AutoBuff

Recall - Front Brake Hoses Could Rupture

2015-2018 Ford Edge and 2016-2018 Lincoln MKX

Front Brake Hoses Could Rupture
A ruptured front brake hose will cause a brake fluid leak, lengthening the distance needed to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V469000

Manufacturer Ford Motor Company

Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC, SERVICE BRAKES

Potential Number of Units Affected 488,594

Summary

Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Ford Edge and 2016-2018 Lincoln MKX vehicles. The front brake hoses may rupture prematurely.

Remedy

Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front brake hoses with the new hoses that have a revised braid material, free of charge. Parts are not currently available. Ford will send an interim notification beginning September 14, 2020 to make owners aware of the issue. A second letter will be mailed once parts are available. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 20S42.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

7 Affected Products 

Vehicles

MAKE MODEL YEAR

FORD EDGE 2015-2018
LINCOLN MKX 2016-2018
  • Like 1

This is the response I got from the dealership service manager:

Ron , its not a recall as of yet just advance notice they sent to us yesterday Ford has not given any instructions as of yet will let you know when they do.

Well your service manager is a tad wrong there...IT IS A RECALL.  Ford just doesn't have parts to remedy it yet.  Owner notification won't happen until mid September if I remember correctly (info from Ford OASIS which matches original post).

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 1

I hope I haven't caused confusion by posting this recall notice.  I know many owners will be notified by mail but one concern that I have is those that don't receive the notice because their vehicle was bought used or the owner has since moved to a new address.

54 minutes ago, AutoBuff said:

I hope I haven't caused confusion by posting this recall notice.  I know many owners will be notified by mail but one concern that I have is those that don't receive the notice because their vehicle was bought used or the owner has since moved to a new address.

No confusion, and agree it could assist someone that might not receive the mail when it arrives.

I got early notice from Carfax on the day it was published.