DrivingofftheEdge

Blow off Valve Bypass Adapter

Has anyone put a BOV adapter on their 2.0? I cant find any that "fit". The have one that works on the fusion/escape and focus as well as f150 and mustang but nothing for the edge with a 2.0 liter. :(

The focus one works. You have to remove passenger wheel. Though its not really worth the hassle

Edited by Nick Halstead

A couple of things different. That's a focus pre-2015, not sure of the engine. The crossover pipe that goes from the intercooler to the inlet at the rear of the engine has the diverter valve on the bottom under the oil pan. I'll post some pics, I ordered the boomba racing adapter.

these images are from a 2017 Edge 2.0
43026789_10102928937587708_5952268985092

43103884_10102928937737408_2820752473528

There's a video, but it's in my FB group. Def have to remove tire for easier access

Edited by Nick Halstead

Ordered a Turbosmart from Summit Racing.  We'll see how this goes.  Wife's always a little jealous of my HKS in my CX7

Welp, it bolts up, but there's an electrical connection on the bpv that's not on the new BPV. Assuming that it monitors boost, so no go for me on my 2016 fwd

20200701_174654.jpg

20200701_174719.jpg

Edited by lildisco

3 hours ago, lildisco said:

Welp, it bolts up, but there's an electrical connection on the bpv that's not on the new BPV. Assuming that it monitors boost, so no go for me on my 2016 fwd

20200701_174654.jpg

20200701_174719.jpg

Yours did not come with this piece? That plugs into the plug you unhooked?

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/bov-cel-plug-ford-mustang-fiesta-ecoboost/

negative.  It also doesn't have anywhere for that vacuum line to go either 

Just got off the phone with Turbosmart & they claim that the above part will not fit in the charge pipe as the mounting points are different.  They suggest using the cheater plug mentioned above & running a vacuum line off the intake manifold.  I'm not sure that i want to do this at the moment because the edge has been pretty reliable & don't want to mess that up.  I do have a vacuum line that i use for the Catch Can, but not 100% sure how that's routed, so maybe i'll look into that before i return to Summit.

7 hours ago, lildisco said:

Just got off the phone with Turbosmart & they claim that the above part will not fit in the charge pipe as the mounting points are different.  They suggest using the cheater plug mentioned above & running a vacuum line off the intake manifold.  I'm not sure that i want to do this at the moment because the edge has been pretty reliable & don't want to mess that up.  I do have a vacuum line that i use for the Catch Can, but not 100% sure how that's routed, so maybe i'll look into that before i return to Summit.

believe all of us with a real BOV have a vacuum line ran to the intake manifold. did your kit not ship with anything but the BOV? mine came with vacuum lines, a T and the plug I linked

My CX7 came with one, this was supposed to be a direct swap or at least that was my understanding. I could do that, which probably would be fairly easy, but I'm a little uneasy taping into a vacuum line. I just got to look at where I spliced into a vacuum line for my Team RXP Catch Can & see if it's relatively easy to install. Plus spend the $40+ on a cheater plug