Engine cover for 2020 Edge Titanium 2.0L ??

cdestuck

So I bought a Titanium Edge, 2020, about a month ago.  Washed it today and thought I’d wipe down the engine cover afterwards. Open the hood and surprise.   No engine cover.  Just a whole bunch of wire looms and all kinds of stuff.   I did see two studs across the front that it looks like a cover could snap onto.   

I call my dealer and they claimed the parts lookup says there is none to be on the engine.   Can anyone else with a 2020 with the 2 liter engine has or has no cover on their engine.   Thanks.  I’ll try to attach a engine pic.  Pretty ugly. 

0AD92D49-ADB8-4825-BD33-7A0E0679A7A5.jpeg

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, cdestuck said:

Can anyone else with a 2020 with the 2 liter engine has or has no cover on their engine. 

Ford deleted the engine covers and one of the earlier model's two horns in 2019.  As you're seeing in several responses replacement covers are easily found though I'd opt for an auto wrecking yard to pick up a cover (and another horn) for a couple of bucks.

BTW if it took until a first wash to look under the hood of your new car I'm going to guess you haven't explored the rear storage area under the carpet either.  Take a peek.  You might not have a spare tire or tire changing tools. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had to buy the engine hood blanket from ford parts dept.they stopped putting them on @ factory,I feel it's a nessary part of the car, protects hood paint from heat,sound insulation,protects washer fluid lines from dry rot, cost me $132 from parts dept.snapped rite in under the hood comes w/fastened that pop rite into pre made holes in hood.parts dept guy couldn't believe it wasn't factory installed on my sel.it belongs on the car!,

Edited by Engr146

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2020 at 5:42 PM, Zoomer said:

Does Engine Cover - Ford (K2GZ-6A949-A) come with mounting hardware? From ordering sites it looks like I also need Engine Cover Mount Stud - Ford (AG9Z-00812-D), but there also appears to be snap on plastic ball studs that I cannot find.

I just ordered one and they said no. You also need a bolt, stud and nut. I challenged how many of each and they said I needed of each and they confirmed one. I will know next week when the parts come in.

• Like 1

On the subject of Engine Cover, found this stated in the 2015 Edge Source Book:

NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) Features
Powertrain

• Active Noise Control (2.7L): powertrain sound
quality is optimized, canceling low frequency
unwanted engine noise to deliver refinement during
acceleration and idle events
• Air induction system resistive silencers (2.7L, 2.0L):
Silencers implemented in turbo ducts to minimize
high frequency broadband whoosh noises created by
the turbocharger system
Acoustic engine cover
• Engine and transmission hydromounts (2.7L):
Optimized powertrain mounting system to control
and attenuate undesirable engine/transmission
vibration and sound into the vehicle

• 2 weeks later...

Follow Up: I tried to order one from a dealer whose site looked like ONEDGE16's post. They kicked it back stating "not equipped" as per OP. They also indicated that the "on line" catalog was not the same as FOMOCO catalog, and less reliable. Has anyone actually installed a K2GZ-6A949-A on a 2019-20 model? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I have.  There are 2 studs on the front that are made into the Exhaust manifold.  They hold the front just fine.  The drivers side on the back needs a short ball stud.  The passenger side in the back has some sort of stud and sleeve with a nut on it.  I cannot get any confirmation from anyone what exactly that is.  I have been to the Lincoln deal to look at a Nautilus, and they weren't any help either.  The Ford cover is identical to the Lincoln, it just says Ford.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply. As you can see from the attached pic, I have installed my cover. The passenger side stud is AG9Z-00812-D, the part itself seems overly complicated for what it seems to do. I would guess a standard hex bolt would serve the same function, perhaps with a nylon bushing on the threads and a washer under the head, but what do I know, use your own very good judgement. I am having somewhat of a problem identifying the correct stud part # for the drivers side, if anyone knows pls let me know. I bought the hood liner at the same time and am very happy with the resultant quieting of the injection noise, I guess if you are losing big bucks you do what you have to, but REALLY?

20200512_150604[1].jpg

Edited by Zoomer
punctuation

• 1 month later...
  • 1004ron changed the title to Engine cover for 2020 Edge Titanium 2.0L ??
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 4:44 PM, Zoomer said:

Thanks for the reply. As you can see from the attached pic, I have installed my cover. The passenger side stud is AG9Z-00812-D, the part itself seems overly complicated for what it seems to do. I would guess a standard hex bolt would serve the same function, perhaps with a nylon bushing on the threads and a washer under the head, but what do I know, use your own very good judgement. I am having somewhat of a problem identifying the correct stud part # for the drivers side, if anyone knows pls let me know. I bought the hood liner at the same time and am very happy with the resultant quieting of the injection noise, I guess if you are losing big bucks you do what you have to, but REALLY?

20200512_150604[1].jpg

I'd love to do this to my 2019 SE. Can you list out every part you had to order and where from?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...