Jump to content
Ford Edge Forum
vmaxbaby

So Is All The Youtube Videos True

Recommended Posts

On 4/1/2019 at 10:27 PM, akirby said:

Buying a used vehicle and keeping it as long as possible is always the cheapest.

 

It's not always the cheapest under the following, very possible scenario, not by a long shot, to quote myself from above:  "... just one of these many safety features (say AEB or Evasive Steering Assist) only needs to kick in once to make the 2019 a complete bargain over a totaled 2010 Edge--let alone what happens to the latter's occupants; now there's some 'depreciation' for ya (called '2010-style depreciation, *BOOM*, big time')."

 

With all the crazy &/or distracted drivers on the roads these days, erikrichard's contention that all he needs to do is remain alert is dangerous denial at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this has been posted already, sorry about that.

 

 

9989413B-7311-4747-9F72-D02D217D0EEA.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sage said:

If this has been posted already, sorry about that.

 

 

9989413B-7311-4747-9F72-D02D217D0EEA.jpeg

Awesome! thanks for that. Just called the dealer to see if they had this on file. I see the date there is 4/2/19 so they likely had no visibility of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TomCinMI said:

 

It's not always the cheapest under the following, very possible scenario, not by a long shot, to quote myself from above:  "... just one of these many safety features (say AEB or Evasive Steering Assist) only needs to kick in once to make the 2019 a complete bargain over a totaled 2010 Edge--let alone what happens to the latter's occupants; now there's some 'depreciation' for ya (called '2010-style depreciation, *BOOM*, big time')."

 

With all the crazy &/or distracted drivers on the roads these days, erikrichard's contention that all he needs to do is remain alert is dangerous denial at best.

 

Ok, so I'm just going to say this one more time and then I'm going to start deleting posts.

 

If YOU think that the safety benefits are worth the cost and you don't mind spending the money, great.   That doesn't mean other people feel the same way and their opinions are just as valid as yours because the probability of being in a serious accident is very very low.  It just comes down to what is more important to each person.

 

Now please let's leave it at that and move on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akirby said:

 

Ok, so I'm just going to say this one more time and then I'm going to start deleting posts.

 

If YOU think that the safety benefits are worth the cost and you don't mind spending the money, great.   That doesn't mean other people feel the same way and their opinions are just as valid as yours because the probability of being in a serious accident is very very low.  It just comes down to what is more important to each person.

 

Now please let's leave it at that and move on.

 

You nailed it. I've been driving for 35 years and never had a serious accident. Actually, I've only had one and it was a fender bender. For a couple decades I had a business where driving was a big part of it, so I've driven somewhere between half a million and a million miles. Not to say it couldn't happen, but my 2010 Edge is a very safe vehicle compared to most I've owned before. These guys act like a 10 year olf vehicle is falling apart - the truth is my Edge looks, runs and drives like a 2 year old vehicle because I spent the time finding the right deal. However, and I'll leave this conversation with this last point, the $10k I spent on it represents a single year of depreciation a new Edge gets hit with. So, if by some incredibly low odds it suffers a catastrophic engine failure and ends up in the junkyard within the next year, I'm still ahead of where I'd be had I bought a new Edge a year ago. 

Edited by erikrichard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, akirby said:

 

Ok, so I'm just going to say this one more time and then I'm going to start deleting posts.

 

If YOU think that the safety benefits are worth the cost and you don't mind spending the money, great.   That doesn't mean other people feel the same way and their opinions are just as valid as yours because the probability of being in a serious accident is very very low.  It just comes down to what is more important to each person.

 

Now please let's leave it at that and move on.

You should just clean up the entire thread. As you see it will just keep going as opinions here are very different and someone seems to be baiting the argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider it cleaned.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×