OK guys.....when will Ford start shipping???!!!

porciniman

The Edge's 3 year residual value has been set at 51%, meaning after 3 years, the Edge is anticipated to retain 51% of its original value. When you finance a vehicle, you are paying for the entire vehicle and building equity at the same time, so when you are finished paying it off you own the vehicle in return. When you lease a vehicle, you're paying essentially only for the depreciation but you never build any equity unless you decide to purchase it at the end of the lease term. So if the residual is 51%, that means the depreciation is 49%. The lower the amount of depreciation (higher residual), the lower your payments will be with all other things being equal. When a vehicle's depreciation is high (residual value is low), your lease payments will be higher. There is a way around that where the manufacturer can subvent (subsidize) the lease. In this case, the manufacturer artificially increases the residual value of the car for the purposes of the lease in an attempt to make the lease affordable. Of course, the manufacturer basically eats it at the end because they have essentially paid extra to get you to lease the car, but when the car is returned after the lease is up, they cannot sell it for the artificially increased price. So when the residual value is relatively high, it is a Win-Win situation for the person leasing and for the manufacturer. You get a lease at a good monthly payment, and the manufacturer doesn't have to spend extra money to give you a good deal on the lease.

Thanks for answering this question for audiomidiman. I'm not exactly an expert on leasing, so I appreciated the help explaining it. Now, if we could only find out what the money factor is going to be...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abducted by Pac Man...

ORDERED DELAYED...

The moved my SEL build date to November 6th!!! :( I'm starting to get very very frustrated. What will suck is if and when it finally arrives if the rates and residuals suck and they want $450 a month for a $27,000 car. Let's just hope that doesn't happen. Because if it does I might be forced to move to the competition.

Bill

You get the rate that was posted when you made the deal...it cannot go up...it can go down tho...so you must know what the payments are.

"They moved my SEL build date to November 6th!!! I'm starting to get very very frustrated. What will suck is if and when it finally arrives if the rates and residuals suck and they want $450 a month for a $27,000 car. Let's just hope that doesn't happen. Because if it does I might be forced to move to the competition."

Bill

My sales rep is telling me, my order has been pushed back to the 13th.

Last week, it was scheduled to tbe built earlier!

It's not a fully loaded Edge!!!!

Each time I speak with him, he either can't find my vehicle, or....it's lost in his computer!!!

This is BS!!!

The more I press for info, the more defensive he becomes!!!!

Altough he calls me with uodates...his messages are non info messages!!!!!

He tells me his Ford rep can't give him any more info about my order!!!

WTF??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford's communication is either piss poor, or, the sales people only want to sell you their most expensive vehicles!!!!!!

We have a 2007 new vwhicle show in Boston!!

You "STILL" can't approach the vehicle, as it spins on a pedestal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far.... FORD....your marketing SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your issue has to do less with marketing and more with production.

Consumers and journalists will be scrutinizing the Edge very critically. With that being said, Ford cannot afford any mistakes and the Edge has to launch without consumers experiencing any problems. I can understand how and why Ford would push back production dates of an entire new model launch in order to get it "right."

Ford has said the Edge will arrive at dealers in Decemeber and they have also said they are target to accomplish such.

Abducted by Pac Man...

ORDERED DELAYED...

The moved my SEL build date to November 6th!!! :( I'm starting to get very very frustrated. What will suck is if and when it finally arrives if the rates and residuals suck and they want $450 a month for a $27,000 car. Let's just hope that doesn't happen. Because if it does I might be forced to move to the competition.

Bill

So with all of the waiting and uncertainty of arrival, I test drove a loaded Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring (minus tech package) over the weekend for comparison's sake. I can drive it away for $27k with 36 mth lease payment of $390/mth and $1,749 up front.

I've heard that Ford will offer attractive leases, but just like you (audiomidman), I'm wondering how attractive they're going to be...

Hey guys, I wish I would have seen this site before. Well I'm pissed off! My dealer just called and said that the edge I ordered won't be here until another couple of weeks. I just sold my only vechile last week, as they told me that the vechile was in transit and would be there shortly. What do you think I should do?

Just talked to my dealership and it appears that my SEL is still scheduled to be built this week and the the vehicle has a CODE that says "WE HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO BUILD YOUR CAR" (Can't remember). They are saying, Week of the 20th delivery but she said that she doesn't know if I'll see it that week..> But, it would be nice...

They also have a SE on order that is almost the same as mine that is to be built the week of the 13th and they say they have all the parts for that one as well... So, if the lease is too high on the SEL I'm first in line to take the SE.

Bill

Hey guys, I wish I would have seen this site before. Well I'm pissed off! My dealer just called and said that the edge I ordered won't be here until another couple of weeks. I just sold my only vechile last week, as they told me that the vechile was in transit and would be there shortly. What do you think I should do?

Yep! I'm in your boat.. I have been driving a RENTAL for the last month while Ford keeps jerking me around. Not once have I gotten a straight answer or clear information about the ordering, building, or delivery of my car. I ordered my Edge Sept. 3rd. I was just told that I can take one of the dealer ordered cars instead of what I ordered because my car will not be built until JANUARY now because I ordered the Vista roof... ummmm but the one coming from the dealer stock (when it actually arrives) has a Vista roof. So does that mean that dealer ordered cars were built before customer orders or that my dealer never actually ordered my car or that Ford is really having a hard time with this. I grew up in a Ford family so it is very disheartening to be treated this way as I try to purchase my first Ford. And, it makes me wonder, what will it be like when I actually have the car? Heaven forbid something breaks and I ever need service! What avenues do I have other than go to a competitor at this point? I have decided to give it this week and the next (only because I will be out-of-town) after that, to Mazda or Acura I go. I read this forum every other day and I have not found one satisfied person yet. I don't know what to do either. I really tried to have faith in this car and Ford... I guess the losses they have been posting are for a reason. Sorry for the soapbox...

Just talked to my dealership and it appears that my SEL is still scheduled to be built this week and the the vehicle has a CODE that says "WE HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO BUILD YOUR CAR" (Can't remember). They are saying, Week of the 20th delivery but she said that she doesn't know if I'll see it that week..> But, it would be nice...

They also have a SE on order that is almost the same as mine that is to be built the week of the 13th and they say they have all the parts for that one as well... So, if the lease is too high on the SEL I'm first in line to take the SE.

Bill

Are you saying that you ordered a car and you don't even know how much it will cost???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are you saying that you ordered a car and you don't even know how much it will cost???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, I've done this a few times. I know the price of the car but we don't know what the rates and residuals will be so in return we don't know what the lease payment will be. It should be less than what I'm paying now so that's all that matters.

Bill

Yes, I've done this a few times. I know the price of the car but we don't know what the rates and residuals will be so in return we don't know what the lease payment will be. It should be less than what I'm paying now so that's all that matters.

Bill

When you buy a new car the contract has the final selling price AND the applicable interest rate....the residuals are also set.

Good Luck

Here you go boys and girls

I don't have a scanner so I'm just going to give alittle bit of the sheet!

This for a my vechile that 41,584.00 cdn

Lease for 25,000km's/year

Months 24

Rate 2.9

Residual% 64

Residual 26,613.76

Months 27

Rate Not Avaliable

Residual%

Residual

Months 30

Rate 3.9

Residual% 59

Residual 24,534.56

Months 36

Rate 3.9

Residual% 54

Residual 22,455.36

Months 48

Rate 4.9

Residual% 46

Residual 19,128.64

ford_fiancing.rtf

I hope this helps! Sorry, for the wait

Here you go boys and girls

I don't have a scanner so I'm just going to give alittle bit of the sheet!

This for a my vechile that 41,584.00 cdn

Lease for 25,000km's/year

Months 24

Rate 2.9

Residual% 64

Residual 26,613.76

Months 27

Rate Not Avaliable

Residual%

Residual

Months 30

Rate 3.9

Residual% 59

Residual 24,534.56

Months 36

Rate 3.9

Residual% 54

Residual 22,455.36

Months 48

Rate 4.9

Residual% 46

Residual 19,128.64

ford_fiancing.rtf

I hope this helps! Sorry, for the wait

Too bad it's for canadian currency.

Thanks though.

Bill

I've seen two different MKX commercials probably half dozen times. I remember one I think they were surfing. The other I caught the tail end and just once. It looked like they went to a farmers market. Had veggies and some fish in the back seat. It smelled funny so they opened the Vista roof...

BTW, I have cable. Mostly watch Discovery and History Channel...