Ford Edge 2014, losing power, hesitation, shaking

Ford_Owner

Hi, 

I have a problem with my ford edge 2014 limited AWD, last time I was driving in the highway when suddenly the car started losing power (at low and high speed), so I tried to accelerate but I feel an hesitation of the engine and the car almost start shaking, and I thought that the car was going to stall, hopefully not (or not yet). I took the extended warranty (05 years) and unfortunately it's ended on March 2019. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

4 minutes ago, Ford_Owner said:

Hi Perblue,

Thanks for you reply, actually the scan is done and there's no codes at all. I wonder if it's not a clogged air filter or  a dirty mass flow sensor.

Regards

Not impossible but I've personally never had a dirty air filter do that, would have to be the dirtiest filter I've ever seen. Really easy to check though along with a plug or 2. I'd start there before anything else.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SUV-E said:

Does it go back to normal if you slow down considerably? Sounds like it might not be getting enough fuel. Symptomatic of a clogged fuel filter or a failing fuel pump.

Actually it happened when I tried to accelerate, and yesterday my wife told me that it happened during idle start.

Hi everybody, I got a big problem, I started to replace spark plugs then I noticed that one plug was literally immersed in oil, I don't know why, I have always respected change oil schedule and did it in a shop since it was bought brand new. Also I have noticed that two cylinders was open while the four others was closed. Please help me!

32 minutes ago, Perblue said:

It can wreck your rings and seals that can cause all sorts of issues but it takes typically alot and would show on your dipstick. 

Do you think that if I replaced the cover gasket and the valve stem oil seals can solve the problem?

10 minutes ago, Perblue said:

Possibly. One thing I did t realize that I just fou d out too is if your plugs are too warn and your gap is too big you can end up with oil on them and a new set can clear it up. 

Yes, the spark plugs are too worn but the gap is pretty good 0.054 as recommended. I'm replacing the spark plugs and cleaning the extra oil in plug well. I'm thinking to replace the valve cover gasket too along with valve stem oil seals.

On 5/4/2019 at 8:14 PM, Perblue said:

There was oil in the plug well too? Sorry missed that. Definitely do valve cover gaskets too Atleast. 

Hi, I have replaced the valve gaskets cover and spark plugs but now I got a check engine light with the code P1336, crankshaft position sensor, knowing that I didn’t touch that area, any help?

thanks!

Assuming you cleared the codes and the error came back, if not then try that first, about all i can suggest is check the harness and the connector to the sensor. It's also possible that you have a bad sensor and the computer now recognizes it with fresh plugs and hopefully them not being coated in oil anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Perblue said:

Assuming you cleared the codes and the error came back, if not then try that first, about all i can suggest is check the harness and the connector to the sensor. It's also possible that you have a bad sensor and the computer now recognizes it with fresh plugs and hopefully them not being coated in oil anymore.

I’ll check it. Actually, the code occurred the third time I drove the car after gaskets and spark plugs replacement.