Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BobD

HELP! Reverse Tilting Mirror Issue

Recommended Posts

I have 3500 miles on my 2019 Edge Titanium. Up till 1 week ago my side mirrors tilted when in reverse. Once they stopped tilting I returned to my dealer and explained the issue. After diagnosing and having no trouble code appear and told me I don't have automatic tilting mirrors in reverse. BIZARRE!!!  I am not crazy. They did tilt for over 3475 miles of use . . . . then mysteriously they quit. The dealership is telling me there is nothing they can do and I understand this on their part . . . BUT . . . they did tilt and I have no reason to lie. I can just let if go but would like to have that feature work again. My build sheet does not show I have that feature after checking. I wish it did so I could show them but sadly it doesn't.  I am not imagining things nor trying to get something free. I hope someone reading this can give me some explanation other than I need to go see a shrink. 😣

Edited by BobD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 2019 Edge Titanium with 4,500 miles.  My mirrors have never tilted.  I have had 4 Edge Titaniums and none had tilting mirrors.  I have never seen this feature described in any Ford literature or web site.  However, if you find it is an available feature I would definitely be interested in it.  The backup camera provides a lot of visibility when backing up but not along side the vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is not a standard Ford or Lincoln feature on any current vehicles as far as I know.  It may be possible to activate it via Forscan.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Nautilus doesn't have it either. I had it on 2 previous vehicles and I miss this feature a lot. It was quite useful when backing into my garage which has a fairly steep incline. The 360* camera view is nice but not nearly as confidence inspiring as good old fashioned side view mirrors.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, handfiler said:

My Nautilus doesn't have it either. I had it on 2 previous vehicles and I miss this feature a lot. It was quite useful when backing into my garage which has a fairly steep incline. The 360* camera view is nice but not nearly as confidence inspiring as good old fashioned side view mirrors.

 

Here you go. HTH

Screenshot_2020-01-29 2GFusions - Ford As-Built Data Mods (DanMc85).png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

 

Here you go. HTH

Screenshot_2020-01-29 2GFusions - Ford As-Built Data Mods (DanMc85).png

 

These are the codes for the Forscan option I mentioned earlier.  You’ll need a laptop and Forscan software and an OBD-II adapter.

Edited by akirby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, akirby said:

 

This is the Forscan option I mentioned earlier in case that wasn't clear.

Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a 'trick' of setting memory #3 to both mirrors down. Before backing up, put briefly in Neutral, press #3, then Reverse. Once in Park, press #1 and mirrors are back to normal.

 

I've tried the Forscan but like having both mirrors down when backing into a spot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

 

Here you go. HTH

Screenshot_2020-01-29 2GFusions - Ford As-Built Data Mods (DanMc85).png

 

Just to confirm, this works on the Edge, I have had it enabled for more than a year. Only to get the mirror to dip while in reverse, you have to select the mirror side using the mirror adjust controls (you can select it even while already in reverse), then that side would dip Press the other side and then it would dip and the other reverts to normal. Also, on my Edge, the Instrument cluster does not show the option for the mirror dip setting (enable/disable).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, akirby said:

 

This is the Forscan option I mentioned earlier in case that wasn't clear.

 

If you are referring to your first post in this thread, you alluded to a possible option in Forscan. If you provided more complete information to a similar query earlier then a link would have been nice. A third possibility that it's just one of your typical irritable responses.

Edited by handfiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, handfiler said:

 

If you are referring to your first post in this thread, you alluded to a possible option in Forscan. If you provided more complete information to a similar query earlier then a link would have been nice. A third possibility that it's just one of your typical irritable responses.


There was zero mention of Forscan in that post so anyone reading it who did not already know Forscan wouldn’t have a clue what those were.  I was simply clarifying that.   How that could be irritating is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akirby said:


There was zero mention of Forscan in that post so anyone reading it who did not already know Forscan wouldn’t have a clue what those were.  I was simply clarifying that.   How that could be irritating is beyond me.

 

Agree with this but found your response to onyxbfly somewhat odd.

9 hours ago, akirby said:

 

This is the Forscan option I mentioned earlier in case that wasn't clear.

You almost seem irritated........😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I see now.  I meant in case it wasn’t clear that those were Forscan codes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, akirby said:

 

These are the codes for the Forscan option I mentioned earlier.  You’ll need a laptop and Forscan software and an OBD-II adapter.


Is that better?

Edited by akirby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×