simple as that. You're making more out of it than is there.

I will not argue with you on a forum. It's ridiculous. Enough...

Shumax

I’m just trying to get you to see it from Ford’s standpoint, which you don’t seem interested in, so let’s just move on. I never said they shouldn’t fix it under warranty, and that’s exactly what they’re doing.

• Like 1

You are comical. Wrong oil weight would not cause that sort of an issue in 9,000 miles. I've been around engines long enough to know that. There is no way. I mean, seriously. If you were in my shoes, you'd feel a similar way. Because you aren't there, don't defend it. Your pontificating on behalf of Ford is ridiculous. Ford has an issue with the 2.7 Eco motor; it's a well known issue across the F150 and Fusion forums. This isn't a "one off" issue. There is no way poor treatment on the part of the prior owner contributed to the issue. Ford had an issue, as outlined in the TSB's, that led to this issue. It's as simple as that. You're making more out of it than is there.

I will not argue with you on a forum. It's ridiculous. Enough...

Shumax

Wonder why these failures don't appear to plague the Edge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: We've driven the car just at 300 miles. I've been checking the oil every 3-4 days and it's been fine, until today. I checked the oil - cold engine. The oil level is at the first hole in the dipstick. So, it's gone from the top hole to the bottom hole in about 80 miles. You can imagine the feeling I had when I saw that. I'm not touching it. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow to have them check the oil after it's sat for an hour.

Part of me wonders it it's slightly normal on a "new" engine, to burn some. But, given the history with this engine, I'm not as willing to accept that.

Any thoughts?

Shumax

Update: We've driven the car just at 300 miles. I've been checking the oil every 3-4 days and it's been fine, until today. I checked the oil - cold engine. The oil level is at the first hole in the dipstick. So, it's gone from the top hole to the bottom hole in about 80 miles. You can imagine the feeling I had when I saw that. I'm not touching it. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow to have them check the oil after it's sat for an hour.

Part of me wonders it it's slightly normal on a "new" engine, to burn some. But, given the history with this engine, I'm not as willing to accept that.

Any thoughts?

Shumax

What "history" do you have with that new engine?

Mine has 31K miles on it now and has never needed topping up between oil changes - it remained at the top hole on the dipstick throughout.

Edited by 1004ron

"But, given the history with this engine"

I'm referring to the first one that had to have the cylinder heads replaced due to burning oil and then was eventually replaced - as noted in this thread.

Is it normal to use that much oil in 80 miles after the engine was replaced 300 miles ago?

Shumax

You have a history of 300 miles with this engine, a new factory replacement engine.

"as noted in this thread" - the bulk of this thread refers to the original defective engine.

No its not normal for a new engine to use or lose a load of oil in just 80 miles.

Edited by 1004ron

Any burning oil in the exhaust? (Blue exhause). And oil puddles under the engine when it sits?

(Wondering if its burning it or leaking it)?

Although I imagine this is a silly question, but have you checked the oil filter to see if it's on tight?

Normal oil consumption for a new engine is around 1/2 quart between oil changes.

Edited by enigma-2