Mustang SUV

Xtra

I found these renderings ( artist concepts ) of the new Mustang inspire SUV . Sadly, the Mustang SUV is expected only with an electric drivetrain. Thoughts of an SUV with Mustang looks, and a 460 horsepower 5.0-liter V8 are in vain. This is contrary to early news that stated that it would have all but the most powerful Mustang engine combinations available. 

Reports also claim that Ford will offer two electric drivetrain variants in its Mustang-inspired SUV.

One powertrain will offer over 300 miles of driving range with the other offering as much as 373 miles. Rumors also suggest there will be a high-performance version of the Mustang SUV. Details on the new electric SUV with Mustang style are expected in November with an on-sale date said to be sometime in 2020 as a 2021 model.

All I can say is if it is electric, why does the rear view have exhaust pipes ? I know it is just a rendering .. 

Ford-Mustang-SUV-Render-002.jpg

ford-mustang-suv-redner.jpg

Edited by Xtra

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, David Young said:

With Ford dropping almost all the cars, GM is too, I'm afraid it might happen this time. They're talking about a SUV style C8 Corvette in around 2025 on the Corvette Forum I'm a member of :(

Sharing the second row seats with a 500hpV8 is not going to happen..

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, scorpionking0102 said:

It seems like this body style is all the rage these days. BMW and Mercedes have been flaunting this design for a few years. I think Ford watched these two to see how successful their sales figures would be before diving in. Ford needs to drop a Coyote motor in it as an option.

Let me repeat in case you missed it - this is a BEV - electric only vehicle with a range of 300+ miles.  And it won’t look like that.

More rumor updates about the Mustang SUV .

First one is it will be an all electric 4 door crossover with around a 300 mile range.  Some rumors have stated as  high as 370 miles ( I doubt that ).

Second is that it will be a 2020 model set to premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show this November 22. 

Last is the name :  " Ford Mach E  Electric Crossover "

There is no information about power output or the drive train.  AWD, FWD or RWD its anyone's guess. My guess is that it will be based on the new Explorer rear wheel bias architecture.

It would be something if it could out accelerate a Tesla's Ludicrous Mode, then have the suspension and brakes to run the canyons with ease and still be a comfy cruiser . 

Here is the latest rendering:

ford-mustang-inspired-suv-concept.jpg

Edited by Xtra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it was completely leaked a few days early.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/11/15/fords-mustang-mach-e-all-electric-suv-revealed-in-leaked-photos-prices-and-configurations/

Damnit.. I'm out. I was hoping for at least sub 5 sec on most models. I cant justify the $60K+ performance model with only a 230 mile range even minus the tax break. At that vehicle size class and price point its competing with vehicles like the Mercedes AMG43, Audi Sq5 and Mecan S and the tremendous aftermarket they bring with them. I would prefer to stay ford and will hold out with my Edge ST and see what the CD6 platform has in the future.

• Like 1