Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vmaxbaby

Borla Has An Exhaust the ST Finally :)

Recommended Posts

I call all the exhaust companies every 2 weeks to find out what the status is and the guy said they finally got one.   Before you click on the link be sitting down for the price...hopefully someone will sell them a little cheaper.

 

https://www.borla.com/products/edge_st_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140766.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else getting one? I would love to hear a sound clip. Hopefully there's no drone at cruising speeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called Borla and ask for a sound clip since they put this on an Edge ST already and the guy on the phone said they didn't record it ???  that makes no sense why they won't make a quick video of  it but I guess we will have to wait for someone that buys it to post up on youtube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vmaxbaby said:

I called Borla and ask for a sound clip since they put this on an Edge ST already and the guy on the phone said they didn't record it ???  that makes no sense why they won't make a quick video of  it but I guess we will have to wait for someone that buys it to post up on youtube.

It is odd. They have power increase claims and no sound bites. Someone forgot to hit record I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fingernip said:

It is odd. They have power increase claims and no sound bites. Someone forgot to hit record I guess. 

 

I must be blind I don't see the power claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Perblue said:

 

I must be blind I don't see the power claims.

I contacted them also.

 

You should see 6-10 additional rear wheel hp over factory. We do not have and sound or video samples. My apologies.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, vmaxbaby said:

I called Borla and ask for a sound clip since they put this on an Edge ST already and the guy on the phone said they didn't record it ???  that makes no sense why they won't make a quick video of  it but I guess we will have to wait for someone that buys it to post up on youtube.

I have one ordered but borla said it would not be shipped until May 3rd.. I'll make a sound clip of it if someone doesn't get one before me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to hearing what it sounds like for sure.  Borla on the Explorer sounds good so hopefully this engine does as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just talked to borla in Calif. and was told they have them scheduled for shipment on may 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 6:10 PM, eddie368 said:

I just talked to borla in Calif. and was told they have them scheduled for shipment on may 15th.

Any word yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SmittyST said:

Any word yet?

Smitty I spoke to borla in Calif.yesterday and they are now saying shipment will start on Friday may 24th. but this is the 4th time they have set it back...........Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update on the borla exhaust :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed mine this weekend. From outside it sounds great. Nice deep rumble on startup and idle. Doesn't sound like a coffee can when driving. Inside the car is a different story. The pipes end where the stock ones did ie inside the bumper. A good 4 to 5 inches from flush with the outlet. Sounds terrible when driving unless you roll all the windows down. I may be able to adjust it a little, but I'm thinking just get some exhaust tips to bring that out flush or just past the outlet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TonyYovan said:

I installed mine this weekend. From outside it sounds great. Nice deep rumble on startup and idle. Doesn't sound like a coffee can when driving. Inside the car is a different story. The pipes end where the stock ones did ie inside the bumper. A good 4 to 5 inches from flush with the outlet. Sounds terrible when driving unless you roll all the windows down. I may be able to adjust it a little, but I'm thinking just get some exhaust tips to bring that out flush or just past the outlet. 

We need sound clips! Lots of drone?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea it's pretty bad. Like I said I might be able to adjust the where they exit but I think adding tips would make it look and sound better anyway. Unfortunately my ST is at the dealer getting the brakes fixed (AGAIN). I'll see if I can get a sound clip up tomorrow after I pick it up. Borla does have a 2.7L F-150 on YouTube. In the video they show stock, Touring, S-Type (the one they make for the Edge), and ATAK. Same engine so I figured sound would be similar.

Edited by TonyYovan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear this...on there website they have no drone listed for the S-Type...now thinking this is why they don't have an exhaust sound clip inside the car because it has drone :(  Granted I only have 72 miles on my edge but already I can't stand how quite it is and I held back 1K dollars from putting down on the car so I could put toward a cat back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the MRT also ends at the stock location and doesn't stick out, but theirs doesn't seem to drone too bad from the interior video that they posted.

 

If/When I replace my exhaust I will definitely get tips to extend it outside - not really a huge fan of the stock exhaust housing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, vmaxbaby said:

I call all the exhaust companies every 2 weeks to find out what the status is and the guy said they finally got one.   Before you click on the link be sitting down for the price...hopefully someone will sell them a little cheaper.

 

https://www.borla.com/products/edge_st_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140766.html

 

Got a better recommendation for you...just delete the center resonator.  No drone, a little extra bite, no CEL, and about 150 bucks at any exhaust shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^ I put in an “X” pipe in place of the resonator, I like the results.  I than put in two muffler bypass valves that kick in about 7 lbs of boost, like that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sage said:

^^^^ I put in an “X” pipe in place of the resonator, I like the results.  I than put in two muffler bypass valves that kick in about 7 lbs of boost, like that as well.

 

Are you claiming you picked up 7psi of boost from a muffler bypass?  What is your boost peaking at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Special_K said:

 

Are you claiming you picked up 7psi of boost from a muffler bypass?  What is your boost peaking at?

I think hes saying the bypass opens at 7psi. He must have a boost gage with a trigger set to open the bypass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The valves came from the manufacture set to fully open at 7 psi boost.  You can hear them starting to open around 5-6 psi boost and fully open at 7.  I had the bypass valves put in behind the rear axle and the piping routed from the valves around the muffler and spliced back into the exhaust pipes.  

Edited by Sage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×