Official SYNC2 v3.10 update now available at Ford website!

Agima

On 7/5/2019 at 8:19 PM, lightning4eva said:

Looks like my Nav was deleted as well. Anyone else have this problem. I had a 13 Fusion Titanium and did 2-3 updates no problem. Got my 15 Sport in April that had never seen a Ford Dealer until I brought it in. Was hoping to not have to bring it in as I use it mostly for back up Nav. System is showing 3.10 but not able to report successful back to Ford. Thoughts?

So, tried a new A10 chip and still nothing. Guess I’ll be trying a master reset next

On 7/11/2019 at 8:27 PM, jmr061 said:

Did you get the update from Ford or a 3rd party?

Directly from ford website. This was the first update the car rec’d since it was new (I’m the second owner and I assume it was a lease). I did 2-3 updates to my previous 2013 Fusion Titanium with no issues. No idea how 3.10 deleted my Nav though.

17 hours ago, lightning4eva said:

Directly from ford website. This was the first update the car rec’d since it was new (I’m the second owner and I assume it was a lease). I did 2-3 updates to my previous 2013 Fusion Titanium with no issues. No idea how 3.10 deleted my Nav though.

Send me a direct/private message and cut and paste the contents of the autoinstall file.  It can be opened with notepad or word.

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2019 at 10:42 AM, davtay said:

Liptoss, I have had the same error message. I tried about six times with 3 different usb drives. What I found out, after much searching and frustration is that the Ford website's instructions for updating tell you to not unzip the files before putting on usb. Then they show to unzip or copy and paste the files with Windows Explorer and show an image with the contents unzipped AND the zipped file on the usb. What they do not tell in the instructions is to DELETE the zip file from the usb, then do the update in your car. This finally updated the software to 3.1 without the error message.

I know you were using a Mac, but maybe they showed the same image with all the files and the zip file. This was what was causing my usb error message. Hope it helps.

David.

This cleared my issue as well. Deleting the zip file off of the USB drive enable a successful upgrade on my 2011 Ford Edge. Thanks davtay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi all,

my wife was complaining about Sync not working on her 2015 Edge Sport so I found the update  "SYNC2 v3.10" and went to work. No issues installing the update and it did in fact install perfectly in about thirthy minutes and all I needed to do after that was reconnect our phones to the blutooth and once again all went as planned.

My only issue is that the update suggests going back to the PC with the Thumb drive which will now have an .xml file that needed to be updated with Ford. I found the file without issue but then it says "SELECT THE .XML FILE" and then "SELECT FILE BUTTON BELOW" which does not exist. I now have no idea how to get this file to Ford to inform them of the update.

I should add that I had none of the reported issued with navigation and as stated it was a perfect installation.

Any ideas please.

Regards,

Doug.

Edited by Doorpro
Posted before finishing.

You can contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center at (800) 392-3673.

According to the Ford website, reporting a Successful SYNC Update is completed by following the following instructions. 

Insert the flash drive you used for the update into your computer.
Go to the SYNC and Navigation Updates page.

Scroll down to Step Three: Confirm Update.

Click on Browse for log file.

Browse the flash drive you used to update your SYNC system.

Select the XML log file in the "SYNCMyRide" folder, for example, sync_48474463_1A2B3C4D5E6F8G8H9.xml. Your file name will differ because it will contain your Vehicle Identification Number.

17 hours ago, Doorpro said:

Hi all,

my wife was complaining about Sync not working on her 2015 Edge Sport so I found the update  "SYNC2 v3.10" and went to work. No issues installing the update and it did in fact install perfectly in about thirthy minutes and all I needed to do after that was reconnect our phones to the blutooth and once again all went as planned.

My only issue is that the update suggests going back to the PC with the Thumb drive which will now have an .xml file that needed to be updated with Ford. I found the file without issue but then it says "SELECT THE .XML FILE" and then "SELECT FILE BUTTON BELOW" which does not exist. I now have no idea how to get this file to Ford to inform them of the update.

I should add that I had none of the reported issued with navigation and as stated it was a perfect installation.

Any ideas please.

Regards,

Doug.

There is no real benefit in reporting the update. Previously it would have only updated the installed sync version so or Ford would know. But as you have already now installed the latest version, and there are no further updates coming, you're not gaining anything.

Don't worry about it or waste any time on it. 

I am still needing an adapter to get Carplay to work even after a succesful update to Sync 3.1.

I was about to buy the needed adapter when I noticed that you can get it with a single USB hub or double. However my wifes car has factory navigation with a single USB slot and a card slot for the navigation files.

Can anyone help me with the correct needed part so that I can get Carplay to work but still have the factory Nav.

Thanks again,

Doug.

Edited by Doorpro

3 hours ago, Doorpro said:

I am still needing an adapter to get Carplay to work even after a succesful update to Sync 3.1.

I was about to buy the needed adapter when I noticed that you can get it with a single USB hub or double. However my wifes car has factory navigation with a single USB slot and a card slot for the navigation files.

Can anyone help me with the correct needed part so that I can get Carplay to work but still have the factory Nav.

Thanks again,

Doug.

SYNC2 software revision 3.10 doesn't mean you have SYNC 3. You still have SYNC with MyFord Touch (SYNC 2) and doesn't mean that CarPlay will now work.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Doorpro said:

Thanks for the info dabangsta. Do I have any options to get Carplay to work and keep the wife happy?

Do a search for converting to SYNC 3

It requires new hardware and is fairly pricy.

You could also look on Critchfield for 3rd party systems.

2 hours ago, Doorpro said:

Thanks for the info dabangsta. Do I have any options to get Carplay to work and keep the wife happy?

I purchased a kit from this outfit a couple of years ago - https://www.4dtech.com/

The kit was pricy (I felt) but it helped me accomplish the goal of having real sync 3.  This is a complete hardware kit including apim and usb hub.  

Thanks for all the info but even though the car is a 2015 it has no miles and being that i know my wife she is also planning for a new model next year so spending to upgrade a perfect Sync 2 with OEM navigation is crazy so I'll just wait until she wants the new car which is bound to have Carplay.

What I was hoping was that a simple dongle like thie one below would work to plug in and add Carplay simply and cheaply.

Amazon.com: Wired Carplay Dongle with USB Port for Android Dongle for Android Cars, Supports Voice Control, GPS, Online Music, Etc. : Electronics

Edited by Doorpro
Spelling

I am not certain about the technical details - but my understanding of your situation (having been there myself) is that the head unit needs to have support for apple car play or android auto as the case may be.  Sync 2 head units lack this - so a wireless dongle won't help.  Your head unit is the limiting factor.

For several generations of vehicle I also had OE nav installed, but became disenchanted with it - especially once android auto and car play came on the scene.  OE nav maps are eternally outdated and WAY overpriced.  The routing on those head units is always inferior - I am pretty sure due to the older data set and probably the routing engine itself.  I eventually realized that I was using google maps for all my nav needs - and even this is not perfect.  OE nav ended up being what I would use as my emergency fallback solution when my phone died - or was unavailable.

In my current 19 - I gave the OE nav up - and have not regretted it for a second.  My sync 3 head unit supports android auto and car play - so I have nav that way - continuously updated.  I am content with the notion that I am also paying for that by sacrificing some data privacy - just like people do on facebook - instagram - etc.  What I get out of that seems to me a fair trade - based on what I know of the exchange presently.

@Tourguide you are so right and I found an after market USB hub with the carplay chip in it for $60 that would work great but without Factory nav. However If I try to sell that to my wife I feel that my 34 marraige would end tomorrow. LOL. Nice to know for future reference. 

I should let her drive my Tundra which is fully loaded with carplay and Factory Nav and see if she'll go for it after using it for a while.

Or I'll just wait until next September/October when the 2025 models start to drop and I know that she will want something then.

Thanks again though.

Doug.

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2018 at 7:07 PM, Liptoss said:

In the past I've been successful in downloading and installing the update for 3.07 and 3.08 for my non-nav Sync software. I am a Tech Support for primarily Macintosh platform, so I understand the difference with Fat32 formatting as opposed to Extended Macintosh etc.

Even though the instructions at the Ford website don't indicate this, you have to delete the Zip file folder leaving just the unzipped files. I got the same error messaged you listed 3 times before I Googled the error message and found a thread that explained to delete the zip file folder for it to work. Once I did that it worked. 

• 1004ron changed the title to Official SYNC2 v3.10 update now available at Ford website!