Driving in La La Land

Xtra

As I understand when in the carpool lane with a white line on my side it means that I can exit the lane . The double yellow line means you cannot enter the carpool lane. This guy in the white truck has other ideas. He was behind us two lanes over and had to speed up to catch us.

Great videos.  Also good to learn from them.   Don't have a dash cam yet, but have been thinking of getting one, although the wife and I really haven't had many problems with bad drivers.   Only two so far this year, that I remember.   One in Arizona, the wife changed lanes, was 60 foot in front of some gal in a van and was honked at.  Really have no idea why.  The van driver then changed lanes and came along side of us at the stop light.  Have no idea what she was saying, had the windows up, but the mouth was moving and got a few hand jesters.   The wife ignored her and I just looked at her, but did nothing.  Didn't see the point.  The second one was on the interstate in Las Vegas.  Driver in car changed lanes in front of us, was so close it startled us.  The driver was gone in less then 5 seconds, he/she was moving.    

We do get a lot of drivers who come up to an intersection fast where they have a stop sign.  Always makes me nervous on if they are going to stop or not.  Always do, but I wish they would come to the stop sign slower. 

• Like 1

Just had a guy today try & cut me off because he got in the wrong lane & tried to force me off the road.  He eventually even got out of the car & tried to open my door.  Luckily I saw him coming & locked all the doors.  Sad part was, he was in a mini van, full of kids 16 & under.  I feel really sorry for them.  Whole thing would have been avoided if he would have slowed down & got behind me as there was no one behind me.

He was mouthing something at me like "Get the F*** out of the car, I'm going to beat your ass"....i just looked at him & gave him a thumbs up & kept saying good job.  He then proceeded to follow me for several miles weaving in & out of traffic.  When he eventually turned, he got up to my door & laid on the horn.  I rolled down the window & clapped.  He then tried to get back on the busy road & follow me.  I really don't understand people.  Guy was clearly in the wrong, but seems like he has some anger issues.  I did escalate the issue by rolling down the window & clapping, but this guy need some anger management or something, lol. 

• Like 1

Moved from:  What have you done to.

Recorded a very close call with my dash cam yesterday. This driver ran a red light and just missed being broadsided by a city bus. It was a matter of inches to a bad T-Bone crash.

Edited by Xtra

This is sad,  Kevin Hart had a bad accident with his new 700+ HP car and it happened not that far from where I live . I drove past the crash site on Sunday and by the looks of it he gave it some throttle the tires broke loose and it was like skating on ice. There are many videos of this happening on you tube but this time someone was injured. 700HP is no joke and it takes getting use to. Get well soon Kevin you are in our payers.

****   Turns out his car had 1,000 hp and was a carbon light weight wonder with no roll bar.

Edited by Xtra

On 9/12/2019 at 8:18 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Given the driving scene these days, not surprised.  Those drivers may have been perfect the rest of the drive, and just got tuckered out for that moment.  Following their journey and talking to them is the only way to know.

Also if there is a way to easily blot out license plates, please do it.

The camera just records their actions at that moment in time and I have no way of blocking out the plates, I would if I could. All it takes is one mistake no matter the reason, distracted or tuckered out. One of my videos helped solve an argument with the Insurance Co. over who was at fault in a crash. It was a video just like the ones I posted above except there was contact.. the fellow lying had to eat some crow on that one and the other person was vindicated.  

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

And then there was this great parking job, blocking the exit from the parking lot. They were only there for around 7>10 minutes, but still inconvenienced two cars trying to leave. . He was picking up food at the restaurant I was at, a possible Grub Hub delivery service driver ? 

IMG_2525.JPG

Edited by Xtra

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Given the driving scene these days, not surprised.  Those drivers may have been perfect the rest of the drive, and just got tuckered out for that moment.  Following their journey and talking to them is the only way to know.

Also if there is a way to easily blot out license plates, please do it.

Exactly why is this recommended?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...