OK guys.....when will Ford start shipping???!!!

porciniman

Just curious, where are these holding points in Western Canada! My dealer today told me that all the holding points are around Oakville, ON.....is this true? He also said it would be about a 10 to 14 day train ride to the West before I even get to see it :angry:

Holding point is in Milton, which is the town just north of Oakville.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding point is in Milton, which is the town just north of Oakville.

Nothing news since supposed shipping of last thursday 7 th december.

Peoples say if the truck load Edge is running to Montreal Qc ??

No one car in quebec now.

If my new EDGE is not arrived this week, i cancell my order and i'll buy another brand car.

I'm very disapointed.

Quite honestly, I'm getting a little itchy myself. Technically, mine isn't on order yet. With the delays, my dealer was forced to wait a month to submit their order.

What's getting to me is reading some of the reviews. Braking isn't that good. Between that and it's heft, the mileage isn't as good as I would like. I've also heard some people stating they felt cramped in the back seat. That concerns me. What's weird is that on paper, it's within an inch in legroom out back of the 500/Montego, which is praised for rear seat room.

So for me, I'm just waiting for my dealer to call me when their first two come in. I'll test drive. If I don't like the braking and rear seat room, I'll be looking for a FWD Montego. After test driving one of those of course...

So for me, I'm just waiting for my dealer to call me when their first two come in. I'll test drive. If I don't like the braking and rear seat room, I'll be looking for a FWD Montego. After test driving one of those of course...

They're arriving on the dealer's lots - the Ford dealer in Gwelf, Ontario has two. We walked right up to it, and spent a few minutes checking it out. Unfortunately the dealer was just closing, and the vehicle was locked, but we did manage to acquire a brochure.

They're arriving on the dealer's lots - the Ford dealer in Gwelf, Ontario has two. We walked right up to it, and spent a few minutes checking it out. Unfortunately the dealer was just closing, and the vehicle was locked, but we did manage to acquire a brochure.

Where is this Gwelf you speak of? And how does the brochure look?

Where is this Gwelf you speak of? And how does the brochure look?

The brochure is fairly meaty - lots of big pics, many needing two pages. Interesting that every exterior shot shows an Edge with a BAMR. One very major disappointment - for a vehicle that needs to be seen as competing with Hyundai and Mitsu, the warranty is only 3yrs / 60k.

I just heard from my Ford dealer. They are shipping December builds but those of us with November builds have to wait until vehicles can be gone over and re-checked. Supposed delivery late December, early January but no selling date from Ford yet. Has anyone seen or heard any reports of actual physical delivery to a customer???? I am so choked right now. For a company losing 10Million a day this explains a lot. No customer service with loaners or deals with the rental companies they supply.

I just heard from my Ford dealer. They are shipping December builds but those of us with November builds have to wait until vehicles can be gone over and re-checked. Supposed delivery late December, early January but no selling date from Ford yet. Has anyone seen or heard any reports of actual physical delivery to a customer???? I am so choked right now. For a company losing 10Million a day this explains a lot. No customer service with loaners or deals with the rental companies they supply.

Hi,

I had commanded my new Edge since september and Ford gave me a serial number.

Yesterday i have called customer service at Oakville plant and they told me " your car will be delivered this friday 15th on my local dealer in Québec.

It's real ?? not sure at 100%

I dont know if FORD say where is my car !!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably in the vapsssssssssssss.

i dont say if any customers are received the new Edge now.

You are first ?

Bonjour,

J'ai passé ma commande pour le EDGE en août dernier.

Le véhicule est supposément dans une cour d'entreposage prêt à être livrer.

À Détroit une représentante de Ford m'a dit mardi dernier que c'était une question de quelques jours puisque mon véhicule était relâché de l'usine et confié à une compagnie de transport devant livrer mon véh. directement chez mon concessionnaire.

Ça fait 3x qu'on me donne une date de livraison et aucune de ces dates n'a été respecté.

27 novembre, 5 décembre et le 15 décembre.

Y a-t-il quelqu'un qui sait quelque chose ?

J'espère juste recevoir mon EDGE comme cadeau pour Noël !

Bonjour,

À Détroit une représentante de Ford m'a dit mardi dernier que c'était une question de quelques jours puisque mon véhicule était relâché de l'usine et confié à une compagnie de transport devant livrer mon véh. directement chez mon concessionnaire.

Ça fait 3x qu'on me donne une date de livraison et aucune de ces dates n'a été respecté.

Damn - I only took on semester of French about 10 years ago.

Bonjour,

Damn French Canadians... :) J/K... I'm French Canadian myself. However, only a very very small %.

Bonjour,

J'ai été informé sur Des dates de livraison 3 fois. Non un d'entre elles s'est produit.

C'est pourquoi j'ai acheté un explorateur.

He was saying that his delivery date has been changed 3 times already and still no EDGE.

I told him I had the same experience, that's why I bought an explorer.

Bummer. I guess I haven't been disappointed because I have no expectations of delivery date, and haven't been promised anything by my dealer. He's been up front and told me there are issues with delivery dates. That and I don't have a lease or anything that can't make me wait.

Bummer. I guess I haven't been disappointed because I have no expectations of delivery date, and haven't been promised anything by my dealer. He's been up front and told me there are issues with delivery dates. That and I don't have a lease or anything that can't make me wait.

HI,

All dealers in quebec had received a email yesterday advise them for not call FORD for retrace a EDGE.

I have commanded my EDGE in august and i have a serial number since 2.5 months but no EDGE.

Where is my EDGE ?

No one say that !

Could you tell me where is it ?

HI,

All dealers in quebec had received a email yesterday advise them for not call FORD for retrace a EDGE.

I have commanded my EDGE in august and i have a serial number since 2.5 months but no EDGE.

Where is my EDGE ?

No one say that !

Could you tell me where is it ?

Your Edge is on hold!

The first built Edges are being repaired because of bad parts!

You will see your Edge in January!

Votre bord EST sur la prise ! Les premiers bords établis sont réparés en raison de mauvaises pièces ! Vous verrez votre bord en janvier !