What exterior color would you like to see offered next year?

Chipster

If you were so inclined to purchase a 2020 Edge what exterior color that is NOT offered now would you like to see made available? While you are at it, what color interior would you want in it? As for me I would like to see how a Teal Green would look on an Edge with a saddle interior. 

Edited by Chipster
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

Alpine White w/ black interior/ black headliner! off topic, I'd wish that Ford would provide the option to have the front door window tint dyed at the same time as the rear or an option to remove the factory tint all together. 

Alpine-White-BMW-X5-With-Vossen-Wheels-4-750x500.jpg

ST comes black headliner/interior now.

Also, you wouldn't want a none tinted Edge, and they come untinted because every state has different tint laws

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

ST comes black headliner/interior now.

Also, you wouldn't want a none tinted Edge, and they come untinted because every state has different tint laws

You are correct, completely forgot about one of the most attractive features of the ST ..... the black headliner. Actually I would want a none tinted edge. When I get the windows tinted I would get them done all at once ensuring color/ shade uniformity.  I'm aware that the fronts do not come tinted due to varying tint laws. I thought this was a "what if" kinda post. 

1 hour ago, Nick Halstead said:

A form of Nardo Grey

I always thought that color was called dove or elephant grey.  Either way its a hot color.  I've seen in on a few different cars, Mainly European models. It also seems to be one of the new trendy colors I've seen cars wrapped in.   

8 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

I always thought that color was called dove or elephant grey.  Either way its a hot color.  I've seen in on a few different cars, Mainly European models. It also seems to be one of the new trendy colors I've seen cars wrapped in.   

nope Nardo Grey, one of Audi's most famous colors. Yeah, almost every manufacturer has almost one vehicle that comes in this shade now.

12 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

You are correct, completely forgot about one of the most attractive features of the ST ..... the black headliner. Actually I would want a none tinted edge. When I get the windows tinted I would get them done all at once ensuring color/ shade uniformity.  I'm aware that the fronts do not come tinted due to varying tint laws. I thought this was a "what if" kinda post. 

indeed it is one of the best features, I need to get ahold of a wrecked one!!!

true...I just throw 5% over the stock and 20 on the front. the back is so dark it makes the front blend

14 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

indeed it is one of the best features, I need to get ahold of a wrecked one!!!

true...I just throw 5% over the stock and 20 on the front. the back is so dark it makes the front blend

From my experience due to the different shades and hues 15% on the front worked best for me.  5% is limo black. Have you ever had the stock tint metered with the 5% over it?   I'd also like a coil over set up. Speaking of coil overs were you able to get something in the works? I know you mentioned working on something in the past. 

Edited by onyxbfly

1 minute ago, onyxbfly said:

From my experience due to the different shades and hues 15% on the front worked best for me.  5% is limo black. Have you ever had the stock tint metered with the 5% over it?   I'd also like a coil over set up. Speaking of coil overs were you able to get something in the works? I know you mentioned working on something in the past. 

never metered the back with 5% over it cause every state I've been stationed in, back doors back in a SUV can be dark as you want.

as far as coils, have not done anything yet, but, here's how to do it. 2G Fusion Sport Coilovers, throw H&R springs on them, fronts will bolt right up, rears will require custom bracket. Gonna be a while before I do it. My focus has shifted to paying off the edge, and then upgrading my A3 to a S7 or used RS7 in about 3 years.

My wife would point out that Ford hasn't had a purple color on anything since 2008.  Dark Amethyst Metallic I believe it was.  2008 models are all high mileage and used up at this point, so my wife is still waiting for Ford to sell something with a similar dark purple color. 

Not big on the grey primer looking Leadfoot paint on the truck.  Seems so just- massively blah.  Only thing I'd think is more blah is harvest gold trucks. 

Edited by IWRBB

• 4 weeks later...
On 31 janvier 2019 at 8:02 AM, onyxbfly said:

Thats a beautiful truck right there! That color makes it pop!

Why not a 2014 "Gotta Have It Green"  like on the '13-'14 Mustangs?…That would really "pop"! :thumbsup:… or like "Chipster" said in his initial post, a Teal green would also look great. 

Claude.;)

85155103.jpg

On 3/2/2019 at 10:56 AM, onyxbfly said:

IIRC that is a Escape color.  Would look sharp on an edge.

My mistake, on the Edge the interior color is Cognac.  My 2016 Edge Titanium is the Bronzefire Metallic tinted clearcoat with the cognac interior.  The Lincoln MKX offered the same interior color but called it Terra Cotta.  

IMO Ford really needs to offer something for the interior besides black or ceramic.  Cognac is still available but very seldon found on dealer lots.

• 1 month later...