Ford Edge Forum
enigma-2

I really HATE this new format

I give up. This new format is just  wasting too much time trying to use (mobile version, have not tried the full version). 

Too much fluff, showing posters history after each entry, stuffed with ads (dont mind, but takes up to much real estate), too mant screens to find new content where old forum was one click.

I've decided to not participatr any longer. Thanks for the opportunity to participate and learn for the last 4 or 5 years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

C'mon man, don't give up!  Take a couple of days off, but come back!

• Like 2

The only issue I'm having with the mobile version on my ipad is it won't remember my filter selections under Unread Content.  You should be able to create a custom activity stream and save it and bookmark it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I give up. This new format is just  wasting too much time trying to use (mobile version, have not tried the full version). 

Too much fluff, showing posters history after each entry, stuffed with ads (dont mind, but takes up to much real estate), too mant screens to find new content where old forum was one click.

I've decided to not participatr any longer. Thanks for the opportunity to participate and learn for the last 4 or 5 years.

New formats can indeed be frustrating and trust me, you are not alone - it's a battle for us too.

We've turned off as many unneeded mobile features as possible, although we might have missed some.  More unwanted data on mobile devices was muted, which makes it easier to load pages and navigate.

If you're having problems, post it up here as you have or PM us and we'll attempt to address issues.

• Like 1

I can get used the new format.  Things change.  But where is the 'New Posts" option?  Is that what 'Unread Content' is?  Also, where is the option to view threads in which I have posted?

• Like 2

activity streams -> my activity streams -> content i posted in

should get you there, chef.

I use to enjoy this forum, now I can’t stand this new format. 

Pits been fun but I won’t be coming back

• Sad 1

what was the reason for the upgrade?

just revert back to old if people are happy with the previous version

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chefduane said:

I can get used the new format.  Things change.  But where is the 'New Posts" option?  Is that what 'Unread Content' is?  Also, where is the option to view threads in which I have posted?

That's what I'm taking it as. "All the content that hasn't been read since the last time you were here". Or at least something like that.

It might take me a bit to get used to this format,but then again, I having a hard time wrapping my head around drag racing an Edge.

I'm with enigma-2 and TRMN8TR... the new format is a royal pain.  I may still check in once-in-a-while but it's too much of a bother to be here daily as I have been.  Having been in IT for more years than I care to admit, I've found that an "upgrade" just for the sake of having something new without offering an improvement in the user experience is actually a downgrade.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, t0lkman said:

what was the reason for the upgrade?

just revert back to old if people are happy with the previous version

The other version dated back to 2005 - 13 years ago. They don't even make it any longer.

8 minutes ago, TheWizard said:

I'm with enigma-2 and TRMN8TR... the new format is a royal pain.  I may still check in once-in-a-while but it's too much of a bother to be here daily as I have been.  Having been in IT for more years than I care to admit, I've found that an "upgrade" just for the sake of having something new without offering an improvement in the user experience is actually a downgrade.

This software dated back to the 2000s and the last one that we were running was from 2005.  Platforms and architectures change to the point where you cannot build upon them any longer - that's the way it works.  We were virtually one of the last remaining big sites running something to antiquated.

• Like 1

The site can be tailored to do virtually anything that you wish it to do content wise.

There's an "All New Content" link, an "Unread Content" link and a drop down for your own content.

Aside from that, as we've posted, you can CREATE YOUR OWN streams in any way that you wish - just click here to learn about it.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 8.33.29 AM.png

• Like 1

We've added a "My Content" link - clicking on that will pull up everything "you." 

From there you can adjust it to whatever you like - super easy.

You can also adjust views from condensed to expanded. 

If you wish to create your own streams, here's how to do that to.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 8.47.57 AM.png

• Like 1

I wasn't a fan when it showed up on the Fusion forum but now that I've used it there, here and at blueovalforums I've gotten used to it and it works fine.  You do have to spend a bit of time customizing the activity stream if you only want to see specific content but it seems to be working fine.  My only issue is the default unread content page won't remember my time frame selection here but it does at blueovalforums.   Just spend a little time with it and it's not nearly as bad as some of you think.  People just hate change and hate having to learn something new.

• Like 1

In the unread view, can't the extra lines be removed? I mean the lines showing that XXX replied to xxx's topic in.... etc. 

Also, to applying the filter to go directly to first unread post does not save. Have to create a new stream just to apply the filter. 

ScrollScreenshot_20181109-174855.jpg

• Like 1

I don't see a way to get rid of it.

Get a tablet or a bigger phone!  😉

• Like 1

Found something useful, after saving a new stream and going to it, there are 3 little icons next to the stream title, edit, delete & a grey check. Tapping on the grey check will turn it green, then the button on top next to the search icon that usually takes you to the default unread view will start to take you to the custom stream view.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, omar302 said:

In the unread view, can't the extra lines be removed? I mean the lines showing that XXX replied to xxx's topic in.... etc. 

Also, to applying the filter to go directly to first unread post does not save. Have to create a new stream just to apply the filter. 

ScrollScreenshot_20181109-174855.jpg

I'd have to check into that - it's not something the software allows natively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1