JUST REMINDER WE TUNE 19 EDGE ST

Livernois Motorsports

17 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

I was wondering if anyone was going to talk about the ST performance brake package.  Since the calipers are the same, I'm of strong opinion that the front brake rotors are the same as the edge sport rotors. The ford webpage says larger 13.6" rotors....If you were to replace your front rotors today they ask if you have the 345mm rotors.  13.6in = 345mm!  

A quick google shows that the ST brakes are compatible with the sport. Are they any different or are they the same?  What are the benefits of a brushless radiator fan?

I looked into it also. At one point i remember it saying the word "larger" but looking now it simply says the size. I asked a Ford rep and they said the brake upgrade is unique rotors and upgraded pads. They could not confirm rotor size but a larger rotor would require caliper spacer or a whole different design. 

The brake package also includes the wheels/tires of course.  But you could opt for the $995 wheel upgrade and forget about the brake upgrades and save a few bucks.  Either way the thing I did not like is the fact that you need to get the 401A package, another $5500 just to get the option to upgrade the wheels to 21 inches or the brake package.  Of course anyone can go buy 21's after the sale but I wanted the 21's  but not the other crap that comes in 401A.  It would have been nice if they allowed that. 

As for power it would be nice if they even just had an FRPP tune for those that would get one.  I mean why not, maybe they will since it seems to take forever for them to release one.  And I know an aftermarket tune is much better but some people like warranty still and all that.  I would love to see other tuners as well put something out but this is the thread for LMS.

Power info on the 3.0

420 all wheel HP, 480 all wheel torque. 

With a 25% awd loss that equates to... 

525hp and 600 tq

On E30

93 has Continental at 350/420 to all wheels. 

MKZ 3.0 is 390hp to all wheels Livernois tuned and they don't have e30 yet. 

My Conti spent 1 month at LMS as the first fully tuned 3.0; I got 93, e30, race 100 tunes. 

Plan to run low 12s in the next few weeks as the Temps warm up and snow stops falling. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 037 said:

Power info on the 3.0

420 all wheel HP, 480 all wheel torque. 

With a 25% awd loss that equates to... 

525hp and 600 tq

On E30

93 has Continental at 350/420 to all wheels. 

MKZ 3.0 is 390hp to all wheels Livernois tuned and they don't have e30 yet. 

My Conti spent 1 month at LMS as the first fully tuned 3.0; I got 93, e30, race 100 tunes. 

Plan to run low 12s in the next few weeks as the Temps warm up and snow stops falling. 

That is awesome! Do you know if the 3.0 is a over bored 2.7? Looks like they are both Nano engines but is the 3.0 also compacted graphite modular block?

19 hours ago, Fingernip said:

That is awesome! Do you know if the 3.0 is a over bored 2.7? Looks like they are both Nano engines but is the 3.0 also compacted graphite modular block?

3.0 is indeed a bigger version of the 2.7 but it's also made of aluminum, a lighter block. Car and Driver lists a bit of info on it . 

"Related to the 2.7-liter EcoBoost turbo V-6 used in the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, this V-6 (labeled 3.0 GTDI, as Lincoln doesn’t say “EcoBoost”) gains displacement via an increase in cylinder bore from 83.0 millimeters to 85.3 and a stroke lengthened by 3.0 millimeters to 86.0. Also, whereas the 2.7’s block is cast iron, the Lincoln’s 3.0 is aluminum."

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15099828/2017-lincoln-mkz-30t-awd-test-review/

• 2 months later...

So I am seriously considering this tune.  I have questions though.  I came from a FoST so they always suggest things like monitoring ignition corrections and OAR until you feel good that your tune is well tuned in properly.  Using your tuning device to see these things.  With your tune is it dialed in to be a little less on the 'edge' so this does not need to be monitored?  How about motor failures, is your tune safe?  I mean no tune is 'safe' and all engines can fail but what are the 'odds'.  With the FoST there are more tuners and of course the forums have a lot of info on them so it is nice to compare notes but with the Edge's it seems there are obviously less choices and I really have not seen any 'blown motor' threads here.  Theses are news Trans and different motor starting points and the ST tune seems to be less power for now so it seems you started fresh with less gains for now.  I mean I would like more power and better throttle response and shifts so it to me is worth looking into and getting.  I mean heck I bought an FMIC, RMM tune for my FoST and had it a whopping 4-5 months before trading for the Edge ST so spending a few bucks for more smiles is not a big deal for me.  But it is a lease so I do not really want to pop the engine for a few smiles with my miles.