On 1/14/2021 at 3:39 PM, mybrotherisanub said:

hey guys, I just bought a used 2017 SEL. I am looking to do this conversion. So, should I be looking for Explorer Platinum, MKX, MKZ clusters? Or anything else? Was anyone else able to get the Nautilus one to work? Or has anyone tried the new Escape or Explorer fully LCD one?

I was curious myself if it had to be MKX cluster or would the MKZ work as well?

10 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

IIRC the MKZ cluster will not fit. You have to use the cluster from a MKX or an Explorer Platinum. 

My "not so certain" information is that MKX, MKZ & Explorer Platinum will work.

Lincoln MKC will NOT work, even though it looks the same & would fit, it will not work due to it having a single fuel sender.

In all cases, you still need the Euro Edge Cluster Mask.

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello all. I am kind of new here, but wanted to share this with anyone who may be interested. I reached out to Robert Ingle (through FaceBook) as he has done these MKX swaps for many many Fusions. I was so impressed with his work, that I reached out to him to help me with one for my 2016 Edge Sport. Here is what I received. The cluster was out of a 2016 MKX that only had .5 miles on the odometer as it was totaled by hail damage before it ever left the dealership. He was able to source the mask and cluster as well as "reverse engineer" the firmware to work with my car. All I did was send him my VIN and the current mileage, he did the rest. Literally plug and play, EVERYTHING (adaptive cruise, lane keep, etc) worked as it should and I could not be happier.  He mentioned having a few masks for our cars left if anyone is interested in a true "turn-key" solution to adding an awesome IPC upgrade If interested, you should search for him on Facebook under his name.

IMG_8331_a.jpg

Edited by Todd2299
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I finally joined the club. I found an MKX Cluster with Km/h with less mileage than my Edge. Used ForScan to increase the odometer to match mine. Also used ForScan to copy the ABD from my Edge's cluster to the MKX, only the redline marking was missing, so using the ForScan "easy" configuration for the cluster (IPC) selected the redline range 1 & got the correct redline (Edit: also had to set 720-05-02: xxxx 17xx for the Fuel guage to work correctly).

As the MKX cluster was from a 2018 model, it already has the digital speedo in the middle.

As I had not done any "Firmware" programming (mainly to save $$$), I now have the MKX chimes for startup, door ajar & turn signals. Total cost was ~ $300/- (Cluster, Mask & shipping).

By the way, for information, the cluster with the MKX mask would not even go in. The tabs for the MKX are on the sides & hence it becomes too wide to go in. Maybe breaking off the tabs could have helped, but you'd risk breaking the Mask. So a EU/China Edge Mask is a must.

MKX.jpg

Edited by omar302
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

A question to those who did the MKX Cluster retrofit,  do your chimes work fine? Mine are now Lincoln chimes but the problem is they have noticeably lower volume. Also, I remember when closing the liftgate a warning chime used to come at the rear, this doesn't come anymore. I feel like the Lincoln Chimes are only coming from the front speakers instead of from front and back and hence the liftgate chimes not coming.

Note: The chimes are coming from the speakers, not from the IPC. So it is not that issue.

49 minutes ago, omar302 said:

No. None have it. 

They're standard on all the European models, however all of them are diesels.

Not sure about the middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific markets though. Maybe they have petrol versions of the Edge that would make a more straightforward swap?

Edited by niceonept

32 minutes ago, niceonept said:

They're standard on all the European models, however all of them are diesels.

Not sure about the middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific markets though. Maybe they have petrol versions of the Edge that would make a more straightforward swap?

Middle East, like mine, are similar to US. Same equipment & engines, only some additional cooling equipment & speedo in Km/h instead of MPH. Also FM radio has all frequencies. I already did the Cluster swap from a 2018 Canadian MKX.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 11:45 AM, omar302 said:

A question to those who did the MKX Cluster retrofit,  do your chimes work fine? Mine are now Lincoln chimes but the problem is they have noticeably lower volume. Also, I remember when closing the liftgate a warning chime used to come at the rear, this doesn't come anymore. I feel like the Lincoln Chimes are only coming from the front speakers instead of from front and back and hence the liftgate chimes not coming.

Note: The chimes are coming from the speakers, not from the IPC. So it is not that issue.

Can anyone confirm this? I also now confirmed that the liftgate closing chime & overspeed (+120km/h) chime don't come. If the chimes are switched to IPC they will come, but if the chimes are set to vehicle speakers they don't.

3 hours ago, omar302 said:

Can anyone confirm this? I also now confirmed that the liftgate closing chime & overspeed (+120km/h) chime don't come. If the chimes are switched to IPC they will come, but if the chimes are set to vehicle speakers they don't.

It's odd because I had the chimes but now I do not. I never had the overspeed chime.

3 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

It's odd because I had the chimes but now I do not. I never had the overspeed chime.

I suspect it is a mismatch between the Lincoln IPC's chime generator to the Ford Audio system, like some chimes or parts of them should have gone to a speaker(s) not available on the the Ford.

The overspeed chime is enabled for the GCC market, a single chime & a yellow indicator showing (>120). This can also be enabled/disabled using ForScan.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey hey, everyone. How has the long term experience been with these? 

Couple of things, Anyone have any issues? Ford give anyone any grief on them? What kind of costs have people seen with this swap? I saw in a post where someone recommended reaching out to a guy on FB but I dont have a FB account (I know, I know, what millennial doesn't?).

Anyway, it will be a couple of months before I take ownership of the car but was trying to be prepared. My family is doing a bit of a car swap and I am ending up with a 2020 Edge ST. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, HUTCHRED said:

Anyway, it will be a couple of months before I take ownership of the car but was trying to be prepared. My family is doing a bit of a car swap and I am ending up with a 2020 Edge ST.

I think you need to wait and see if it is possible to swap a 2019+ nautilus cluster in there. If you had a 15-18, I would say for the MKX cluster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

If anyone is interested I pulled mine from my 16 Edge a couple months ago and went back to stock.  It currently has custom firmware in it and I have some other custom firmware files for it.  It was programmed for my 16 Sport.  If anyone would be interested in it send me a PM for more details as this isn't the for sale section of the forum

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm what firmware files works with the MKX cluster on the Edge? Or where I can find them? My cluster currently is stick MKX and is working fine, but I'd like to switch to the Ford colors and it would also be nice to get the outside temperature display. 

On 12/5/2021 at 11:31 AM, jmr061 said:

If anyone is interested I pulled mine from my 16 Edge a couple months ago and went back to stock.  It currently has custom firmware in it and I have some other custom firmware files for it.  It was programmed for my 16 Sport.  If anyone would be interested in it send me a PM for more details as this isn't the for sale section of the forum

How much ya want for it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 8:57 PM, omar302 said:

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm what firmware files works with the MKX cluster on the Edge? Or where I can find them? My cluster currently is stick MKX and is working fine, but I'd like to switch to the Ford colors and it would also be nice to get the outside temperature display. 

Just an update, I found that the below are the EU Edge firmware files:

EU Edge (I think for later 2016 up to 2018. dated Aug. 25, 2016, they are with the thin needles and center digital speedometer?
GM2T-14C026-NE
GM2T-14C026-ANE
GM2T-14C088-NE
GM2T-14C088-ANE

Also found these for earlier build UK 2016 Edge (with thick needles but without center digital speedometer):
GM2T-14C026-NC
GM2T-14C026-ANC
GM2T-14C088-NC
GM2T-14C088-ANC

I also found out that with the Ford graphics and new "thin" needles, if the Cluster welcome startup was enabled the startup animation would show the thick needles (during the animation) and then change to the thin needles. This seems to be because when Ford started to use the "thin" needles on newer vehicles, the clusters were configured without the "welcome" animation turned on, hence the graphics animation for the welcome screen were never updated. So if you use any firmware with "thin" needles you need to disable the welcome screen.

Anyway, I have eventually settled (for the time being) on the FS7T firmware of the Fusion/Mondeo listed in the 2gfusion thread that include the thick needles, outside temperature display and correct animation. The Ford graphics & blue needles, in my opinion, are better looking than the Lincoln's. They also make them easier to read.

IPC Edge (1).jpg

IPC Edge (2).jpg