SYNC3 Map Updates Available On Line

2 hours ago, jmr061 said:
Map updates are out....you can download them or have them sent to you via usb.

The site lists the options: https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home

Appears 16/17s have to pay but 18s and 19s are free for downloading.

Some vehicles may not be available yet.

Thanks for the heads up - a little pissed that I need to pay for my 2017 Sport.

Would be good to know how "up to date" this release is, ....... hate to pay and find the maps are as outdated as they were when I purchased my Sport.

Edited by 1004ron

17 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

Thanks for the heads up - a little pissed that I need to pay for my 2017 Sport.

Would be good to know how "up to date" this release is, ....... hate to pay and find the maps are as outdated as they were when I purchased my Sport.

extracted from the site home page looks like they will still be about 1.5 years old 

*With This Update You Will Find:

• New Roads
  • Speed Limit Updates
  • New Points-of-Interest
  • Updated Turn Restrictions and Traffic Changes

There may be thousands of navigation data points changing every day, but we’ll help you get there with care.

*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database between Q1 of 2017 and Q1 of 2018. Exact data may vary by product.

3 minutes ago, ONEDGE16 said:

extracted from the site home page looks like they will still be about 1.5 years old 

Thanks - I didn't scroll down that far, ..... just entered my VIN and Ser .

Seeing as there was major road changes in and around my city in 2017, I'll skip this one, unless there was a reliable way of checking, ......... might take a look at a new model at the dealership in a couple of months.

1 hour ago, 1004ron said:

Thanks - I didn't scroll down that far, ..... just entered my VIN and Ser .

Seeing as there was major road changes in and around my city in 2017, I'll skip this one, unless there was a reliable way of checking, ......... might take a look at a new model at the dealership in a couple of months.

The updated maps will cover all road changes up to Q1 2018. So if the major changes in your city were in 2017, they should be included in this update. Any map updates from Q2 2018 to current date would not be included in the update

Edited by ONEDGE16

Did the download on my MacBook Pro, and the vehicle wont respond to the USB, put it in my old Windows laptop and it doesn't read it, which explains why the car wont.

Going to try the whole process again with Windows.

Edit: lesson learnt, use my Windows laptop for this type of thing.

Its installed and map version went from NA 1 15 to NA 1 18 , and my street shows.

Edited by 1004ron

1 minute ago, ONEDGE16 said:

How long did it take for the install. The full 60 minutes advertised or less?

60 or just over 60 minutes.

Took a slow drive to the car wash and got back home and still had about 20 minutes to wait .

During the process the "system updating" notice at the top of the screen disappeared, which got me worried that it had faulted, but good that I used a USB with an LED because I could see it still flashing.

This morning I used the Navigation for the first time going to work.

1) It routed me off the interstate at the next exit which is not the exit used previously -  had the same happen previously with one of my Garmin updates, then a later update corrected that.

2) The map orientation on the screen is different - now the top of the screen is always North, whereas before it kept your route facing the top of the screen - something I might get accustomed to, but doubt it - when approaching a turn the orientation of the pop-up on the right of the screen is way different to the map which is compressed on the left, which looks really odd.

Edited by 1004ron

6 hours ago, westville said:

Touch the arrow Icon when in map display and the screen orientation will change to what you prefer

and use the plus and minus icons to zoom in or out

Spend a few minutes playing with settings and you will soon find how to achieve what you like best

Thanks.

Saves me going to the owners manual this evening, because on the way home from work I realized that it's not something that will grow on me.

IMG_3805.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3806.JPG

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 7.03.15 PM.png

Edited by 1004ron