Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Its been 3 days since my sync3 has been completely blacked out. Initially there were issues with connecting phone via bluetooth. After rebooting my phone, it got reconnected to SYNC however SYNC blanked out in few minutes and then never turned on. Currently my radio, navigation, bluetooth everything is not working.

 

I tried pressing the power and tune+ buttons at the same time for few minutes, but nothing happened. I also tried removing the fuse, turned the car on for few minutes, then turned it back off, put the fuse back in. However no help.
 

Please suggest any alternative method to resolve this issue, or is my module dead? I am thinking of showing it to a dealer, however my car is past the warranty. Any idea how much would the dealer charge for consultation and repair work? I am currently driving a 2012 Ford Focus SEL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you checked out FocusFanatics.com? They have an active forum and I’m sure that if they haven’t already seen that, they can help you figure out what’s going on. My previous car was also a 2012 Focus and every time I had a challenge, I found an answer there. 

Edited by Donnielynn1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donnielynn1 said:

Have you checked out FocusFanatics.com? They have an active forum and I’m sure that if they haven’t already seen that, they can help you figure out what’s going on. My previous car was also a 2012 Focus and every time I had a challenge, I found an answer there. 

 

Owning a 2012 was an extreme challenge. Factory ordered and traded in 11 months later at an $8,000 loss. Finding a dealer to take it in on trade was also a challenge. I was a member at FocusFanatics and they indeed were a great source of information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, handfiler said:

 

Owning a 2012 was an extreme challenge. Factory ordered and traded in 11 months later at an $8,000 loss. Finding a dealer to take it in on trade was also a challenge. I was a member at FocusFanatics and they indeed were a great source of information.

Thanks for the tip. Will post my query on those forums too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1004ron said:

2012 Ford Focus

 

I know Sync3 is probably the same, but wouldn't it be best to ask on a Ford Focus forum vs this Edge forum?

 

https://www.allfordfocus.com/

 

https://www.fordforumsonline.com/forums/ford-focus.15/

Makes sense. Seems like this form is more active as i got major threads from here while doing google search. Thanks for the tip. Will post my query on those forums too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of FocusFanatics.com, been a mod over there for quite some time. Still friends with the original owner & met most of my friends through the site. It's definitely NOT what it used to be. The FJ VS FF rivalry, seen the SVT Wagon, rode in a SVT putting over 350HP to the ground, Auto-X'd a 2005 ST that was turbo'd to around 250HP (actually was FF.com's Ride Of The Year). Still communicate with a lot of the old school people there. 

 

To the matter at hand, did you do a retro fit? I didn't think they started putting sync 3 into Ford l vehicles till 2016. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Donnielynn1 said:

Have you checked out FocusFanatics.com? They have an active forum and I’m sure that if they haven’t already seen that, they can help you figure out what’s going on. My previous car was also a 2012 Focus and every time I had a challenge, I found an answer there. 

Thanks Donnielynn. Will look up there and see if i get any info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lildisco said:

Speaking of FocusFanatics.com, been a mod over there for quite some time. Still friends with the original owner & met most of my friends through the site. It's definitely NOT what it used to be. The FJ VS FF rivalry, seen the SVT Wagon, rode in a SVT putting over 350HP to the ground, Auto-X'd a 2005 ST that was turbo'd to around 250HP (actually was FF.com's Ride Of The Year). Still communicate with a lot of the old school people there. 

 

To the matter at hand, did you do a retro fit? I didn't think they started putting sync 3 into Ford l vehicles till 2016. 

I spoke with the customer support at Ford, and they told me my sync model and version number. As long as it starts working, i dont care about these details, tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×