FORScan Info

JCrew7384

On 12/20/2018 at 3:51 PM, JCrew7384 said:

Are there any good manuals, FAQs, or posts about how to use a FORScan device and what options I could feasibly change to my Edge ST? I saw somewhere about enabling a heated wheel button on the main screen, that is a great upgrade. What else?

FORScan - I had to request an alpha version. Version 2.3.18 did not fully function as it didn't allow IPC to be changed  (2.3.19 allowed almost all modules to be accessed)

Here are the ones that I've used. The 'x' means don't change. I'd recommend that you save your settings (or get your AsBuilt file from Ford). I used codes from Fusions and F-150s  (SuperDuty codes, Fusion codes and F-150 codes).

Heated Seat AND Heated Steering Wheel icons on home & climate screen

APIM 7D0-01-01  xxxx xxxx  x8xx   (although, there is an option for just a checkbox for this one since this code also puts the seats icons. For some modules there is a graphical option with checkboxes)

**Best one as I never have to actually turn off the heated steering wheel. Remains 'on' for every car start! Once off per engine cycle, you have to use the Sync button to toggle Off/On if you need additional time for heating. 5min has worked for me but I'm guessing in the middle of winter, I'll bump that to 10min.

Timeouts for Heated Steering Wheel

HSWM 714-01-01  Xxx xxxx xxxx  Replace the X of the following: 1=Timeout disabled, 8=5 mins, 9=10 mins, A=12 mins, B=15 mins, C=18 mins, D=20 mins, E=25 mins, F=30 mins

Door Close Double Horn Honk (Engine Running Without Keyfob Detected (PTS)):

BCM    726-16-01      xxXx zz

REVERSE DIP SIDE MIRRORS (REQUIRES MEMORY MIRRORS/SEATS IN VEHICLE)

**There is a setup procedure that you have 'train' each side with memory buttons. Only ONE side can be dipped...

IPC    720-02-01: xxxx 7xxx xx

DDM and PDM

740/1-03-01 7000 xx

740/1-13-01 FCxx

Key Fob Window Closure (only open via Fob is factory set). Some might already be set since we can enable/disable the Open feature via the console.

No sunroof.... ?  Nor rear windows since they don't have the one-touch up/down feature (you'll find codes for Fusions since there are one-touch for rear windows).

IPC 720-02-01   7xxx xxxx xxx   Global Window Open & Close

BCM 726-30-01  x1x1 xxxx xxx    Global Close/Open

DDM 740-05-01  Cxxxx xx        Global Open/Close Enable Driver Side

PDM 741-05-01 Cxxxx xx        Global Open/Close Enable Passenger Side

Turn Signal Flash Count

SCCM  724-01-01 xxxx x6xx xx Replace * with one of the following:
0=1 Flash OUC False 1=1 Flash OUC True
2=1 Flash OUC False 3=1 Flash OUC True
4=2 Flashes OUC False 5=2 Flashes OUC True
6=3 Flashes OUC False 7=3 Flashes OUC True
8=4 Flashes OUC False 9=4 Flashes OUC True
A=5 Flashes OUC False B=5 Flashes OUC True
C=6 Flashes OUC False D=6 Flashes OUC True
E=7 Flashes OUC False F=7 Flashes OUC True
On Until Cancelled (OUC) means manually moving the turn signal arm in opposite direction or manually cancelling the turn signal. Two flashes are added automatically when trailer is attached.

Seat belts and other minor noise annoyances can be turned off too.

Edited by bobyellow
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey bobyellow,

i just got a '19 Edge ST. i am thinking of buying an ODB II adapter and getting ForScan to turn off Auto Stop/Start. have you tried this?

this was the adapter i was thinking of purchasing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

any help would be appreciated!! just starting to research all of this and it sounds like you have had good success with the new Edge. there isn't much info to specifically guarantee that everything will work with the '19 Edge since most threads reference fusions, F150s, etc.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, matt8686 said:

hey bobyellow,

i just got a '19 Edge ST. i am thinking of buying an ODB II adapter and getting ForScan to turn off Auto Stop/Start. have you tried this?

this was the adapter i was thinking of purchasing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

any help would be appreciated!! just starting to research all of this and it sounds like you have had good success with the new Edge. there isn't much info to specifically guarantee that everything will work with the '19 Edge since most threads reference fusions, F150s, etc.

Thanks!

Can’t you just manually turn it off with the button on the console? I thought I also saw a left hand menu option. I haven’t tested mine yet to see if it defaults back on after the car has been restarted. 

8 minutes ago, matt8686 said:

yes, but it resets with each engine cycle. i've had the car for 2 days and am already annoyed the times i forget to push the button and it shuts off at a red light.

Ahh ok. I can see it getting annoying too. Right now I just anticipate the light going green and let off the brake early so it restarts. In traffic I just brake enough to stop and it won’t shut off. I’ll be watching for your solution in case it becomes too aggravating. 

i have read that keeping the vehicle in sport mode also eliminates the feature, but i'm not sure i'd like to drive in sport 100% of the time. the ForScan fix should work.. i am just trying to be cautious and get as much info as possible before manipulating my vehicle's software. i will update.

6 minutes ago, matt8686 said:

i have read that keeping the vehicle in sport mode also eliminates the feature, but i'm not sure i'd like to drive in sport 100% of the time. the ForScan fix should work.. i am just trying to be cautious and get as much info as possible before manipulating my vehicle's software. i will update.

Sport mode has the same problem as just deactivating  start/stop with the button. It defaults back to non sport every time you turn off the car. 

Edited by Fingernip

• 1 month later...

CONFIRMED: THIS WORKED FOR A 2019 EDGE TITANIUM WITH 301A PKG.

Auto start stop disabled using:  BdyCM module - 726-48-02   X1XX XXXX  By changing the one to a zero  >>>   X0XX XXXX

Additionally changed the turn signal 3 flash to a 5 flash using:  SCCM module -  724-01-01   XXXX X7XX   By changing the seven to a B  >>>   XXXX XBXX

This is the adapter I used. Thanks to all that have helped with this. Hope this helps others...  $30. for the adapter.

OHP ELMconfig Forscan OBD2 Adapter with MS-Can & HS-Can Switch for Ford DIY Diagnostics on Windows - Link below

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dsmtweaker said:

Anyone know how to keep the drl led accents lights(ford signature lighting) on While using turn signal?

I don't see any specific directions for 'signature lighting'. There are some posts about trying to disable them (they had no luck there).

If present, the setting would probably be in the BCM module (726). You'd need to find a listing of all the codes, then compare to your AsBuild listing to find address that aren't described/discovered. My AsBuild (401A) goes to 726-74-02  (F-150 goes to 726-74-02 see that page).

Bothers me too but I only see it when there is a reflection from a car in front of me.

Also called 'Winking'. Most vehicles do this. 

1 hour ago, tk2fast said:

I agree it's odd that the DRL turns off when the turn signal is on. I know that most vehicles do it, but makes no sense why. Would like to change that too if the info becomes available. Looked at several spreadsheets with FORScan mods and can't pin it down.

I think there is a regulation dictating that in case the DRL is close to the turn signal it should turn off when the signal is on. 

Also, it can be changed in ForScan:

726-26-02    xxx*    xxxx    xxxx

DRL Switchback w/Turn Signal: 0=disable, 1=enable

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omar302 said:

I think there is a regulation dictating that in case the DRL is close to the turn signal it should turn off when the signal is on. 

Yeah I just assume it turns the DRL off so people notice the signal being activated.  You know for the stupid people to be able to realize you really are signalling. 

Thank you omar302, that worked on my 2019 Edge Titanium with 301pkg.

UPDATE April 11;  After first making the code change checked and signal was working without turning off DRL. Now checking again this is not so. Weird, not sure what happened but will investigate and post.

Edited by tk2fast

8 hours ago, jamie1073 said:

Yeah I just assume it turns the DRL off so people notice the signal being activated.  You know for the stupid people to be able to realize you really are signalling. 

In some cars you really can't see the signals with their very bright DRLs. Where I live there are no strict regulations, and hence many of those vehicles that have the DRLs turn off in the state remain on here, also some with the "Audi style" sequential signal and in daytime it is really hard notice the front turn signals from a reasonable distance.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 1:03 PM, omar302 said:

This worked, but the signature lights dim way down when the turn signal is on.  Do you know if there is a setting so the signature lights keep their intensity?