Sign in to follow this  
shumax

Engine missing/stumbling at higher speeds

2.7 Ecoboost (31k) with engine replaced due to oil consumption about 8-10k ago.  At highways speeds - above 65mph, in top gear, it is stumbling and missing.  No CEL.  You can see the tach jump up and down about 3-400rpm as it happens and the car shakes, too.  I always run top tier 93 octane in it, so that's not the issue, either.  

Anyone have any experience with this?

It's going into the dealership Thursday for a suspension clunk, too, so will have them sort this then.  Just looking to see what others' may have experienced.

Thanks,

Shumax

possible torque converter lockup issue?  checked transmission fluid level and condition?  any leaks at the TC housing?

I just noticed it today, for the first time; though, I don't drive the car much - it's my wife's.  She mentioned she's not noticed it.  I took it for another drive this evening and it didn't do it.  So, I'm not sure what to make of it now.  :(

Next time it happens try to catch it on video. If I'ts not throwing any codes, the dealer may not be inclined to believe you.

I drove it again, to the dealer, and never got it to do it again.  They drove it and said they couldn't, either.  Mentioned there were no codes stored on it, either.  So, nothing has been done to it.  They tried to tell me it could be the start of a bad MAF, etc.  I like this dealer a lot, so I think they were just trying to give me "something" to go with.  Regardless, it didn't do it the entire way home and my wife said it was fine yesterday as she drove it.  So, I think I'll let it be until it comes back and gets worse...?

• Like 1