2018 Edge Titanium Brakes grab at low speed. Too sensitive.

I have a 2018 Edge Titanium with 13000 miles on it now and the brake grabbing problem has not improved.  Dealership is not willing to attempt any fix saying all Edges and smaller Ford cars and SUVs do it so it is not a problem.  Sounds like a very big problem to me.  One that Ford just wants to ignore and hope it will go away.  Don't get me wrong, I have been a Ford man all my life (63 years old).  Just do not like being ignored about a problem that is so obvious and apparently an issue in most small Ford cars.

I am considering the "Lemon Law" to fight this.  Perhaps get my money back and a different car.  If enough people do this maybe Ford will be forced to do something.  Anybody got any tips how to make the "Lemon Law" work for you?  Supposedly if you have taken it in four times without getting the problem fixed and the problem will affect the resale value of the car negatively the Lemon Law can be applied.  I am sure if I tried to sell the car and someone drove it first thing in the morning they would not want to pay a high price due to the grabbing brakes.  Not to mention the SAFETY issues for people inside the car or close behind the car when it immediately STOPS uncontrollably.  

Looking for input from anybody to help with the Lemon Law approach.

Edited by larrysanford
Wrong model name used

I believe that the lemon laws are specific state by state. I had Ford buy back a 2006 Lincoln LS in California after about 40 days in the shop trying to fix some electrical problems. The process included arbitration which was accomplished in large part through a telephone conference. All in all a fairly easy and straight forward process.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have been to Two dealers and they say the same it feels right to us. it is not the same as when we purchased it. only has 19k miles. at a low speed the brakes feel as though there not going to grab then catch and jerk the veh.  Im sure if the edge was not under warranty they would want to bleed them or replace something.