Ford Edge Forum
teetertotter

Do You Like Your Edge?

I sure do and only been a short while.  Navigation is more user friendly than GM on the old 14' GMC Acadia, we had.   Wife is in love with the heated steering wheel in our WI. winters.   We have gotten used to the dial-amatic shifting.  Most important, we can turn off the STOP/START feature. lol   Don't have cooling seats....DARN.

I love the '16 we just got. It's been a great adjustment into the crossover world for me since I owned a Fusion prior to. I explain the Edge as a taller  version of the Fusion (since they are based on the same platform). It's a great vehicle and I really enjoy it. Heated steering wheel is a great feature for sure! I don't know of anyone who has said they don't like having it :)

Yes I love my Edge. :love_shower: In fact all of my three Edges are still in the family. My first one (2011 MKX) is now belongs to my girlfriend, next I'm selling my second one (2016 Titanium) to my father-in-law in at the end of the month and I my third one (2019 Titanium Elite) is on order which I should get pretty soon.

Claude. :)

• Like 1

Funny you mentioned the START/STOP feature. My wife's 2017 Edge was at the dealer and they gave us a 2019 while they worked on it. Right away she asked if I could get that "feetchur" turned off. I did.

I love my ST, Stop/Start did take some getting used to but i really enjoy the feature now. You have to adjust your driving habits a tiny bit to really make it work seamlessly. I absolutely love the power and handling over my 2011 Edge Sport i traded in. 

The people who hate Auto stop start usually haven’t even given it a chance.  I say leave it on for a month and you’ll forget it’s there or at least not mind it.

43 minutes ago, akirby said:

The people who hate Auto stop start usually haven’t even given it a chance.  I say leave it on for a month and you’ll forget it’s there or at least not mind it.

I agree. It is weird and intrusive initially. Causes delays at lights and unsettling how it goes silent. Only real drawback is on humid/hot days when the A/C is only just barely maintaining your interior temp and it shuts down for a few moments you get a blast of humid/warm air. It will restart the car is cabin temp deviates a certain amount from the set temp though. You learn quickly how to let it restart when 2 cars ahead start rolling or you see the cross traffic light go yellow. 

You can also modulate it when stopping via brake pedal pressure.  Light pressure and it won’t shut off.  I also shut it off via the switch if I need to turn left quickly.

• Like 2

Short answer is YES!

Everyone was like,....You bought a what?

Then I roll up in this.

I bought her used with 24K on the clock of documented service history. Then started modding. Tint, H&R springs, TSW Nurburgring wheels. Loving it.

IMG_1372.JPG

Edited by Project_Edge
to add.

I bought her used with 24K on the clock of documented service history. Then started modding. Tint, H&R springs, TSW Nurburgring wheels. Loving it.

The I L:rockon:ve my 2016 Edge Sport . It  is faster and handles way better than my 6.6L Trans Am ever did:shift:. It is quicker  than my 1965  C10 with a custom built big cam high performance  350,

rock crusher trans and huge Mickey Thomson’s :superhero:. It has more luxuries than any car I have ever owned and it runs like a fine Swiss watch. What is not to like :)

Edited by Xtra

I'm REALLY enjoying this car/truck/cuv/suv.....whatever.  This is my first ever Ford, coming from a late model Toyota Avalon Limited.  My '16 lease return Titanium with 20" wheels rides better than the Toyota, the seating is far more comfortable and, of course, there's all the extra cargo space 😍.  I'm especially enjoying the flexibility that FORScan gives owners to make this machine their own.  Don't like extra horn honks, turn em off.  Want to move the DRL to another bulb; immobilize your car if the engine is running and the fob isn't in the cabin?  Just do that and so much more.  Sync3 is far superior to the Toyota entertainment/navigation system when it comes to ease of use. 

Is there room for improvement?  Of course, deal with it!  Lube the BAMR, change the fluids, install a decent HID headlight bulb, read your owner's manuals and spend some time on MacT's website where you'll find literally everything you'd need to maintain this vehicle.  Map updates are an issue for sure but they're not limited to Ford. At least we get occasional Sync upgrades that don't require an expensive visit to a dealer. 

Bottom line, yes I'm enjoying my Edge very much.

• Like 1