Toby99

2019 Edge Low Speed Surge/Buck

its actually 19-2313 is the latest will have to flash pcm to see if it helps

19-2313 came out last year. 20-2190 just came out June 2, 2020.

Just found this forum post.    https://edgestnation.com/topic/3355-2019-edge-st-with-8f57-transmission-issues/

The latest TSB is 20-2190.

Released June 2, 2020.

I had it done and all the issues have been resolved.

No more slow engagement from 3-4.

No more harsh engagement from R to D.

No more lurching at 6 mph when upshifting.

It looks like Ford did a really good job on this one.

I am just curious to see how long it will last.

The last TSB only lasted 4 months

Reading elsewhere that TSB 20-2190 is for the Edge ST 8F57 transmission. 

Can someone post a photo of the actual TSB?

Edited by Toby99

39 minutes ago, Toby99 said:

TSB 20-2190.jpeg

1 hour ago, Toby99 said:

i think that one is for the edge st i have the sel  with 8f35 trans the tsb is 19-2331 i think thats the latest 

56 minutes ago, ONEDGE16 said:

TSB 20-2190.jpeg

thats 8f57 i have the 8f35 engine 2019 edge sel this doesnt apply to my engine  the tsb for me is 19-2331

1 hour ago, Toby99 said:

ya i thin the se and sel have 8f35 trans which is bulletin 19-2331

1 hour ago, Toby99 said:

Just found this forum post.    https://edgestnation.com/topic/3355-2019-edge-st-with-8f57-transmission-issues/

The latest TSB is 20-2190.

Released June 2, 2020.

I had it done and all the issues have been resolved.

No more slow engagement from 3-4.

No more harsh engagement from R to D.

No more lurching at 6 mph when upshifting.

It looks like Ford did a really good job on this one.

I am just curious to see how long it will last.

The last TSB only lasted 4 months

do you have a st cause i think this one is for the st i have the sel. i think i have the 8f35 trans this bulletin dont think applys to me. but i dont have harsh engagement from r to d or upshifting problems my problem is its very sluggish when driving after sitting overnight i press gas and doesnt go anywhere but i hear turbo spinning i have to put in in sport mode and drive for a bit before switching back then it drives normally.seems to drive fine after driving for a bit. but last month or so accelerating the car would buck like you were slipping on wet pavement. but now its worse every morning after sitting like i said it wont accelerate unless i put in sports mode for a while.do you think reproprogramming the pcm will help me.

Yep, only states the 8F57 transmission.  I have a 2019 Titanium.  Also do not see any mention of slow speed lurching in the TSB.

I had TSB 19-2331 performed by the regional field service engineer.  Did absolutely nothing for the slow speed buck/surge.  I doubt she even drove the vehicle after the update.   I have also had the PCM reprogrammed in the past and it did nothing to correct the problem. 

So, the ST is getting attention but doesn't appear other Edges are.

Time to file another complaint with Customer Care.

Edited by Toby99

Looking for updates.  Has anyone been able to get this issue fixed on their vehicle?  I just made another call to Customer Care and received yet another CAS number.

22 minutes ago, Toby99 said:

Looking for updates.  Has anyone been able to get this issue fixed on their vehicle?  I just made another call to Customer Care and received yet another CAS number.

i had this problem with my 19 edge no power in morning bucking when accelerating turned out i had trans leak only after 10,000 miles dealer fixed the leak no more problems

Matthew, can you post the repair specifics?  Were exactly was the leak?  What was done to fix the leak?

Would like to provide the info to service department at my next visit.   Would be helpful if they know where to look and how to correct.

Thanks.  

20 minutes ago, Toby99 said:

Matthew, can you post the repair specifics?  Were exactly was the leak?  What was done to fix the leak?

Would like to provide the info to service department at my next visit.   Would be helpful if they know where to look and how to correct.

Thanks.  

42F466F1-F2B0-4928-890B-DE2846E2733A.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Toby99 said:

Thanks.  

i asked guy why there were no leaks to tell where it was leakin he said it could of been blowby which it was goin somewhere else just took it on a trip out of state drives like when i bought it. it would buck at first then as i kept driving it in morning the most i would try to drive and no power couldnt go anywhere then would kick in after like 5 min but it got worse every morning so i took it in