Ford Edge Forum

2015 4cyl titanium AWD.

Has anyone towed 3500 lbs with this set up? Looking to move across the country and tow a little U-Haul with some supplies in it. 

Route would be from MN to FL so a few hills from Kentucky to Georgia. 

With or without factory tow package?

• Like 1

I'm also curious about this. My setup doesn't have factory tow package

1 minute ago, mvan231 said:

I'm also curious about this. My setup doesn't have factory tow package

Based on general engineering knowledge and a gear head to boot, I wouldn't even give a second thought to attempting a 4 Cyl gasoline engine tow trip of that capacity and would be reluctant with a tow package...of course unless it was a diesel...wish you well...🤔

On 6/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, slides said:

2015 4cyl titanium AWD.

Has anyone towed 3500 lbs with this set up?

Just a guess someone, somewhere has. 

Check your owner's manual and/or Ford's online tow guide.  You'll find your Edge is rated to pull 'up to' 35 hundred pounds 'with' the factory tow package (hitch, larger radiator, higher capacity alternator, anti-sway tech).  The rating is 'up to' 2000 pounds with an aftermarket hitch but without the factory package. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, snmjim said:

Based on general engineering knowledge and a gear head to boot, I wouldn't even give a second thought to attempting a 4 Cyl gasoline engine tow trip of that capacity and would be reluctant with a tow package...of course unless it was a diesel...wish you well...🤔

Definitely agree that it's probably over the limit of a safe towing capacity with that configuration. Even if the 4 cylinder engines of today make similar power to previous generations of 6 cylinder