Disappointed with Livernois tuner for 2.0L...

2FAST4U

The following is just my opinion and not saying LMS is not a good company.  I have had LMS tune since just a couple of weeks after getting my ST and have had my ST for over a year now.  Now, I like the tune and the options with the level of tunes you can get from LMS, but.  After working with them by phone and waiting for a few days for replies by email and waiting for the next level of tune.  I am beginning to wonder once they have some tune setups for certain vehicles, like the ST, but not really anything else, the ST is now on the back burner.  

Now, if you have a Mustang or other similar vehicles, where they know owners want more and more of those vehicles are modified, you are the ones they want to sell too?  I can understand that, but only to a point.  If any company will not fully  support all customers and have decided they will not update any further, than be honest and tell your customers.  Yes, I know that does not happen for business reasons, money.  

12 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

yes I know how strategy codes work and tuning. Never seen anyone wait longer than 48hrs

Well this is for a 2.0 so who knows how many of the owners look for tunes on these models.  My last update which had a new code took 3 days if I recall but I sent that in on a Friday, the 3 days did not count the weekend either.   I am  not sure what year he has though, I did not see him specify the year.  I am sure he will get it though eventually. 

30 minutes ago, Sage said:

The following is just my opinion and not saying LMS is not a good company.  I have had LMS tune since just a couple of weeks after getting my ST and have had my ST for over a year now.  Now, I like the tune and the options with the level of tunes you can get from LMS, but.  After working with them by phone and waiting for a few days for replies by email and waiting for the next level of tune.  I am beginning to wonder once they have some tune setups for certain vehicles, like the ST, but not really anything else, the ST is now on the back burner.  

Now, if you have a Mustang or other similar vehicles, where they know owners want more and more of those vehicles are modified, you are the ones they want to sell too?  I can understand that, but only to a point.  If any company will not fully  support all customers and have decided they will not update any further, than be honest and tell your customers.  Yes, I know that does not happen for business reasons, money.  

Well not many people tune their ST's, at least as of right now, and there are most likely a lot less of them out there compared to of course other vehicles.  I am sure it is not as important and also the same reason COBB does not care enough to make their AccessPort work with them or supply the canned tunes they do for other Ford's.  There just is most likely not a whole lot of money in Edge ST tunes. 

1 hour ago, jamie1073 said:

Well not many people tune their ST's, at least as of right now, and there are most likely a lot less of them out there compared to of course other vehicles.  I am sure it is not as important and also the same reason COBB does not care enough to make their AccessPort work with them or supply the canned tunes they do for other Ford's.  There just is most likely not a whole lot of money in Edge ST tunes. 

yep

20 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

Still haven't heard from Livernois since Jan 24th. when I sent them the info they needed to "build" some tunes for me… :(  I wonder why it's taking so long… :shrug:

Claude.

I would call them and see what is up.  That is far to long.  I had to call them on my first tune because they seemed to have 'forgot' about it. 

3 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Still haven't heard from Livernois since Jan 24th. when I sent them the info they needed to "build" some tunes for me… :(  I wonder why it's taking so long… :shrug:

Claude.

Have you tried running the program with the MyCalibrator connected to your PC? This happened to me too. They just forgot to email me... the tune was 'waiting' to be sync'd to the MyCalibrator.

On 3 février 2020 at 9:26 AM, 2FAST4U said:

Still haven't heard from Livernois since Jan 24th….   I wonder why it's taking so long… :shrug:

Claude.

I finally was able to "talk to someone" at Livernois today and was told that the guy who was taking care of me last time is gone on vacation … :rant2:

Claude.:waiting:

On 2/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, 2FAST4U said:

I finally was able to "talk to someone" at Livernois today and was told that the guy who was taking care of me last time is gone on vacation … :rant2:

Claude.:waiting:

Oh this sounds like its just gonna go round and round in circles. I would throw a “I’d like a refund“ message at them and see how they reapond

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

Oh this sounds like its just gonna go round and round in circles. I would throw a “I’d like a refund“ message at them and see how they reapond

I was able to speak to someone yesterday and was told that I'd receive a tune the next day (today).  Well I checked this morning and indeed I received a tune but I was expecting to receive more than only one !… I downloaded it in my programmer but haven't downloaded it in my Edge yet because we're in the middle of a snowstorm right now and will not be able to drive and "try" the car to see the difference the tune will (hopefully) do… :play:

More later...

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, 2FAST4U said:

I was able to speak to someone yesterday and was told that I'd receive a tune the next day (today).  Well I checked this morning and indeed I received a tune but I was expecting to receive more than only one !… I downloaded it in my programmer but haven't downloaded it in my Edge yet because we're in the middle of a snowstorm right now and will not be able to drive and "try" the car to see the difference the tune will (hopefully) do… :play:

More later...

Claude.

When you look at the programmer you should have three tunes, an 87-89, 91, and 93 tune.  At least that is what I ended up getting for my ST.  Unless you request something else like a Towing tune that is what you get. 

3 hours ago, jamie1073 said:

When you look at the programmer you should have three tunes, an 87-89, 91, and 93 tune.  At least that is what I ended up getting for my ST.  Unless you request something else like a Towing tune that is what you get. 

I know, I asked them for three tunes, one for 87-89 octane, one for 94+ octane and last a "crazy" (or a "race" one)… but I only got one. :cry: What bugs me is that I paid $500. for the tuner + another $200. (duty fees and exchange rate ) so that thing ends up costing me $700. (CAN)…. and all this for only one tune?… :rant:

Claude.

P.S: I'm going to call them this coming week to try to have them "build" me some more tunes but I dunno how it will turn out.. :shrug:

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2020 at 9:52 PM, handfiler said:

Any updates on this Claude?

Yes... I uploaded the tune they sent me and although it performs  good, I should have done a "back-to back" test to compare the performance gains. Now the only way to compare between the stock and performance tunes would be for me to re-load the stock tune, drive it to get the "feel" and then re-load the performance tune and drive it again and do a comparison. I called Livernois and told them that I found it a little expensive for only one tune but it turned out that I was wrong...? It includes "lifetime free tunes"! ? So I will drive it the way it is now for a while and ask them for a "hotter" tune in a few months.

Claude. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

...?It includes "lifetime free tunes"! ? So I will drive it the way it is now for a while and ask them for a "hotter" tune in a few months.

Claude. ?

For the 2015-2018 Edge Sport, their "lifetime" free tuned stopped after their V3. Which was back in November 2017. And only for 91 octane & above.

Before buying it myself, I had higher expectations from them. Now regret I did not go with one of the other tuners that could be used on other vehicles or offer more customization such as showing the current gear indicator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omar302 said:

For the 2015-2018 Edge Sport, their "lifetime" free tuned stopped after their V3. Which was back in November 2017. And only for 91 octane & above.

Before buying it myself, I had higher expectations from them. Now regret I did not go with one of the other tuners that could be used on other vehicles or offer more customization such as showing the current gear indicator.

It seems like they are the first on the scene with a product but quickly move on to the next project without fully developing/supporting the last one.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since I bought my programmer I always wondered if there were going to be more "hotter" tunes for it.  I e-mailed Livernois to ask for better tunes and here's what I wrote:

"I did download the program you sent me and although it runs fine, I didn't see such a big improvement over stock so this is why I'm asking. One other thing… Is it possible that the program disabled the engine's "Auto-start and stop" feature?"

and this is the reply I got: 

"Thank you for your inquiry.

I am very sorry to hear of this.  The tune you have currently shows it's the latest most powerful tune ever released for the 19 Edge 2.0L and is also currently in use on a couple hundred vehicles at this point and we've had nothing but great results and positive feedback from all customers.  I've re-written the tune and run it through a comparison app to check the file you have now and it shows everything's spot on as it should be and also shows me that your Automatic Start / Stop system has already been disabled in your tune you currently have as well.  
So if you believe you have been running the tune this whole time and you are still seeing the start stop system is activated at a stop it honestly sounds like you may not have the custom tuning installed since that's off in all the 2.0L tunes unless a customer specifically asks us to keep it active.  If the start stop is on, then it honestly sounds like you may have been using the factory tune all along which would explain why it doesn't feel any more powerful.  If something wasn't quite right the last time you tried turning the vehicle it would automatically go into recovery mode and returns the stock tune to the vehicle which I"ve seen happen. If you aren't paying close attention you''d think it was the performance tune you've installed since the process is nearly identical if you don't watch every message on the device closely enough.  I had a guy this morning for example that forgot to turn off his electronics and got a phone call during programming which turned his radio back on and the tuner stopped installing the custom tune, and immediately reverted back to the stock tune and he thought it was installing the custom tune.  So same deal he called saying his start stop was still on and that he didn't feel any power increase, so I walked him through loading the tune again and it's a whole new animal and has S/S disabled now.  It's just so strange we have a ton of positive feedback on how strong this tune is and how much better the vehicle's shift when tuned, so you should definitely be feeling a difference at full throttle especially without a doubt.  
I would like to have you start out by installing the latest version of our Mycal PC app on your computer and then use that to update your device since your tuner is out of date firmware / OS wise.  Once you've updated the tuner again it's going to download a fresh copy of the 91-93 performance tune I just had re-written and personally verified the auto start stop is off in this tune also.  Oce finished updating I'd like you to re-install the tune to the car so long as you've been using premium fuel 91 octane or higher for the last tank or more to start over again with a fresh installation.  Then once you start the vehicle you should not see the auto start stop is coming on any longer which is one way to know for certain that it took the tune successfully.  I could even walk through the install or update over the phone with you if needed to make certain you are getting everything done correctly.  Here's a link below to download the latest version of the Mycal app which you'll need to install before you can download the tune again.  Then just let me know if you need a hand and we can always walk through it with you to make sure you are fully programming the custom tune to the vehicle.  Thanks again for your business and I hope you have a great weekend Claude!"

so I replied this:

"Hi and thank you for your lenghty reply, I appreciate. Don’t get me wrong… I’m not saying that the tune is bad…It’s just that I was expectig more, that’s all. I don’t know what should I do now… One thing I know is that the « Start&Stop » feature is disabled now so this might be an indication that the tune you sent me is properly loaded… —> To make sure, I’m wondering if I should reload the stock tune and see if the performance decreases and also if the « Stop&Start » feature will come back on…
I’m a little surprised (and disapointed too) that the tune disables the « Start&Stop » feature. No one warned me that it would get disabled. Do you think there would be a way to have the same tune but WITH the S&S feature enabled?
Please let me know what you think I should do…
thank you, regards..."

So now, I'm waiting for them to reply to me. In the meantime it does annoys me that the tune disabled the "Start&Stop" feature.   :swear:   I just hope I'll be able to get the same tune but WITH the "S&S" enabled.

I'll post some results as soon as I get a reply.

Claude. :)

• 2 weeks later...

After a few days, Livernois sent me a "revised" version of the same tune I had but with the "start&stop" feature enabled.:thumbsup:They also told explained that to benefit from the tune, that I needed to fill up with the fuel with the highest octane available. I still have to wait until I'm running low on fuel so I can fill-up with higher octane so until then, I am driving it "easy". 

Claude.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:44 PM, 2FAST4U said:

After a few days, Livernois sent me a "revised" version of the same tune I had but with the "start&stop" feature enabled.:thumbsup:They also told explained that to benefit from the tune, that I needed to fill up with the fuel with the highest octane available. I still have to wait until I'm running low on fuel so I can fill-up with higher octane so until then, I am driving it "easy". 

Claude.

Any update on this? I'm curious if there's a noticeable gain and for gods sake... Better transmission mapping. 

On 5/31/2020 at 11:57 AM, IcyFridge said:

Bumping this. As I am seriously considering the LMS tuner. Is the performance and shifting noticeably improved? I run 93 octane only anyways. 

My advice is to wait before jumping on this... At the price it costs me, I'm very disappointed with the results (or lack of...). I have another tuner for my diesel truck and after I tuned it, whoa!...It wasn't the same truck anymore!!... but this doesn't happen with the Livernois tuner, sorry.  If I knew that before, I wouldn't have bought it.. ?

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U