warped windshield 2019 titanium

9 hours ago, miket said:

i had my windshield replaced in my 19 sel made a small improvement not perfect will live with it for awhile

Was it really worth it?… only you know... but that's why I said (in one of my previous posts) that " I'd rather live with it and keep it like that than having the dealer replace the windshield and risk having the paint scratched", etc... and now seeing that it didn't make such a difference after all...

Claude. 

Just my .02 (don't have the distortion issue with my '16) for those fearing they'd just get another distorted shield with a replacement.  Tell the dealer you want to inspect the new windshield 'before' the old one is removed from your Edge.  If the new one is clear you're good to go.  If not send it back.  Simple!
BTW very few (maybe zero) dealers do their own glass replacement.  Generally they send it out to a body or glass shop so it would be installed by a pro, not the Ford shop intern.

14 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Was it really worth it?… only you know... but that's why I said (in one of my previous posts) that " I'd rather live with it and keep it like that than having the dealer replace the windshield and risk having the paint scratched", etc... and now seeing that it didn't make such a difference after all...

Claude. 

not really i will wait and see how the glass looks in the 2020 models this problem should be corrected i hope

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, hard to get a good pic or video of the back for sure. The front should be a little easier. As far as my replacements, the front is much better than it was. Still some slight distortion but it doesn't bleed out like 6 inches all around the rearview mirror glass section anymore. Only about a half inch, which I have seen on some other vehicles as well.  So for now I'm happy and think it's worth it to replace...providing it doesn't leak or something new. The rear glass seems better as well and may be close to perfect now. My 12 volt outlet wasn't connected behind the panel for some reason so they had to take the panel off and connect it. Now it works. I don't find that too crazy because I found 3 panel sections that weren't even snapped in when bought the car and got it home. The vent cover on the top dash is also now fixed and flush like it should be. So all in all, while i shouldn't have had these type of issues with a brand new car, I'm satisfied with the corrections and outcome. 

Good luck to you on your repair. Hope it goes well. Please post back your results. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 4:48 PM, steamroll9 said:

Here are a couple videos.

Just picked up my 2019 two days ago. Looks like it was manufactured in late August or early Sept. I noticed some distortion, but nothing as bad as the first video. I'll have to give some thought as to whether or not I want to get it fixed. Doesn't bother me very much, and I bought it at a dealer more than an hour away from my home. (Although, we have a very large Ford service location near our house.)

• 9 months later...
18 hours ago, simplefun1 said:

I have a 2020 edge st and the windshield is distorted around the rear view mirror .Has anyone found a fix for this yet or talked to Ford I have a appointment this week to get it checked?

After putting 6k miles on mine over the last nine months, I'm used to the distortion. Every once it a while it will distract me, but 95+ percent of the time I don't even think about it.

While I'm still interested in the topic, I think I've pretty much settled on leaving it as is. If there's an opportunity to replace it under warranty with glass that consistently seems to be better, I'd look into it. However, I likely won't go very far out of my way to get it replaced.

I'm on my third windshield, and they are all distorted.  The first time, the installer rushed the job and messed up so badly that it had to be replaced again(which was fine because it was also distorted). The owner of the company felt bad for the mess up and went to the warehouse to pick out one without the distortion(he also fired the installer). I believe they had 3 or 4 and he said they were all distorted.  He picked the best one that he could tell, and it's still just as bad.  I had every intention of contacting Ford customer service(have pics of all the window stamps), but then the world started ending and this was put on the back burner, didn't need the aggravation.

I did find a work around.  I purchased Chalkboard Removable Stickers(link below).  Blocking what small view you have isn't ideal, but I was nauseous a few times from driving due to my vertigo, so I had to do something.  Using a couple of them, I covered the area with the distortion.  I was able to put part of the sticker in between the trim and windshield.  After a few days, forget it's even there.  The are very easily removed as well, but haven't done so since I put them on months ago(will try and snap a pic).  Haven't left myself any notes yet though. lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MN4VRG2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1