Sign in to follow this  
SmittyST

Hood Rattle on Highway

I’ve noticed while driving on the highway that my hood seems to flutter up and down when it catches the wind.  Has anyone else had this issue?  It seems to be more prevalent on the driver side.  If the highway has enough bumps you can actually see the hood bounce and rattle around.  I’ve checked to make sure it is latched correctly and it looks fine it that sense.

See if the hood stops bumpers are adjustable. Usually that can be twisted in our out to adjust for any slop. I haven’t checked mine but that is where I would look first. 

• Like 1

I have on my 2016. Had on my previous 2011 MKX & 2008 Taurus. It's a Ford trademark ?. To reduce it, like what @Fingernip stated above. If it still shakes, from my experience, it is because the hood is not seating properly at the back, on the weatherstripping at the cowl. But there is no adjustment on that end so I try to bend the hood slightly from the middle so it seats better to the cowl area. With the hood open I just pull back the hood from the rear middle with two hands. It helped a lot in reducing the shaking.

• Like 1