Sign in to follow this  
cyclenut66

Lowering the ST

Has anyone lowered their 2019 ST?  The only springs I have found are the H&R and for all Edges.  Anyone put them on an ST?  I'm looking to go down 1" to 2".

Was planning to do springs first and then hit the exhaust and chip.

Looks like it (front is noticeable but on a slight incline so the gap might be skewed). Note: the '19 Edge is almost an '18 Sport so probably just H&R on this one.

Edited by bobyellow
  • Like 1

How is the ride?  I'm hoping they are as stiff or stiffer.  I think stock it handles pretty darn well and don't want to give that up.

Bumping this thread up. I'm contemplating lowering my ST with the H&R springs. The H&R website list part# 28759-2 as being compatible with 2015-2020 models, appears to be the same springs that they've offered for awhile now. Has anybody tried these on the ST yet or have any feedback?

I have wondered the same thing.  Now, I started checking into the stock ST springs and H&R springs.  Just what I found and not saying it is spot on correct, but.  

The stock ST springs are heavier set of springs than the Sport springs.  Ford beefed up the ST springs and sway bar for a bit better handling than the Sport models.  It is my understanding that the H&R springs will fit fine, but one would loose the change that Ford made with the ST.  

For me, I wanted to keep the ST springs for that reason and hope H&R comes out with a set of springs for the ST.  

Edited by Sage

Just checked the part number on the box that is still sitting in my garage.  Those are the ones that I put on, 28759-2 .

The springs dropped the car and inch or so (a little bit more) and it looks ALOT better (looked good before, now it looks really good).  They are a little bit stiffer.  I wasn't sure at first, but they are stiffer over bumps and such.  I think my issue there was that I would have liked stiffer and lower.  I would also like stiffer sway bars.  It handles a bit better around corners, but I haven't had a chance to race it or anything like that.

When someone comes out with new stiffer and lower springs I'll get those (or even better, coil-overs).  Until then, I am loving these and don't regret them at all!

One note I will say, if you are DIY'ing it, the rear was tougher than I expected even after getting the service directions from Ford.  People talk about dropping the sub-frame.  I have done that on other cars and it wasn't bad.  I was stubborn on this and ended up cutting a set of spring compressors to get them in there and get the springs out.  Obviously you need to be careful doing it, but it worked for me.  Dropping the subframe may very well been easier.  In hindsight I should have done some more research.  The springs go in pretty easy without compressors.

Thanks for the feedback. I was concerned that the ride would be too harsh. The ST looks a lot better when lowered and sitting level, especially with that rear fender gap.

I'm not sure if I'll put them on myself or not but it looks like there's a good write up here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wQ3WRD6zvzHaAbxE3hCZpyKIwbBI3-Gs/view from this thread. https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/22579-hr-sport-springs-on-g2-edge-sport/?page=7

I have installed  lowering springs and coilovers on previous vehicles and they are always a bit of a pain in the butt. I don't have the time I used to, plus it's winter out and I don't have a heated garage, so I may just have a shop do it this time. Otherwise I'll wait until warmer weather, but In the meantime, I'm going to get the LMS tune and have some fun with that. :)

Edited by Gregertech