PTU Fluid Change at dealer

jasoneg

Sadly sometimes it IS the mechanic and not the shop.  How the shop responds when they DO know is a testimonial to their character or lack thereof.  Glad you caught the perpetrator in the act tho, Jason, and that you stood up for yourself.  Most of us are now too meek and taught to be too per-lite for confrontation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jmr061 said:

Ford identifies 75w-140 as rear axle fluid.  I wouldn't get excited about that.

47 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

nope 80w90 is for the rdu, 75w140 for the ptu officially.  has not changed since inception.

https://www.mactgarage.com/gen-2-ford-edge-capacities-and-spec

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KsuV6pzRRNZtRt2bQmdqmXeiJ79yp5oU

OK, I meant 80W90 for the RDU, not 75W140 as @jmr061 and the invoice/receipt states.

• Like 1

Get in touch with Ford direct and find out who the Zone Manager is for the area where you live.  Make a formal complaint with the Zone Manager office.  I've said this before but dealerships DO NOT like getting customer complaints that come through the local Zone Manager.  Ford corporate does not take this type of thing lightly.

• Like 1

Wow thats sad. Employees are just people, and people screw up, I know however for some reason I have tended to trust a Ford service employee more than say a Firestone or Goodyear shop.  Of course there’s no reason to but I did. The thing I don’t understand this is the “why”.  He’s getting paid anyway, so why not do it? Is he trying to get 3 paying jobs done at once? Is the service manager getting some kind of kickback on jobs?  It’s all so unfortunate.  Moral of the story - ask to watch.

Second story - when you ask for the old parts (for proof), remember that an unscrupulous person can bring out the dirty (air filter) and show you, when it’s not even yours... sad

• Like 1