Ford Edge Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ralfwalter

Lower left 'drawer'?

Hi!  I've seen tons of reviews of various 2015+ Edge's that seem to have a small drawer just lower left of the steering wheel but my 2018 sport lacks that.  It's just some pull off panel thingy.  Was this a cost cutting thing because when I pulled it off it did not seem to have much behind it.  Thanks!

R

37 minutes ago, ralfwalter said:

Hi!  I've seen tons of reviews of various 2015+ Edge's that seem to have a small drawer just lower left of the steering wheel but my 2018 sport lacks that.  It's just some pull off panel thingy.  Was this a cost cutting thing because when I pulled it off it did not seem to have much behind it.  Thanks!

R

Yes I had that small "drawer" in my '16 Titanium but in my '19, it's like you said a small "pull off panel" cover, but I haven't tried to pull it off so I don't know what's behind it.:shrug: At first I thought it could be some kind of fuse panel but if I remember, the fuse panel is located behind the driver's side kick panel…:headscratch:…so I still don't know.

Claude.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Yes I had that small "drawer" in my '16 Titanium but in my '19, it's like you said a small "pull off panel" cover, but I haven't tried to pull it off so I don't know what's behind it.:shrug: At first I thought it could be some kind of fuse panel but if I remember, the fuse panel is located behind the driver's side kick panel…:headscratch:…so I still don't know.

Claude.

I pulled mine off and nothing behind it.  Ir does give a nice view of the firewall stuff.

5 hours ago, Sage said:

I pulled mine off and nothing behind it.  Ir does give a nice view of the firewall stuff.

Likely a cost savings thing.  :(