First Test: Edge ST

GT500R

Whats a word worse then disappointing?

0-60 no better then a sport 3 years ago?!

Glad I did not wait for this to come out. Thoughts?

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/edge/2019/2019-ford-edge-st-first-test-review/

On the paper, those MT numbers look disappointing, but having the vehicle, I can say it feels no slower than my 2015 Sport and is overall a better vehicle. I'm glad I waited for the ST rather than get a leftover 2018 Sport.

I'm stunned you found one on the lot. NONE of the dealers around here have a single one in inventory yet, just ordered/transit for several weeks now.

If you don't mind traveling, you can find many dealers in a 250 mile radius that have ST models in various colors and options on lots now … with likely a better deal than your local dealer.

Edited by mwilson6192

If you don't mind traveling, you can find many dealers in a 250 mile radius that have ST models in various colors and options on lots now … with likely a better deal than your local dealer.

They're a few on the lot in the New York area. I picked mines up two weeks ago at Tower Ford in Great Neck, N.Y..

Edited by blitz118

Ohio must be having theirs delivered by mule ;) As for price, I'm not concerned, we get Z plan pricing so that's set, just a matter of negotiating the trade in value of our existing vehicle. Would be nice to see one in person, keep being told by the end of the month at every dealer within 50 miles.

Ohio must be having theirs delivered by mule ;) As for price, I'm not concerned, we get Z plan pricing so that's set, just a matter of negotiating the trade in value of our existing vehicle. Would be nice to see one in person, keep being told by the end of the month at every dealer within 50 miles.

Something to hold you over until the end of the month. :)

post-10538-0-59900400-1541194419_thumb.jpg

post-10538-0-72205300-1541194455_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It definitely looks good in pics. Any chance you can post a close up of the black rims on yours? Also, anything that took you by surprise (good or bad) about the vehicle? We are considering an ST, the Nautilus and a Caddy XT5.

I'll break it down to good and bad for you, and I'm biased toward the ST. My previous cars were 2011, 2013 and 2015 Edge Sports. My ST has 401A package, cold weather package, white platinum paint , and 21-inch premium gloss black wheels.
Good:
Ride Quality
Handling
Power
Steering feel
Seats
Technology
SYNC 3
B&O stereo
Build quality
Looks
Bad:
Piped in exhaust sound

post-10538-0-46265600-1541262154_thumb.jpg

post-10538-0-03692500-1541262179_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

excellent, thank you. Makes me more excited to check it out. Like the looks of those rims and they appear to be designed so they aren't a giant PITA to keep clean. (Not that the factory ones look like they would be either). Might have to invest in a Forscan to shut that piped in engine noise off if we get one. We'd be coming from a 2011 Sport AWD so I'm hoping for improvements across the board. Thanks again!

excellent, thank you. Makes me more excited to check it out. Like the looks of those rims and they appear to be designed so they aren't a giant PITA to keep clean. (Not that the factory ones look like they would be either). Might have to invest in a Forscan to shut that piped in engine noise off if we get one. We'd be coming from a 2011 Sport AWD so I'm hoping for improvements across the board. Thanks again!

I turn the B&O up to drown out the fake exhaust. It's OK in drive, but when you put it in sport mode it sounds bad. The ST is big step up from the 2011 Sport, and if you decide to get one you'll enjoy it.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2018 at 12:33 PM, Chipster said:

Can someone critically compare the B & O system to the 12 speaker Sony system? Please go into some detail. You know... "Play that funky music white boy!"

Without having heard the B&O I can tell you there is a huge difference. The Sony system was 390 Watts and used some really bad digital amp. Even the Sony Platinum system used in the explorer was only 500 watts. The B&O is 800 Watts and uses a better amp. The sound system has always been my biggest gripe with my edge. My $26K Dodge Caliber had a better sound system by far and was a big let down every time i crank my favorite songs in my edge. 

Edited by Fingernip

1 hour ago, Fingernip said:

Without having heard the B&O I can tell you there is a huge difference. The Sony system was 390 Watts and used some really bad digital amp. Even the Sony Platinum system used in the explorer was only 500 watts. The B&O is 800 Watts and uses a better amp. The sound system has always been my biggest gripe with my edge. My $26K Dodge Caliber had a better sound system by far and was a big let down every time i crank my favorite songs in my edge. 

There are no comparisons between the Sony and the B&O. The B&O stereo sounds better than, the Sony I had in the 2015 Sport.

1 hour ago, robertlane said:

Ford has been working to address some software issues.  The car that the mags. tested was a pre-production, however it should have been 100% ready to display its performance attributes.

What are the software issues they'e addressing? I haven't noticed anything that sticks out to me so far.

1 minute ago, blitz118 said:

There are no comparisons between the Sony and the B&O. The B&O stereo sounds better than, the Sony I had in the 2015 Sport.

Can you comment on clarity and range? Do the speakers bottom out at high volume and does it need tweaking to balance out treble and mids from the factory defaults? I definetly have high hopes for the B&O system.