ADAPTIVE LED HEADLAMPS - SSM 47810

ONEDGE16

So now that this is fixed, which lens moves, the headlight or is it the inner one?  I have never seen what the 401A package headlights look like actually turned on but I assume the inner lens is the one that move or light up when turning the wheel since the 400A package has that as a turn signal.  Just curious since I came from the FoST with the adaptive lights but they were bi-xenon and turned the main reflector and the Nautilus seems to use the Euro model of multi LED reflectors/lens to do the trick. 

Does the FSA (19B11) also add Adaptive Headlamp options in the information display?  (Pg. 107 of the manual:  Lighting -> Adaptive Headlamps -> Traffic Set Up -> Select Setting).  I'm waiting for a part to arrive for unrelated service, so they'll be updating my vehicle as well.

2 hours ago, JAYQD said:

Does the FSA (19B11) also add Adaptive Headlamp options in the information display?  (Pg. 107 of the manual:  Lighting -> Adaptive Headlamps -> Traffic Set Up -> Select Setting).  I'm waiting for a part to arrive for unrelated service, so they'll be updating my vehicle as well.

I just checked and did not find that option anywhere on my settings.  Maybe I just missed it somewhere or maybe it is something the tech has to ensure that it is downloaded to a vehicle.  

Posted in the other thread but it's relevant here too;

I had the fix done today and confirmed that it works now.

I haven't checked the settings yet to see if the option is there but will do that and report back.

What I noticed was odd was that under "Cause" the service department put "19S11AA - Disable Engine Block Heater Cord".

IMG_9377.jpg

My vehicle was done today.  Only details listed are:

Complaint:  19B11 Headlight Reprogram

Correction:  19B11.3

The Adaptive Headlamp menu (as described in the manual) is still absent from my information display panel.

Edited by JAYQD

• 4 months later...

I just got my Edge ST back from dealer where they performed the update for the lights. On start, I notice a clear startup movement. When I tested while parked, the lights clearly shift right and then recenter. But I notice they don’t shift left when I turn left. They basically just stay centered. 

is that intentional? Or something is still incorrect?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 10:27 PM, neotechpc said:

Any thoughts on if this update adjusts the brightness of the lights? Part of me feels like they are now putting out less light than before... (Could be just that its been crappy rainy nights this week since I had it done though...)

I do now feel strongly that the lights are 10-20% dimmer following the update. The movement is cool and useful, but I would trade it back for the old brightness in an instant :-(. I somehow doubt the dealer is going to flash back to and old version though....

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if Auto-leveling feature works in your Edge 2019??

Even after HCM updates for me it doesn't work. And I don't see how it could work. I don't see any leveling sensors on our suspension ?? Do you have them ??? 

Or should it work in some other magic way ??

Pawel

My lights do not auto level, wish they did. I don't believe they are auto level. They move left to right only.  I see them move on every start up in the garage. Our BMW X3 leveled and turned easy to observe when pulling into the garage. I am very happy with the light output of the headlights.

Edited by dajo2012

• 1 month later...

No problems with mine but its a 2020 so i think that glitch was fixed before i got it but one thing I didn't like about mine was the constant high beams flashing on back roads at night. I really only like that feature on highway use but i like my adaptive lights on....until the other night i thought I had to lose that function if i didn't use the auto lamp setting but to my surprise if you just switch off the high beams with the steering wheel stock it turns off the auto high beams but leaves on the adaptive function ?? thank god

Edited by Darksider87

• 4 months later...

Howdy folks. I just traded my 2020 Challenger Scat Pack for a 2020 Edge ST (got a dog). 

My car is supposed to have the adaptive LEDs but I noticed the box in the menu is unchecked and I can't check it. I tried this during the daytime though, does this mean mine aren't working or...?

Thanks!