Downpipes (2016 Edge Sport)

snmjim

As for the intake & exhaust system developments to date...

For a quick drive by sound clip 

at WOT & cutouts open:

https://youtu.be/639Cx_dxJwo

We've fully developed & provided DIY instructions on the following for the subject vehicle:

-  R&D the CAI

- Corrected the restrictive IC cold side boost tube and selected the fabricator

- ID a bolt in Hi-Perf IC & fabricator

- ID a quality Turbo modification source for maximizing the stock Turbos

- ID a method to maximize the stock exhaust Sys

- ID an adjustable BOV & source

- ID an eco boost specialty Tuner

One thing remains to complete the maximizing of the intake & exhaust system.....wait for it.....:lurk:

DOWNPIPES.....:woot:

We're currently in the process of working with fabricators to develop & fabricate Catless & Hi-Flow Cat downpipes...:clapping:

The Pic is of a new set of stock pipes loaned to us by Ford as templates, hopefully we can return them unscathed or they'll no longer be free...:doh:

Standby for updates.....:stirpot::ford:

Update (11/29/2018):

The National Speed Project Team has reviewed historical HP & torque gains on other 2.7 TT eco boost applications using Cat-less & Hi-Flow Cats and has reached the consensus that value added for HP achieved Cat-less will be the way to go for this project along with a retune.

For heat management, instead of heat wrap NS has been having great success using special ceramic coating, with the added benefit of color choice...:drool:

Our intention of providing a set of Ford OEM pipes to the fabricator is to enable the fabricator to generate specifications and/or templates in order to reproduce these on demand for those of you who may be interested in a set.

Update (01/15/2019)

National Speed has determined that 3" downpipes will not work due to the extreme U-turn the front downpipe must make, therefore we're working with 2.5" pipe of which National Speed stated that with stock Turbo housings this should not have any negative impacts on power gains. It is anticipated that the pipes will be heat treated by end of Jan beginning of Feb. In the mean time SpecialK has been designing the remainder of the exhaust system to meet my stock sound/sleeper requirements but with full power capability. So he came up with this awesomely creative concept design that we've settled on (Ref Pic)...?

Update (03/21/2019)

Project stalled and was transferred to a fabricator in Maryland to facilitate better oversite & consult.

Update (04/09/2019)

Fabrication is halfway done and soon to be reassembled then track & Dyno testing begins.

In support of the community we have the fabricator making templates in support of anyone who would be interested in a set of Catless downpipes or Hi-Flow Cat downpipes, for those that elect to comply with emissions, in a 2.5 size pipe. This way you can easily order the pipes and not have to give your car up for fitment and development time & costs. Therefore, you benefit by getting lower cost and no wait! 

Update (04/25/19)

Fabrication & coating complete!!!

Assy process begins...???

Update (05/04/19)

Assy complete with no codes & surprising results so far on the base line BCB initial Tune.

Tuning refinement has begun...:clapping:

Stay Tuned, more Pics to come...:lurk:

image1.jpeg

20190430_212220.jpg

20190427_144550.jpg

20190427_144703.jpg

20190427_144719.jpg

20190430_212153.jpg

20190430_204453.jpg

20190430_212148.jpg

20190430_204355.jpg

20190427_144541.jpg

20190430_212230.jpg

20190430_212329.jpg

20190430_212339.jpg

20190430_215007.jpg

20190430_215034.jpg

20190430_222946.jpg

20190430_223131.jpg

20190430_223146.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, eddie368 said:

SNMJIM I have tried to get in contact with ramfab27 to order a IC downpipe but no response.Any Ideas? 

Try Rambo at:

ramfab27@gmail.com

Instagram: ram_fab_performance

I think he may even have a couple on the shelf ready to go...;-)

Notes:

- You will not be able to take full advantage of the boost Mod unless you change the IC & have a Tune modified to take full advantage of the additional air...;-)

- If you haven't you will also want to check out our running current MODs Info list: 

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, snmjim said:

As for the intake & exhaust system developments to date...

We've fully developed & provided DIY instructions on the following for the subject vehicle:

-  R&D the CAI

- Corrected the restrictive IC cold side boost tube and selected the fabricator

- ID a bolt in Hi-Perf IC & fabricator

- ID a quality Turbo modification source for maximizing the stock Turbos

- ID a method to maximize the stock exhaust Sys

- ID an adjustable BOV & source

- ID an eco boost specialty Tuner

One thing remains to complete the maximizing of the breathing system.....wait for it.....:lurk:

DOWNPIPES.....:woot:

We're currently in the process of working with our sponsor National Speed to develop & fabricate Catless & Hi-Flow Cat downpipes...:clapping:

The Pic is of a new set of stock pipes loaned to us by Ford as templates, hopefully we can return them unscathed or they'll no longer be free...:doh:

Standby for updates.....:stirpot::ford:

20181101.jpg

The only thing i want you to ensure is that the flange diameter stays true throughout the entire pipe and does not taper! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, eddie368 said:

SMNJIM I have tried to contact ramfab using the info you have given me but I am unable to send a email or make any contact. I get the ramfab photos but nothing about the IC pipe or how to order it.Help!.................Thanks Ed.

Check your PM

On 4/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, therealratfink said:

I am very interested in catted pipes. I can tig cats in, how would I get the pipes? Also, are there going to be O2 bungs etc?

Hang in there, we're 1-2 Wks from completion for design development, fitment, fabrication and install.

The options will be:

- 2.5 downpipes with Hi-Flow Cats

- 2.5 downpipes without Cats

- With o2 bungs

- Ceramic coating heat management in a selection of basic colors

Notes:

- The pipes will come tapered to bolt up to the stock exhaust Sys.

- A special order will be required to have it match up to a complete 2.5 exhaust system.

In a effort to reduce fabrication lead times it would help if we could get some idea of those interested so please chime in here soon...:ford:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Close to the edge said:

Let me ask this because I ran into it in my camaro and my GTP.  When I ran HF Cats, my check engine would trip.  Is there going to be a fix for this?  Back then I would have to run 02 simulators

Considering no one has yet to try any type of modified downpipes on this platform, that we know of, we'll soon find the real answer to that question.

For those who don't know...there are a few ways of dealing with the o2 issue of which we prefer the following in presented order of preference:

- Identifying the best o2 location/placement

- Identifying the best o2 defouler/spacer for your engine make & model that will not throw codes

- Deleting the o2 from the Tune  

• Like 2

AS PROMISED...:drool:

2.5 DOWNPIPES ARE READY TO ORDER!!!

Note: As stated many times before we do no benefit in any way other than the development credits.

Pricing:

Catless 304ss downpipes - $925

Hi-Flo Cat 304ss downpipes - $1125

Option: Add $100 for cerakote (heat management)

Group buys require a partial deposit to lock in group price:

Catless:
5 sets = $850 ea set

10 sets = $775 ea set

Hi-Flo:
5 sets = $1050 ea set
10 sets = $975 ea set

Purchase Info:

Zury Fabrications
Zurymakesit@yahoo.com

Website

http://www.zuryfabrications.com/

(410) 579-1470

Note: You MUST clarify if your fitting to a stock or 2.5 exhaust system!!!

For finished product Pics Ref my initial post, post # one, on page one of this topic string...:hat_tip::ford:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Sweet!  Definitely opt for the Cerakote to a) save your PTU, and b) to improve longevity esp in rust belt states.

Can you get the coating in multiple colors, or "any color as long as it is black"?

Basic colors are available...:thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 10:54 AM, snmjim said:

Hang in there, we're 1-2 Wks from completion for design development, fitment, fabrication and install.

The options will be:

- 2.5 downpipes with Hi-Flow Cats

- 2.5 downpipes without Cats

- With o2 bungs

- Ceramic coating heat management in a selection of basic colors

Notes:

- The pipes will come tapered to bolt up to the stock exhaust Sys.

- A special order will be required to have it match up to a complete 2.5 exhaust system.

In a effort to reduce fabrication lead times it would help if we could get some idea of those interested so please chime in here soon...:ford:

I’ve been out of the loop for a while but very happy to see you have continued your hard work with the mods.  I’d probably be in to buy one but if I’m going to do that, I want to get a 2.5” catback to go with it.  Any suggestions?