Borla Has An Exhaust the ST Finally :)

vmaxbaby

I called Borla and ask for a sound clip since they put this on an Edge ST already and the guy on the phone said they didn't record it ???  that makes no sense why they won't make a quick video of  it but I guess we will have to wait for someone that buys it to post up on youtube.

4 hours ago, vmaxbaby said:

I called Borla and ask for a sound clip since they put this on an Edge ST already and the guy on the phone said they didn't record it ???  that makes no sense why they won't make a quick video of  it but I guess we will have to wait for someone that buys it to post up on youtube.

It is odd. They have power increase claims and no sound bites. Someone forgot to hit record I guess. 

21 hours ago, vmaxbaby said:

I have one ordered but borla said it would not be shipped until May 3rd.. I'll make a sound clip of it if someone doesn't get one before me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed mine this weekend. From outside it sounds great. Nice deep rumble on startup and idle. Doesn't sound like a coffee can when driving. Inside the car is a different story. The pipes end where the stock ones did ie inside the bumper. A good 4 to 5 inches from flush with the outlet. Sounds terrible when driving unless you roll all the windows down. I may be able to adjust it a little, but I'm thinking just get some exhaust tips to bring that out flush or just past the outlet. 

10 hours ago, TonyYovan said:

I installed mine this weekend. From outside it sounds great. Nice deep rumble on startup and idle. Doesn't sound like a coffee can when driving. Inside the car is a different story. The pipes end where the stock ones did ie inside the bumper. A good 4 to 5 inches from flush with the outlet. Sounds terrible when driving unless you roll all the windows down. I may be able to adjust it a little, but I'm thinking just get some exhaust tips to bring that out flush or just past the outlet. 

We need sound clips! Lots of drone?? 

Yea it's pretty bad. Like I said I might be able to adjust the where they exit but I think adding tips would make it look and sound better anyway. Unfortunately my ST is at the dealer getting the brakes fixed (AGAIN). I'll see if I can get a sound clip up tomorrow after I pick it up. Borla does have a 2.7L F-150 on YouTube. In the video they show stock, Touring, S-Type (the one they make for the Edge), and ATAK. Same engine so I figured sound would be similar.

Edited by TonyYovan

Sorry to hear this...on there website they have no drone listed for the S-Type...now thinking this is why they don't have an exhaust sound clip inside the car because it has drone :(  Granted I only have 72 miles on my edge but already I can't stand how quite it is and I held back 1K dollars from putting down on the car so I could put toward a cat back.  

I think the MRT also ends at the stock location and doesn't stick out, but theirs doesn't seem to drone too bad from the interior video that they posted.

If/When I replace my exhaust I will definitely get tips to extend it outside - not really a huge fan of the stock exhaust housing.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, vmaxbaby said:

I call all the exhaust companies every 2 weeks to find out what the status is and the guy said they finally got one.   Before you click on the link be sitting down for the price...hopefully someone will sell them a little cheaper.

https://www.borla.com/products/edge_st_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140766.html

Got a better recommendation for you...just delete the center resonator.  No drone, a little extra bite, no CEL, and about 150 bucks at any exhaust shop

1 hour ago, Sage said:

^^^^ I put in an “X” pipe in place of the resonator, I like the results.  I than put in two muffler bypass valves that kick in about 7 lbs of boost, like that as well.

Are you claiming you picked up 7psi of boost from a muffler bypass?  What is your boost peaking at?

The valves came from the manufacture set to fully open at 7 psi boost.  You can hear them starting to open around 5-6 psi boost and fully open at 7.  I had the bypass valves put in behind the rear axle and the piping routed from the valves around the muffler and spliced back into the exhaust pipes.  

Edited by Sage