Yet Another Intake Thread

I'm about to get crazy with the air intake system. I'm probably going to copy some of the other forum posts with the fog light air duct into a nicely cut aluminum box. I have a friend that can fabricate anything. I might be able to get him to help. 

I also emailed AFE to see about moving this along. No reply yet. I also found that 5Star has 3 custom tunes for the Edge Sport. 

On 6/16/2020 at 2:51 PM, snmjim said:

Yeah, 

Sorry for kinda dropping the ball here however, we lost site of this one since AFE never responded to our messages and we had such great success with our custom prototype.

However, we propose that since Xtra is the closest to there location that he Champions this one across the finish line.

Xtra, U up 2 the call of duty?

:thumbsup:I can get over there and talk to them in person . They are about 2 hrs away so I will set something up with them before I go. Real busy now so give me a couple of weeks to get 'er done.  

Edited by Xtra
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Duece McCracken said:

It would be nice to actually have an aftermarket intake.

I hope AFE doesn't just use a heatshield and 2 open filters though. Fingers crossed.

what are your expectations from an aftermarket intake?

unless you are going to about $7##-$1,###. for an intake, you probably are only going to get a heat shield and filter. That's a lot of piping to make for a vehicle that does not attract aftermarket buyers

3 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

what are your expectations from an aftermarket intake?

unless you are going to about $7##-$1,###. for an intake, you probably are only going to get a heat shield and filter. That's a lot of piping to make for a vehicle that does not attract aftermarket buyers

An actual improved airbox assembly is what I'd be looking for. Not just an Airbox delete, open cone filters and some rigged heat shield for 400 bucks claiming to be a performance upgrade.

I'm well aware that nobody wants anything to do with actually replacing the piping to the turbo inlets, the large increase in cost, and the fact that this is a platform no manufacturer really wants to waste their time with. Theres only a handful of people who mod, and there wouldn't be nearly enough sales to justify anything that requires extensive design or manufacture. Granted intakes are usually the most purchased mod for any platform. These soccer mom grocery getters don't really pull in huge aftermarket enthusiasm.

I'm not looking for a miracle, and I pay to play, just hope if there is a product design it is actually beneficial.

• Like 2