2014 Ford Edge low beams are terrible

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tried Sylvania ZXE's in my '14 Sport, and it was a bit of an improvement, but I still couldn't see well on the side of the roads. (They were always a great improvement in other cars for me tho, so I still recommend them if you only want to use Halogens).   They don't last as long - I do a lot of night driving and usually get 2 years out of them - but the upgrade is wort it to me.

I ended up installing a Morimoto HID kit from TheRetrofitSource. The cutoff is perfect, no more glare than standard Halogens, and I have never gotten flashed in the year I've had them. Couldn't be happier.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, ChrisInChambly said:

I also have a 2014 Sport and looking to change my bulbs, 5 years in and there at the end of their cycle. Looking for optimal halogen replacement bulbs. Anyone try Sylvania SilverStar Ultra? Or what bulbs have you tried and how satisfied are you compared to OEM? 

In my wife's '11 Escape Limited, I ran the gamut of Sylvania bulbs. First I got Silverstars, then Silverstar Ultras, then Sylvania ZXE's, and now Sylvania ZXE Gold's. In my opinion the ZXE's were the best option. They weren't the real bright white I wanted, but were a vast improvement over the stock halogens.

Edited by mrmikesdeuce
spelling error

• 6 months later...

Every vehicular I have owned has terrible headlights except my BMW which has HID’S, it is amazing how  manufacturers still sell old technology especially in light of how better lighting is so inexpensive now. I have up graded all my vehicles to after market HID including my 2014ford edge.and they are 10 times better.  

Every vehicular I have owned has terrible headlights except my BMW which has HID’S, it is amazing how  manufacturers still sell old technology especially in light of how better lighting is so inexpensive now. I have up graded all my vehicles to after market HID including my 2014ford edge.and they are 10 times better.  

I can’t remember which manufacturer I bought from but I discover that the.bulbs could be installed in the wrong position. I finally took the bumper cover off and removed the head lights out to ensure I got it right.

Edited by Bluestratos