OK guys.....when will Ford start shipping???!!!

porciniman

If the plant has been in production since mid September, when is Ford planinng to ship the first units??!!

If I understand correctly....the launch date is the 17th of October!

Will U.S. showrooms have these vehicles available at this time??!!!

Is the strike holding up the launch datge??!!!!!!!!

Should we expect delays???!!

What can you tell us south of the border??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee...could ya see my mouth watering??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any pertinent info.

Your eagerly awating consumer.

Cheers.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December? That sucks. I thought they were to start building them Mid October and shipping in November. So, they've been building them since September?

Everything I've read and heard, except for Robert's post above, has said and still says November.

My start date still says the week of October 30th. I'll be checking in with the ERL (Evil Robot Lady) soon for an update. Until I hear otherwise, I am optimistic that mine will make here by mid-November.

Audiomidiman - I'm believing that you'll get yours a week sooner than me. :yup: Let's think positive thoughts!

BTW - Here's how you can have your very own conversation with ERL:

ERL

Everything I've read and heard, except for Robert's post above, has said and still says November.

You're building the units now.

So, if the launch date is 10/17, what exactly does that mean.

Can you launch a product without having any on the showroom floor??

Renzoto said in an earlier post: (9/15/06))

"WE GOT BOTH UNITS COMING OFF THE LINE. THE ONES WE'RE BUILDING NOW ARE ARE TO FILL UP THE SYSTEM. JOB 1 IS SCHEDULED FOR OCT 17 2006"

Otp

Said on (9/15)

"The plant manager said that as of that day (Sept,11th) body and paint were running the first units through the system that are to be sold to the public. We are now making the Edge's and MKX's that will be sold"

The last that I heard, the "ok to sell" date is Nov. 2nd. I am sure that they will keep a large inventory on the property prior to shipping just in case they have any late issues which need to be contained before they go to the dealers. It looks like it is going to be a top notch quality product.

Last report..(yes i'm trying to find the official report for you all)...stated Job 1 (shipped and sale) is now scheduled for Nov 16 2006.

I know some of you will disagree with this but I'm just stating what information I found and yes I'm trying to find the source.

Last report..(yes i'm trying to find the official report for you all)...stated Job 1 (shipped and sale) is now scheduled for Nov 16 2006.

I know some of you will disagree with this but I'm just stating what information I found and yes I'm trying to find the source.

Thanks Dan.

It looks like the launch has been pushed back another month.

Please keep us posted.

Hopefully your next post will tell us they're shipping sooner rather than later.

VB :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

We just ordered our new 2007 Ford Edge SEL - AWD last Thursday, October 5th. We got the Blazing Copper Metallic with the Camel interior along with the SEL Plus Seating Flexibility Package & Premium Package. The other options are the 18" painted aluminum wheels, DVD navigation system, Panoramic power vista roof, reverse sensing system, rear cargo mgmt system. With the X plan discount we are able to add the DVD navigation system free since the total cost for us will be around $32,000 USD. Our delear indicated that we should be able to get it by Thanskgiving and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Looking forward to having it as soon as possible. :shift: :cheerleader:

Are we still talking mid November before we will be able to buy these new vehicles?.....

or...

as Wyatt said: "The last that I heard, the "ok to sell" date is Nov. 2nd."

Still no ads to be seen!

Is there a chance, that these new Edges will be delayed further???

What say you who know!

Vb

Media launch for the Edge is 16 October. I will update this post as more info. comes in. Like I said in earlier post, Ford will start advertising the Edge in November - so sense in advertising it now when they are not at dealers for customers to see for themselves.

Word in the plant from leadership is that we are currently building all pre-order customer vehicles. We are currently running 2 10hr production shifts in trim/chassis with a 2:1 build ratio.

Sooooooo...that means exactly what????....in terms of when these vehicles will be ready for sale to the public??!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VB

• 2 weeks later...
Audiomidiman this is your week! Have you gotten any update from your salesperson?

I think it was suppose to be built on the 20th through the 24th (Last week). I will be calling today to find out what is going on with it. I have another payment due this week on my explorer so I need to know what to do.

Will keep you posted.

Sorry for the delay in a reply but I have been keeping my mind busy by restoring a Ms. Pac Man... Which keeps me away from the several forums I hang out on.

Bill

I think it was suppose to be built on the 20th through the 24th (Last week). I will be calling today to find out what is going on with it. I have another payment due this week on my explorer so I need to know what to do.

Will keep you posted.

Sorry for the delay in a reply but I have been keeping my mind busy by restoring a Ms. Pac Man... Which keeps me away from the several forums I hang out on.

Bill

I was beginning to think you were abducted by extraterrestrials or something. Here's hoping your Edge is completed and awaiting shipment!

The Ford Rep was at my dealer yesterday and checked on the status of my order while she was there. Everything was right on schedule and my Edge is to be built this week.

We'll be happily driving our Edges in no time!

I was beginning to think you were abducted by extraterrestrials or something. Here's hoping your Edge is completed and awaiting shipment!

The Ford Rep was at my dealer yesterday and checked on the status of my order while she was there. Everything was right on schedule and my Edge is to be built this week.

We'll be happily driving our Edges in no time!

Abducted by Pac Man...

ORDERED DELAYED...

The moved my SEL build date to November 6th!!! :( I'm starting to get very very frustrated. What will suck is if and when it finally arrives if the rates and residuals suck and they want $450 a month for a $27,000 car. Let's just hope that doesn't happen. Because if it does I might be forced to move to the competition.

Bill

Abducted by Pac Man...

ORDERED DELAYED...

The moved my SEL build date to November 6th!!! :( I'm starting to get very very frustrated. What will suck is if and when it finally arrives if the rates and residuals suck and they want $450 a month for a $27,000 car. Let's just hope that doesn't happen. Because if it does I might be forced to move to the competition.

Bill

YIKES! Did they say what happened to cause the delay? It kind of makes me wonder if I am getting the straight scoop or not.

I can empathize with you about not knowing the lease rates yet. I do know that the residual has been set at 51%. So, that's favorable news. I'm trying to cut my car payment down

YIKES! Did they say what happened to cause the delay? It kind of makes me wonder if I am getting the straight scoop or not.

I can empathize with you about not knowing the lease rates yet. I do know that the residual has been set at 51%. So, that's favorable news. I'm trying to cut my car payment down

Can you help me by explaining why 51% is good? For a $27,000 Car @ 51% residual and a GOOD RATE. What would the payment be? With or without rebate incentives? I just hope they give me "LOYALTY" cash.

Bill

Can you help me by explaining why 51% is good? For a $27,000 Car @ 51% residual and a GOOD RATE. What would the payment be? With or without rebate incentives? I just hope they give me "LOYALTY" cash.

Bill

The Edge's 3 year residual value has been set at 51%, meaning after 3 years, the Edge is anticipated to retain 51% of its original value. When you finance a vehicle, you are paying for the entire vehicle and building equity at the same time, so when you are finished paying it off you own the vehicle in return. When you lease a vehicle, you're paying essentially only for the depreciation but you never build any equity unless you decide to purchase it at the end of the lease term. So if the residual is 51%, that means the depreciation is 49%. The lower the amount of depreciation (higher residual), the lower your payments will be with all other things being equal. When a vehicle's depreciation is high (residual value is low), your lease payments will be higher. There is a way around that where the manufacturer can subvent (subsidize) the lease. In this case, the manufacturer artificially increases the residual value of the car for the purposes of the lease in an attempt to make the lease affordable. Of course, the manufacturer basically eats it at the end because they have essentially paid extra to get you to lease the car, but when the car is returned after the lease is up, they cannot sell it for the artificially increased price. So when the residual value is relatively high, it is a Win-Win situation for the person leasing and for the manufacturer. You get a lease at a good monthly payment, and the manufacturer doesn't have to spend extra money to give you a good deal on the lease.