ToeNuttz

2017 Edge - Closing windows with remote

I recently found out I can open my windows on my 2017 Edge Titanium via remote. I am not able to remotely close them though. I have gone into vehicle settings - windows and it only show the option to turn on and off the open windows. It does not show the close option. Is there a way to add this to the vehicle? Is it just taking it to the dealer and asking for the program/hardware (if any) to be installed.

Edited by ToeNuttz

The dealer won't be able to add "Global Close". You can do it using ForScan using a compatible OBD2 adapter.

The best available, in my opinion are the OBDlink adapters. EX for wired, MX+ for Bluetooth. EX has an extra benefit of support from ForScan team and a possible future ability to flash firmwares to Fords various modules. The MX+ is very capable and has the advantage of accessing OEM diagnostic codes and parameters for other brands as well (without additional cost).

• Like 1

I have the same issue with my 2015 Edge
closing front windows with key fob.

Is there away to open & close my rear windows & sun roof also with Key fob and FORScan?

Edited by mmavin@aol.com

2 hours ago, mmavin@aol.com said:

Is there away to open & close my rear windows & sun roof also with Key fob and FORScan?

No. The hardware doesn't include what is required to do it.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.