Jump to content
Ford Edge Forum
Tronjo

First impressions

Recommended Posts

Today picked my Edge ST: Magnetic, 20", 401A. Before it drove 2013 Limited and 2016 Sport, both with 401A . Here are my first impressions: It looks like Sport, but it is different animal. Smoother and quieter. The seats are probably the best I have ever been into. The balance between performance, convenience and enjoyment of driving is excellent.  And frankly, I don't care some saying that it "does not deserve the ST badge".  If Ford say it does, so be it.  And I believe that the next iteration will be even better.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on the new ST. Tell us more on the 2016 Sport vs 2019 ST differences please.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool info on the ST!  Pics of your new ride when you get a moment :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum!  Congrats!  Pics whenever you can. We like pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, omar302 said:

Congratulations on the new ST. Tell us more on the 2016 Sport vs 2019 ST differences please.

There is nothing much more I can say now on ST vs Sport. Maybe in a week or two or after a longer drive out town.  One thing that may sound strange, knowing that the coil stiffness had been increased,(front by 10% and rear by 20%), is that ST seems more agreeable to small bumps compare to Sport. I am driving the same streets as the last three years and ST is definitely more enjoyable. I am not sure that the stiffness increase I red about was relative to the Sport model and not the the regular Edge, never saw this directly claimed. So maybe the whole new suspension  redesign and tuning plays some role here .      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tronjo said:

I am not sure that the stiffness increase I red about was relative to the Sport model and not the the regular Edge, never saw this directly claimed.

I noticed the same thing when reading info released on the ST. Felt like they ignored that the Sport ever existed and did not state what exact improvements where made compared to the Sport. Thanks for the feedback. Also, did you have the 21" or 20" wheels on the Sport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, omar302 said:

I noticed the same thing when reading info released on the ST. Felt like they ignored that the Sport ever existed and did not state what exact improvements where made compared to the Sport. Thanks for the feedback. Also, did you have the 21" or 20" wheels on the Sport?

On the Sport I had 21".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×