Start Stop Disable

fastback89

I apologize if this topic has been beat to death but just wanted to be certain of the Forscan codes to turn off Auto Start Stop on my 20 ST. I have not found anyone who has successfully done this on a 2020, I'm assuming it's the same as a 19 but just wanted to be sure. Thanks for your help

I love the stop start feature. I even will roll down the windows and endure a bit of heat rather than run the A/C and have climate control force an early re-start while sitting at a traffic light. Ill sit and hold the brake down rather than put it in park when dropping off a passenger for a quick errand too.

Tip: To avoid the auto stop and restart when shifting to park just turn off the car without going to park. it will automatically shift into park. 

Edited by Fingernip

15 hours ago, fastback89 said:

I apologize if this topic has been beat to death but just wanted to be certain of the Forscan codes to turn off Auto Start Stop on my 20 ST. I have not found anyone who has successfully done this on a 2020, I'm assuming it's the same as a 19 but just wanted to be sure. Thanks for your help

Careful with Forscan as it turns off the advanced charging program that these new Fords use. 

Edited by Snoking

10 hours ago, Snoking said:

Careful with Forscan as it turns off the advanced charging program that these new Fords use. 

I knew it disabled the BMS, I was not aware of the charging system issue. I did this on my 18 Raptor and have never experienced any problems. I'll just leave it go until I research this further. Again, thanks for your response

On 7/2/2020 at 11:04 AM, Snoking said:

That video is not true. You only disable the BMS if that's how you program the car...  If you don't know what you are doing, sure that's when undesirable things happen.  But as someone who understands how vehicle systems and communication works, plugging a random device into my car's network is the last thing I would ever do.  Having some random programmer send broadcast messages startup is how you confuse the car and have "odd" behaviors - properly disabling the stop/start features via FORScan or UCDS is not the 'wrong way'.

Do your research everyone, don't believe what one out-of-touch shop says.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, FINFAN3DP said:

Or people that bit@h about people with opinions different than theirs.

Some of us just refuse to be "nudged" by Obama era regulations.  

Point was you decided you hated it without even giving it a chance.  I hated it the first time I drove one but after owning my f150 for 2 weeks it’s not an issue.    Sorta like the “has to be a V8” ecoboost haters that have never even driven one.

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

Point was you decided you hated it without even giving it a chance.  I hated it the first time I drove one but after owning my f150 for 2 weeks it’s not an issue.    Sorta like the “has to be a V8” ecoboost haters that have never even driven one.

Point is you have no idea.  We also have a 2019 Honda Odyssey and that has it as well, and I FREAKIN HATE it.  Instead of posting crap, why don't people just move on by when someone doesn't like what they do.

Edited by FINFAN3DP

47 minutes ago, FINFAN3DP said:

Point is you have no idea.  We also have a 2019 Honda Odyssey and that has it as well, and I FREAKIN HATE it.  Instead of posting crap, why don't people just move on by when someone doesn't like what they do.

It’s a pet peeve.  And ignoring what other people post works both ways,

14 hours ago, handfiler said:

Ya and it can turn into a shit show when someone decides to bring politics into the discussion. That has no place in an automotive forum.

Actually politics plays into everything in the automotive industry.  Just some people don't like it when one side is right and the other is wrong.

50 minutes ago, FINFAN3DP said:

Actually politics plays into everything in the automotive industry.  Just some people don't like it when one side is right and the other is wrong.

Whether one side is right and the other is wrong is purely subjective as to who benefits from what. That being said politics does not have a home with THIS automotive forum.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sorry all you eco loving, mpg loving, crazy Edge owners!  The auto stop eliminator came today.  Installed it in less than 15 minutes!  Works great!  One thing i did note is the display to the left of the speedo comes up and tells you it is off everytime you start the car.  A little annoying, but it goes away.  NOT nearly annoying as the car shutting off everytime you hit a light.  

• 10 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:01 AM, akirby said:

It’s not a big deal if you just let it work for a few weeks.  You’ll forget it’s there.

It is a big deal. This feature sucks. It has already messed up my steering wheel because I turned the wheel when the car was "off" and now it makes a click when I turn the wheel. 2k miles on the clock.

If you're going to introduce a stupid feature like this that doesn't provide any benefit, it should be foolproof.

• Like 1