Ford Edge Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ccutaia1

New Edge with 20" wheels, ride sucks HELP

Hi, I just purchased a 2018 Edge Titanium with the 20" wheels and the ride sucks. Question, has anyone replaced the Hankook tires that came with them with Micheline tires to improve the ride? Next question is anyone interested in buying or trading for my 20"s with 18" rims with Micheline tires????  

Welcome and congrats!  Yes, many complaints re the OEM Hankooks.  When I drove a rental with them on there, I felt they were decent, but really should not be pushed.  I.E., don't get throttle happy with the car :)

don't forget to check the tire pressure.

1 hour ago, ottoman500 said:

don't forget to check the tire pressure.

Dropped down to 30 PSI, still rides like a buckboard.

I was interested also to replace with 18" but ended up driving on 20" for last 2 years....

and still think to replace with 18"

I also have a 2018 Titanium with 20 inch tires, but it came with Pirelli Scorpions. I have been very pleased with the ride, even with them inflated to 38psi to minimize rolling resistance. 6k miles, mostly highway. No complaints. 

My 2016 Ford Edge Titanium was shod with Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires from the factory.  The 20 inch tires rode rougher than a cob.  Changed to Cooper CS5 Ultras on each corner and the ride smoothed out considerably.  Much better ride, handling, and quiet.

• Like 1

so you have changed all 4 tires of Pirelli Scorpion Verde to Cooper CS5 Ultras and the ride really improved? Only tires right? same wheels left i mean

I just swapped my 20's with 18's, rides like a dream, quiet, and still handles nice. The only thing I am not sure about is do I need to have the dealer change the CPU to reflect the change in tire/rim size? The '20s seemed to be about an inch taller.