Downpipes (2016 Edge Sport)

snmjim

3 hours ago, Xephiron said:

Loving this setup, in general.  As another poster suggested, I would prefer to drop those resonators and the x-pipe for an all-in-one Magnaflow 12468. Full TBE with ceramic coated DP section, all 2.5" and T-304 SS.  Not sure you would even need muffler's or just pipes to the ground effects... depending on sound.  I didn't see the thickness they are using? .049 or .065? curious about that and weight. :) What kind of price for this full setup?  

.065 and idk weight.

You would have to contact Zury Fabrications for pricing...??

Contact Info & DP pricing is in this topic string

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, connoisseurr said:

Wondering how many folks we have on here who would be interested in a Downpipe order group buy? I’m happy to help facilitate. 

Will hear it in person in August. It is tentatively on my Christmas list. Pretty sure the idea will not gain any traction before hand in my house.  If I love it, I'll see if I can turn the screws a bit to expedite it.  

What are the numbers looking like for a group purchase? The price that SinJimm quoted from Zury is the everyday one off price.

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1

For those that expressed concern and/or interest about the minor rear hit we took recently here are some Pics of what we found once the rear body panel was removed...absolutely nothing, GREAT for us but sucks for the Acura...:yahoo::happyfeet::hat_tip:

Should have the car back sometime this Wk then back to wrapping up the 93 Tune and on to the E?? whatever we can achieve Tune...:clapping::lurk::woot:

Yes, we're quite aware that we don't blur out the tag and that's because the few of you who can get to us should be able to get to us, go figure...:ford:

20190722_164950.jpg

20190722_165002.jpg

20190722_165013.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, connoisseurr said:

There is group buy pricing discussed on in either the OP or one of the subsequent posts by snmjim. 

I spoke with Zury on Monday. The price I was quoted is the same as the price snmjim posted. There is no group buy necessary to get that price. Call and they will quote you the same and tell you how much S/H.  I did not ask for S/H as they are relatively close. 

Usually the purpose of a group buy is to fulfill the minimum order necessary for production, and/ or to get a group price.  (The more you buy the lower the price.)  Which is why I asked you what the numbers were looking like on a group buy. 

Edited by onyxbfly

On 4/13/2019 at 11:42 AM, snmjim said:

AS PROMISED...:drool:

2.5 DOWNPIPES ARE READY TO ORDER!!!

Note: As stated many times before we do no benefit in any way other than the development credits.

Pricing:

Catless 304ss downpipe - $925

Hi-Flo Cat 304ss downpipe - $1125

Option: Add $100 for cerakote (heat management)

Group buys require a partial deposit to lock in group price:

Catless:
5 sets = $850 ea set

10 sets = $775 ea set

Hi-Flo:
5 sets = $1050 ea set
10 sets = $975 ea set

Purchase Info:

Zury Fabrications
Zurymakesit@yahoo.com

Website

http://www.zuryfabrications.com/

(410) 579-1470

Note: Fitting to a stock or 2.5 exhaust system must be clarifed!!!

Finished product Pic soon to follow...:hat_tip::ford:

Single unit pricing AND group buy pricing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

I spoke with Zury on Monday. The price I was quoted is the same as the price snmjim posted. There is no group buy necessary to get that price. Call and they will quote you the same and tell you how much S/H.  I did not ask for S/H as they are relatively close. 

Usually the purpose of a group buy is to fulfill the minimum order necessary for production, and/ or to get a group price.  (The more you buy the lower the price.)  Which is why I asked you what the numbers were looking like on a group buy. 

That’s great, but there are multiple people who are interested so why not take advantage of the discounted pricing. I’ve just reposted an earlier post that has single unit pricing AND group buy pricing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, connoisseurr said:

That’s great, but there are multiple people who are interested so why not take advantage of the discounted pricing. I’ve just reposted an earlier post that has single unit pricing AND group buy pricing. 

I stand corrected! Please disregard my previous posts. There is no excuse for not reading back through the thread to get up to speed. Apologies if I came across as belligerent and/ or argumentative. 

I am interested in joining the catless downpipes group buy. I would like mine fitted for 2.5 exhaust.

Apart from the two of us how many else are interested in the group buy?  Can you post a list of potential buyers.  Maybe seeing a list of people who are serious may motivate them. 

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, therealratfink said:

Still waiting on this and gain info....

"Note: Fitting to a stock or 2.5 exhaust system must be clarifed!!"

4 posts before this one will answer what's slowed things down.

However, Special_K has made several data point posts of what we've identified so far and more to come as we progress.

Note: This is a hobby for us, we both have full time careers...:hat_tip:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, therealratfink said:

Still waiting on this and gain info....

"Note: Fitting to a stock or 2.5 exhaust system must be clarifed!!"

Hola!  The real gain is no longer having the cat temp enrichment issue.  But also not having the car there.  You really feel it on the top end.  Pull harder. I have no solid numbers for you bud as we have changed too much at once to provide accurate numbers

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snmjim said:

For those that expressed concern and/or interest about the minor rear hit we took recently here are some Pics of what we found once the rear body panel was removed...absolutely nothing, GREAT for us but sucks for the Acura...:yahoo::happyfeet::hat_tip:

Just hate the thought of your Edge even getting a scratch, but I guess I can live with the "minor" mashup ...

Also gives the opportunity to see what all hides behind the bumper cover/body panels etc on the insurance co's dime :)

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Just hate the thought of your Edge even getting a scratch, but I guess I can live with the "minor" mashup ...

We're one big happy family, we're protective of each others cars!

47 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Also gives the opportunity to see what all hides behind the bumper cover/body panels etc on the insurance co's dime :)

Exploration in the name of science!.....especially on the insurance co's dime!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

On page one of this topic string and about the 22nd entry down by me will provide all the pricing and contact Info necessary.

These are being produced by a custom fabricator (Zury)

If your unable to contact Zury (fabricator) with the Info provided on page one then PM me and I'll reach out to him personally...???

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 11:44 PM, snmjim said:

On page one of this topic string and about the 22nd entry down by me will provide all the pricing and contact Info necessary.

These are being produced by a custom fabricator (Zury)

If your unable to contact Zury (fabricator) with the Info provided on page one then PM me and I'll reach out to him personally...???

I’m late to the party here, but I read the whole thread with interest.  My question is: Will the downpipes alone, tapering into the stock catback, give this platform a significant Hp/torque increase, assuming I’ll have a tune that considers this mod (I have Livernois tune for a pure stock ST).

By significant, I mean say I get + 30 hp at the crank from my current tune and stock downpipes, would you estimate this mod  with a tune for it might get +45 hp?   Ie, the stock downpipes are the weak link here?  I realize a lot depends on Livernois but I’m looking to gauge a ballpark figure as to how “liberating” this downpipe mod is.

7 hours ago, Jombi said:

I’m late to the party here, but I read the whole thread with interest.  My question is: Will the downpipes alone, tapering into the stock catback, give this platform a significant Hp/torque increase, assuming I’ll have a tune that considers this mod (I have Livernois tune for a pure stock ST).

By significant, I mean say I get + 30 hp at the crank from my current tune and stock downpipes, would you estimate this mod  with a tune for it might get +45 hp?   Ie, the stock downpipes are the weak link here?  I realize a lot depends on Livernois but I’m looking to gauge a ballpark figure as to how “liberating” this downpipe mod is.

You're going to need to go with a different tuner as Livernois does not provide support for custom read I.E not off the shelf mods.  Or you can put it on their dyno and they will tune for it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jombi said:

Hey bud, livernois will not adjust the tune to take advantage of the catless downpipes.  You will have to switch tuners to ZFG to get the most, as he is the only one with experience tuning for those on this platform.  On your current tune you may gain a little, but the tune itself is airflow/load based and will begin to open the wastegate to bleed of what ever extra boost you may build.  

over all, yes they will help significantly with the proper tune.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Special_K said:

Hey bud, livernois will not adjust the tune to take advantage of the catless downpipes.  You will have to switch tuners to ZFG to get the...

Would this be true for Hi-Flow cats?  That was my plan, not catless, but that would still be more flow than stock so I may still not get the full advantage with the LMS tune.  They (LMS) had specifically asked me for any Intake or Exhaust mods when I ordered the tune so it seemed then like they would take that extra flow into consideration so I'll clarify that with them.

I was all in for the ~$1100 cost of the pipes, even the major surgery on the front clip, but another $500 or whatever for a new tune is going to put this on hold for a bit.

17 hours ago, Jombi said:

Would this be true for Hi-Flow cats?  That was my plan, not catless, but that would still be more flow than stock so I may still not get the full advantage with the LMS tune.  They (LMS) had specifically asked me for any Intake or Exhaust mods when I ordered the tune so it seemed then like they would take that extra flow into consideration so I'll clarify that with them.

I was all in for the ~$1100 cost of the pipes, even the major surgery on the front clip, but another $500 or whatever for a new tune is going to put this on hold for a bit.

the hiflow cats that Zury is offering flow as well as catless for stock turbo applications, maybe a hair better.  I would honestly be very surprised if livernois stuck by your side on this.  I would call and double check, before continuing.   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jombi said:

BCB or ZFG or possibly Unleashed are your next options.  I'd call and see if hey have any used programmers available etc If not I'd enjoy the downpipes and save for the new tune. It will be a night and day difference. Its like getting the most bang for your buck.

• Like 1

For custom eTuning I'd go with ZFG Racing, hands down!

Out of the 5 Tuners we've been through, which includes all that you've mentioned, ZFG has done an outstanding job working with us to get the platform through some major barriers and to it's record breaking status...???

NOTE: This is one of the most complex ECUs to Tune therefore you must have a well seasoned Edge Sport Tuner who knows the pecularities of this specific platform and can safely push it.

Thank you again ZFG!

• Like 2

UPDATE!!!

On behalf of FEF Members I personally contacted Zury Fabrications with a WTF Dude and here's what he's going to do for 2016-2019 Edge Sport owners but remember FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!

Zury statement:

Sorry, been going through emails to see who actually had serious injuries...a lot of them were asking about exhaust with it. I've also had another issue come up where the vendor we use for cats is no longer producing them. Been trying to source another brand.

Here's what I can do, I can make a couple noncatted sets and put them up for sale.

There just hasn't been enough serious inquires that would be worth the time and money to buy parts and make them. Give me two weeks and we will have a few sets.

SNMJim Note:

I requested he keeps me updated as to his progress with fabricating a catted set or 2 of which I'll Fwd that Info to FEF once it comes available...???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1