Ford Edge Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mr_jason

Forscan to enable tow lights

Anyone use forscan to enable the oem 4-pin trail lights? Or do you have forscan and can see if the tow module shows enable/disable like it does on the f150?  I have 2016 edge sport which does not have the oem tow package but I added a hitch and an oem 4-pin.  I did find the wiring harness actually has a spot to plug in the 4-pin wire and the tow fuse exists.  I'm guessing the toe module/feature is turned off. Does the tow module show in forscan?

I looked into this, but found out that the trailer light module is not there. According to the service manual, the trailer light module is located in the passenger rear quarter panel, above the cargo area light. I looked, all the wiring is there, but not the module. I didn't look into getting one, I had already wired in my own trailer light wiring to the factory plug location so wasn't too concerned about it.

But since the rest of it is there, if you plug in the module I don't see why it wouldn't work without any extra programming.

Edited by tmarsh

Thanks.  I figured the module wasn't installed and could be - found a few on ebay.  Was hoping I could plug in the module and it would work without having to enable in forscan.