Sign in to follow this  
2FAST4U

Livernois tuner and throttle enhancer for 2.0L questions...

The following is just my opinion and not saying LMS is not a good company.  I have had LMS tune since just a couple of weeks after getting my ST and have had my ST for over a year now.  Now, I like the tune and the options with the level of tunes you can get from LMS, but.  After working with them by phone and waiting for a few days for replies by email and waiting for the next level of tune.  I am beginning to wonder once they have some tune setups for certain vehicles, like the ST, but not really anything else, the ST is now on the back burner.  

Now, if you have a Mustang or other similar vehicles, where they know owners want more and more of those vehicles are modified, you are the ones they want to sell too?  I can understand that, but only to a point.  If any company will not fully  support all customers and have decided they will not update any further, than be honest and tell your customers.  Yes, I know that does not happen for business reasons, money.  

12 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

yes I know how strategy codes work and tuning. Never seen anyone wait longer than 48hrs

Well this is for a 2.0 so who knows how many of the owners look for tunes on these models.  My last update which had a new code took 3 days if I recall but I sent that in on a Friday, the 3 days did not count the weekend either.   I am  not sure what year he has though, I did not see him specify the year.  I am sure he will get it though eventually. 

30 minutes ago, Sage said:

The following is just my opinion and not saying LMS is not a good company.  I have had LMS tune since just a couple of weeks after getting my ST and have had my ST for over a year now.  Now, I like the tune and the options with the level of tunes you can get from LMS, but.  After working with them by phone and waiting for a few days for replies by email and waiting for the next level of tune.  I am beginning to wonder once they have some tune setups for certain vehicles, like the ST, but not really anything else, the ST is now on the back burner.  

Now, if you have a Mustang or other similar vehicles, where they know owners want more and more of those vehicles are modified, you are the ones they want to sell too?  I can understand that, but only to a point.  If any company will not fully  support all customers and have decided they will not update any further, than be honest and tell your customers.  Yes, I know that does not happen for business reasons, money.  

Well not many people tune their ST's, at least as of right now, and there are most likely a lot less of them out there compared to of course other vehicles.  I am sure it is not as important and also the same reason COBB does not care enough to make their AccessPort work with them or supply the canned tunes they do for other Ford's.  There just is most likely not a whole lot of money in Edge ST tunes. 

1 hour ago, jamie1073 said:

Well not many people tune their ST's, at least as of right now, and there are most likely a lot less of them out there compared to of course other vehicles.  I am sure it is not as important and also the same reason COBB does not care enough to make their AccessPort work with them or supply the canned tunes they do for other Ford's.  There just is most likely not a whole lot of money in Edge ST tunes. 

yep

Unfortunately Torrie does not offer a tune for the 2.0. Which is sad cause you would have had the file in less than 5hrs 

• Like 1

Still haven't heard from Livernois since Jan 24th. when I sent them the info they needed to "build" some tunes for me… :(  I wonder why it's taking so long… :shrug:

Claude.

20 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

Still haven't heard from Livernois since Jan 24th. when I sent them the info they needed to "build" some tunes for me… :(  I wonder why it's taking so long… :shrug:

Claude.

I would call them and see what is up.  That is far to long.  I had to call them on my first tune because they seemed to have 'forgot' about it. 

3 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Claude.

Have you tried running the program with the MyCalibrator connected to your PC? This happened to me too. They just forgot to email me... the tune was 'waiting' to be sync'd to the MyCalibrator.

On 3 février 2020 at 9:26 AM, 2FAST4U said:

Still haven't heard from Livernois since Jan 24th….   I wonder why it's taking so long… :shrug:

Claude.

I finally was able to "talk to someone" at Livernois today and was told that the guy who was taking care of me last time is gone on vacation … :rant2:

Claude.:waiting:

On 2/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, 2FAST4U said:

I finally was able to "talk to someone" at Livernois today and was told that the guy who was taking care of me last time is gone on vacation … :rant2:

Claude.:waiting:

Oh this sounds like its just gonna go round and round in circles. I would throw a “I’d like a refund“ message at them and see how they reapond

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

Oh this sounds like its just gonna go round and round in circles. I would throw a “I’d like a refund“ message at them and see how they reapond

I was able to speak to someone yesterday and was told that I'd receive a tune the next day (today).  Well I checked this morning and indeed I received a tune but I was expecting to receive more than only one !… I downloaded it in my programmer but haven't downloaded it in my Edge yet because we're in the middle of a snowstorm right now and will not be able to drive and "try" the car to see the difference the tune will (hopefully) do… :play:

More later...

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, 2FAST4U said:

I was able to speak to someone yesterday and was told that I'd receive a tune the next day (today).  Well I checked this morning and indeed I received a tune but I was expecting to receive more than only one !… I downloaded it in my programmer but haven't downloaded it in my Edge yet because we're in the middle of a snowstorm right now and will not be able to drive and "try" the car to see the difference the tune will (hopefully) do… :play:

More later...

Claude.

When you look at the programmer you should have three tunes, an 87-89, 91, and 93 tune.  At least that is what I ended up getting for my ST.  Unless you request something else like a Towing tune that is what you get. 

3 hours ago, jamie1073 said:

When you look at the programmer you should have three tunes, an 87-89, 91, and 93 tune.  At least that is what I ended up getting for my ST.  Unless you request something else like a Towing tune that is what you get. 

I know, I asked them for three tunes, one for 87-89 octane, one for 94+ octane and last a "crazy" (or a "race" one)… but I only got one. :cry: What bugs me is that I paid $500. for the tuner + another $200. (duty fees and exchange rate ) so that thing ends up costing me $700. (CAN)…. and all this for only one tune?… :rant:

Claude.

P.S: I'm going to call them this coming week to try to have them "build" me some more tunes but I dunno how it will turn out.. :shrug:

On 3/17/2020 at 9:52 PM, handfiler said:

Any updates on this Claude?

Yes... I uploaded the tune they sent me and although it performs  good, I should have done a "back-to back" test to compare the performance gains. Now the only way to compare between the stock and performance tunes would be for me to re-load the stock tune, drive it to get the "feel" and then re-load the performance tune and drive it again and do a comparison. I called Livernois and told them that I found it a little expensive for only one tune but it turned out that I was wrong...😯 It includes "lifetime free tunes"! 🤩 So I will drive it the way it is now for a while and ask them for a "hotter" tune in a few months.

Claude. 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

...😯It includes "lifetime free tunes"! 🤩 So I will drive it the way it is now for a while and ask them for a "hotter" tune in a few months.

Claude. 😀

For the 2015-2018 Edge Sport, their "lifetime" free tuned stopped after their V3. Which was back in November 2017. And only for 91 octane & above.

Before buying it myself, I had higher expectations from them. Now regret I did not go with one of the other tuners that could be used on other vehicles or offer more customization such as showing the current gear indicator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omar302 said:

For the 2015-2018 Edge Sport, their "lifetime" free tuned stopped after their V3. Which was back in November 2017. And only for 91 octane & above.

Before buying it myself, I had higher expectations from them. Now regret I did not go with one of the other tuners that could be used on other vehicles or offer more customization such as showing the current gear indicator.

It seems like they are the first on the scene with a product but quickly move on to the next project without fully developing/supporting the last one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, handfiler said:

It seems like they are the first on the scene with a product but quickly move on to the next project without fully developing/supporting the last one.

so very true, I wish I had gone with another company.

• Like 2