Downpipes (2016 Edge Sport)

snmjim

2 hours ago, snmjim said:

- Those are two resonators (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C63YQSU/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_Bas9Cb0YFHJWP) commonly called back in our hot rod days as glass packs, thrush mufflers or cherry bombs. We elected to go with the two resonators to mitigate droning without increasing restriction. However, to maintain the sleeper concept we went with retaining the stock muffler which is steadily blowing out due to the added Turbo pressure and ironically the resulting tone is one we've decided to stay with...:rating:

BIG NOTE: we made it possible to have the entire system reproducible from the down pipes back to the tail pipes without needing the car so they are available to order and shipping to your front door. Your flavors are 2.5" downpipes into the stock exhaust system or 2.5" downpipes with a 2.5" exhaust system to the tail pipe or any variation there of, after all he is a custom fabricator...:2thumbs:

snmjim,

Since the system has an X pipe and separate resonators, why not just use a Magnaflow resonator with built-in X pipe such as the 12468 (18”) or shorter 11386 (14”) ?  Seems like it would have simplified the fabrication.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Donto said:

snmjim,

Since the system has an X pipe and separate resonators, why not just use a Magnaflow resonator with built-in X pipe such as the 12468 (18”) or shorter 11386 (14”) ?  Seems like it would have simplified the fabrication.

We weren't aware of that option at the time of design but it sounds like something we would have considered had we known...:doh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snmjim, thanks for all the info and the video. With that exhaust your car sounds mean and healthy. Loud, but not loud  enough to set off car alarms .  I like it ! :victory: . As usual you have out done yourself .  You have accomplished something that Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow and  Walker have not or will not do and that is to bring the first ever high performance true cat back exhaust system for the G2 Edge Sport to market. Good on ya :hat_tip:. Others have made custom one off cat back systems but this is the first that is just a phone call or click away.  Have you noticed any drone or increase in NVH ? Any seat of the pants performance or milage increase ?  This system has to perform better than stock because after all an engine is just a fancy air pump and moving air is what it's all about. 

As for my leg, It is slow going and I am getting better every day. Thanks for asking. The cast will come off on June 4 this Tuesday :yahoo:. I will still be restricted with little to no weight bearing for awhile.  It won't be long though before I can walk again and get back to the project and  get that buck cast :whistling:.  I am looking forward to that day. Oh! almost forgot could you give the  contact info on how to obtain this system? You may have already done this but one more time please. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Xtra said:

Snmjim, thanks for all the info and the video. With that exhaust your car sounds mean and healthy. Loud, but not loud  enough to set off car alarms .  I like it ! :victory: . As usual you have out done yourself .  You have accomplished something that Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow and  Walker have not or will not do and that is to bring the first ever high performance true cat back exhaust system for the G2 Edge Sport to market. Good on ya :hat_tip:. Others have made custom one off cat back systems but this is the first that is just a phone call or click away.  Have you noticed any drone or increase in NVH ? Any seat of the pants performance or milage increase ?  This system has to perform better than stock because after all an engine is just a fancy air pump and moving air is what it's all about. 

As for my leg, It is slow going and I am getting better every day. Thanks for asking. The cast will come off on June 4 this Tuesday :yahoo:. I will still be restricted with little to no weight bearing for awhile.  It won't be long though before I can walk again and get back to the project and  get that buck cast :whistling:.  I am looking forward to that day. Oh! almost forgot could you give the  contact info on how to obtain this system? You may have already done this but one more time please. 

Good morning Xtra!  I'm going to take the liberty to answer the technical question(s) for you. 

- NVH increase: noise, yes however when cruising at 60mph you hear nothing till you get to a hill. Vibration, nothing over the RMM.  Harshness, i mean with the cutouts open its harsh to ear drums :happyfeet:
- Logs show a significant gain with the cutouts open vs closed and restricted through the stock muffler, not disclosing how much until tune is done.

- Mileage with the cutouts closed is better than open, on highway trips we commonly see over 450mile to a tank with cruise set to 75/80.

- Contact info: @snmjim needs to provide that

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 2

Here you go Xtra:

2.5 DOWNPIPES

Pricing:

Catless 304ss downpipe - $925

Hi-Flo Cat 304ss downpipe - $1125

Option: Add $100 for cerakote (heat management)

Group buys require a partial deposit to lock in group price:

Catless:
5 sets = $850 ea set

10 sets = $775 ea set

Hi-Flo:
5 sets = $1050 ea set
10 sets = $975 ea set

Purchase Info:

Zury Fabrications
Zurymakesit@yahoo.com

Website

http://www.zuryfabrications.com/

(410) 579-1470

Note: Fitting to a stock or 2.5 exhaust system must be clarifed!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The exhaust is bad a$$! Finally something that l sounds good and isn’t subpar quality will be a nice touch for the Edge users. 

Is Zury ready to roll on these units? I called earlier last week IIRC and someone stated that we’re just waiting on Jim to get the tuning put together along with some numbers for performance improvements.

I have a group buy form ready to go, just waiting on the final word. I’ve also offered to help any way with regards to testing.

Currently I have a FMIC and upgraded charge pipe that I’m waiting to install with downpipes. I’ll also be capturing before and after dyno results. My only limitation right now is with my 19 Edge not having support from the SCT tuner - only option is HP tuning and I’d prefer not to shell out money for yet another tuner device. Waiting to hear back from Torrie with any updates on SCT compatibility. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, connoisseurr said:

The exhaust is bad a$$! Finally something that l sounds good and isn’t subpar quality will be a nice touch for the Edge users. 

Is Zury ready to roll on these units? I called earlier last week IIRC and someone stated that we’re just waiting on Jim to get the tuning put together along with some numbers for performance improvements.

I have a group buy form ready to go, just waiting on the final word. I’ve also offered to help any way with regards to testing.

Currently I have a FMIC and upgraded charge pipe that I’m waiting to install with downpipes. I’ll also be capturing before and after dyno results. My only limitation right now is with my 19 Edge not having support from the SCT tuner - only option is HP tuning and I’d prefer not to shell out money for yet another tuner device. Waiting to hear back from Torrie with any updates on SCT compatibility. 

hey bud, with our turbos we saw a 5+lb/min flow increase on the logs with the downpipes with the cutout open/ vs closed and going through the stock suitcase muffler, could only imagine what the stock cats were causing restriction wise.  We are currently maxing out at 54lb/min.  we are trying to talk to a neighbor who has a completely stock edge sport to take a log to compare.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, connoisseurr said:

Bumping for updates with any new progress?

6 hours ago, therealratfink said:

Kinda wondering myself 

What would you guys like to know?  The downpipes and a decent 93 tune put us with the highest MPH the platform has seen in the quarter (109mph) and about .08 sec from the race gas record.  With a solid launch and a few more trans tweaks we will have the record on just 93.  Then E30 and maybe E50 if we can get a fuel pump.  What is slowing down progress is the tuner learning the turbos and we were also rear ended last week and the car is going into the shop soon.

Overall the downpipes really freed up some extra ponies laying around and really helped with under-hood temps.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, connoisseurr said:

All great news to hear and echoing the apologies for minor fender bender. Glad to hear nothing critical was damaged. 

How are you liking the sound from the DPs and exhaust? Did the break-in period open up a nice deeper tone?

We have no regrets with the DPs & exhaust.

The sound is progressively changing to a preferred tone due to the additional pressure from both the catless DPs & modified Turbos slowly blowing out the stock muffler.

It will be interesting to see where we end up Tune wise...lol

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 12:08 AM, connoisseurr said:

That’s awesome. Can’t wait to hear in person. 

BTW, who’s tuning the vehicle and what decide are you using?

BCB

Checkout the Special_K specifics in the Tuning section...???

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:24 PM, Xtra said:

Super nice job on that exhaust image.png.3ddc2ddd81abd0355186d93a101c2961.png as well as some great photos image.png.0f377bb7a93f0a06d6bde5c936d412ea.png.  This is by far the best set up on an Edge that I have ever seen. The design and execution is top shelf. Just a few questions if you don't mind. I might have missed it but what is the diameter of the pipe? And I am wondering if those are two mufflers that I see in line,  if so can I get some more info on them. Like the size, make and model. Thanks.

20190430_212339.jpg.5dd8f8295a458669f702b0eead8cf3bb.jpg

So what is the price of this section and how do we order it? This is the Cat Back section correct?

I assume it will bolt up to the stock Cats section/down-pipes?

I bet this would sound awesome with the MRT Axle Back mufflers.

1 hour ago, DBEDGE23 said:

So what is the price of this section and how do we order it? This is the Cat Back section correct?

I assume it will bolt up to the stock Cats section/down-pipes?

I bet this would sound awesome with the MRT Axle Back mufflers.

Yes that is the Cat back to the muffler section, contact Zury for the cost.

Many of us would probably appreciate a sound clip if you do this with the MRT mufflers.

The contact Info is 13-14 posts back from this one, Zury Fabrications...???

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, snmjim said:

Yes that is the Cat back to the muffler section, contact Zury for the cost.

Many of us would probably appreciate a sound clip if you do this with the MRT mufflers.

The contact Info is 13-14 posts back from this one, Zury Fabrications...???

So this is what I got back from Zury when I asked him about making the cat back section:

Good morning, so we do everything custom to the car. We wouldn’t be able to produce and ship. If you are located close we can definitely do the this section but would need the vehicle. It wouldn’t require getting the downpipes/hiflo cats as well. I’m not too familiar with MRT exhausts, but whatever we make would be able to mate to current setup. If you have any further questions give us a call or text at 4435173810

Those were resonators provided by the customer.

Which sucks because I would love to have this section.

1 hour ago, DBEDGE23 said:

So this is what I got back from Zury when I asked him about making the cat back section:

Good morning, so we do everything custom to the car. We wouldn’t be able to produce and ship. If you are located close we can definitely do the this section but would need the vehicle. It wouldn’t require getting the downpipes/hiflo cats as well. I’m not too familiar with MRT exhausts, but whatever we make would be able to mate to current setup. If you have any further questions give us a call or text at 4435173810

Those were resonators provided by the customer.

Which sucks because I would love to have this section.

Where are you located?

What year & model is your Edge?

If you live a reasonable distance I can help out by providing him with what he needs using my original parts & car if necessary.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snmjim said:

Where are you located?

What year & model is your Edge?

If you live a reasonable distance I can help out by providing him with what he needs using my original parts & car if necessary.

Thanks for that offer.

I live in Tennessee.  2015 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L FWD.

I have attached a picture of my MRT Axle Back exhaust. Since I don't have AWD the pipes are closer together by the rear axle.

MRT-Axle Back.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:39 AM, DBEDGE23 said:

Thanks for that offer.

I live in Tennessee.  2015 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L FWD.

I have attached a picture of my MRT Axle Back exhaust. Since I don't have AWD the pipes are closer together by the rear axle.

MRT-Axle Back.jpg

So snmjim what are your thoughts about getting this created?

Loving this setup, in general.  As another poster suggested, I would prefer to drop those resonators and the x-pipe for an all-in-one Magnaflow 12468. Full TBE with ceramic coated DP section, all 2.5" and T-304 SS.  Not sure you would even need muffler's or just pipes to the ground effects... depending on sound.  I didn't see the thickness they are using? .049 or .065? curious about that and weight. :) What kind of price for this full setup?