Recall order 19B11 - Adaptive Headlamp Software

• 1 month later...

I had the recall done and they are working. Still dealership did not add the Adaptive headlamp menu to left IPC as indicated in owner's manual Page 105. 

Tried doing it wit Forscan using the codes from the F150 Forum, but had partial succees.

The adaptive headlamp menu is added, but greyed out - cannot select or deselect it

20190726_183501.jpg

also adding cross traffic, it adds it under the main lighting menu and not under 

20190726_183719.jpg

Edited by ONEDGE16

• 3 years later...

This information is already on the forum but you have to know what you are looking for to dig it up so I thought I would post it where others might see it.

If you just purchased a 2019 Edge Titanium or ST, you may be missing out on a major feature because of a factory software issue. Some models of these trims can be equipped with Adaptive LED Headlamps that turn with the steering wheel to provide better visibility. Early on in the Edge production run for 2019, these headlights were flashed with the wrong software and do not do this even though they were built to. Ford recognized the issue and put out a fix in CSP 19B11. The date range has expired so you will likely have to pay if your dealer has fixed policies about module updating. Though do call around if you can, I had one dealer in my city that recognized it as a safety issue and did it for free. 

To see if you are eligible check your headlights and make sure they look like this. They must have 2 distinct beams and will have a solid amber strip for the turn signal. These headlights were only ever available on models that equipped them so a good rule of thumb is if you have the optional front camera, you likely have these adaptive headlights. If they look like this, you have a 2019 edge, and they are not turning with the wheel then you are missing out. 

IMG_0341.JPEG

MC-10160952-0001.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1