Sign in to follow this  
Shadow ST

I like my 2020 Edge ST but it is lacking in a few areas

I have a Pixel 2 as well. I use my phone in the cubby with no issues. I'm suffering from the notorious Pixel blues-tooth connectivity issues.  Not overly happy with Pixel QC these days. I'm thinking of going with the OnePlus 7pro

45 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

I have a Pixel 2 as well. I use my phone in the cubby with no issues. I'm suffering from the notorious Pixel blues-tooth connectivity issues.  Not overly happy with Pixel QC these days. I'm thinking of going with the OnePlus 7pro

For the price I am pretty happy with the Pixel 3a. I when I found my lose Pixel it had tire track from the tires I had just install on our North golf cart, and the screen was distroyed. The replacement Pixel would not charge, so they sent me the Pixel 2. Lately is was missing calls and slow to dial. After a lot of looking, I bought the Pixel 3a. Chris

1 hour ago, onyxbfly said:

I'm thinking of going with the OnePlus 7pro

I have had mine since August, recommend it highly. My only issue with it is that it doesn't have wireless charging.

1 hour ago, Snoking said:

For the price I am pretty happy with the Pixel 3a. I when I found my lose Pixel it had tire track from the tires I had just install on our North golf cart, and the screen was distroyed. The replacement Pixel would not charge, so they sent me the Pixel 2. Lately is was missing calls and slow to dial. After a lot of looking, I bought the Pixel 3a. Chris

A nice phone for the price but no card slot is a no go for those with an aversion to cloud storage. 64 GB doesn't work for me.

So the new 2020 Edge ST has Sync ver 3.4. The turn by turn instructions show up on the left side on the Nav screen. I find no way to select them on the right hand cluster display.

IMG_20200628_101020.jpg

So Friday we did a road trip and another today. 256 Miles and 10.939 gals or 23.4 MPG hand calculated and 22.8 on the lie-o-meter. Not bad given I was driving a little aggressive. 🤩

Edited by Snoking

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

I have had mine since August, recommend it highly. My only issue with it is that it doesn't have wireless charging.

Hoping for one for my birthday next month! If not I might just pull the trigger on it! Wireless charging is nice but not a neccesity. I work in the field and I'm rarely at my desk.  But due to covid-19 I do have to physically go in a 2x a week. It would definitely be a bonus!

5 hours ago, Snoking said:

So the new 2020 Edge ST has Sync ver 3.4. The turn by turn instructions show up on the left side on the Nav screen. I find no way to select them on the right hand cluster display.

IMG_20200628_101020.jpg

Here is a youtube that runs through the IDC features on a 2019 edge. FF to  8:20. He states that the turn by turn directions are displayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzSJV_4sX4

Edited by onyxbfly

1 hour ago, onyxbfly said:

Hoping for one for my birthday next month! If not I might just pull the trigger on it! Wireless charging is nice but not a necessity. I work in the field and I'm rarely at my desk.  But due to covid-19 I do have to physically go in a 2x a week. It would definitely be a bonus!

Yes, wireless charging isn't necessary but would have been nice especially that I usually charge my phone at night, so would have been a nice "quirk" when placing the phone down at night. The phone's battery life is great and rarely do i have to charge it during the day. Also, if you are serious about it, act fast as the stocks are finishing soon due to the newer models.

Last off-topic post. 😀

11 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Here is a youtube that runs through the IDC features on a 2019 edge. FF to  8:20. He states that the turn by turn directions are displayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzSJV_4sX4

I think that is for vehicles with OEM Navigation. Smart phone / google maps does not have a Navigation selelction in the right display, just phone and entertainment. 

2 hours ago, Snoking said:

I think that is for vehicles with OEM Navigation. Smart phone / google maps does not have a Navigation selelction in the right display, just phone and entertainment. 

When you select navigation on the right IDC, do you see a compass? If so the next time you use waze or google maps it will display turn by turn instructions.  Next time I'm out I'll snap a pic.

31 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

When you select navigation on the right IDC, do you see a compass? If so the next time you use waze or google maps it will display turn by turn instructions.  Next time I'm out I'll snap a pic.

There is no Navigation showing up as a selection in the right hand display. Just Phone and Entertainment

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Snoking said:

There is no Navigation showing up as a selection in the right hand display. Just Phone and Entertainment

Odd....Perhaps some other ST owners can shed some light on it for us.

I would suggest going to the dealership and show them the Youtube I posted above. It may have been removed my mistake its a simple fix that they can do with IDS.

12 hours ago, Snoking said:

5 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

I would suggest going to the dealership and show them the Youtube I posted above. It may have been removed my mistake its a simple fix that they can do with IDS.

I think it is because he does not have Navigation in Sync 3. Therefore, the instrument cluster is setup for "Phone" & "Entertainment" only. Don't think any dealer will help in this case. Maybe try to enable the "Navigation" screen in the instrument cluster using ForScan, but don't know if the directions would work since there is no OEM Navigation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omar302 said:

I think it is because he does not have Navigation in Sync 3. Therefore, the instrument cluster is setup for "Phone" & "Entertainment" only. Don't think any dealer will help in this case. Maybe try to enable the "Navigation" screen in the instrument cluster using ForScan, but don't know if the directions would work since there is no OEM Navigation.

That makes total sense. I stand corrected. I always forget that that SYNC is available without navigation. @Snoking Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks guys, it is good to know that I am not crazy! Getting my DW trained on all the features is going to be an on going thing. It is easy to bump the rear wiper button on the wiper control, which is a confusing control to use anyway. Push it forward to wash rear window and pull it back to wash front window. Etc Etc. I lost the lane keeping in the left display and played with settings to no avail until I found the switch on the end of the turn signal stock and got bumped. 

Progress is being made, however we are dealing with insurance companies on Buick and yesterday I took DW back to the ER because on a new pain, turns out she has a cracked rib. 

The DW got t-bone in the front fender and wheel, it was really lucky that it was not in the drivers door, as the injuries would have been a lot worst. The impact spun the car around, if the red light runner had hit the door, the impact would have been greater.

IMG_20200622_110452.jpg

Edited by Snoking

Sorry to hear that! Wishing her a speedy recovery!

Thanks. She loved the 2004 Rainier. Only 70K on the clock.